Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
MakoMania

Despite the dissapointing opening times recently announced, I am looking forward to seeing all the TLC updates this closed season.

They replied to someone on facebook saying to watch this space about Hex so I'm excited to see what has gone on inside. If nothing, I'm just excited to hear of a reopening for it!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
OhShambhala

MakoMania wrote:

They replied to someone on facebook saying to watch this space about Hex so I'm excited to see what has gone on inside. If nothing, I'm just excited to hear of a reopening for it!
Well at least we know that its gonna re-open. I was quite apprehensive to wether it would. Its one of my favourites at Alton. :)
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!
Dom

We're very busy in CBeebies Land giving the whole place TLC before our new friends arrive! With lots of painting and refurbs throughout!
Capt.Barnacles

It's about time those trees got looked at! They were like that ALL of last year!
Ladyofthelake

The latest update from the Alton TLC twitter account offers an insight into the annual Waterpark maintenance with the replacement of bridges and staircases as well as the painting and refurbishment of rockwork.

It's nice to see stuff from outside the theme park being covered, even if it is just the routine maintenance :)
Dom

Todays update is a hashtag.

#ATaleWithATwist
S.J_O'Grady

*sings Hex theme extremely loud
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
JonDoesTT

Hopefully they'll do an actual Hex update this week, I'm guessing this is just to create hype over it.

Credit to NemesisRider
Jack

S.J_O'Grady wrote:*sings Hex theme extremely loud
*Shouts Hex theme extremely loud*
ThemeCrafter264

Or it could just be a troll ( :lol)
OhShambhala

Jack wrote:
S.J_O'Grady wrote:*sings Hex theme extremely loud
*Shouts Hex theme extremely loud*
*Screams Hex theme through microphone to a crowd of 100,000 people.
Last edited by OhShambhala on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!
Nickolai

*applies bass boost x500 in audacity after recording the magnificent sound
Formally Smiler313
MakoMania

Altontowers.com confirms Hex & Driving School will reopen in 2017. Sub-Terra remains "unavailable" whilst Twirling Toadstool is closed for TLC. Ice Age, Charlie & wobble world have been removed from the website.

That means the park will be down to just 2 decently sized flat rides!

Interesting that Sub-Terra remains listed whereas Charlie, Wobble World & Ice Age have been completely removed.
Stellafella

I dont get why Ice age is going. Has the deal with that Brand come to an end
MakoMania

Stellafella wrote:I dont get why Ice age is going. Has the deal with that Brand come to an end
It very well could have as if it was a 5 year contract, 2016 would be the last year. It's worth noting that last season the shows were cut down to one every hour on off most dates and one every 30 minutes on school holiday dates. Until mid 2015 it was a free flow attraction where you could queue up until a show started.

I have to say that confirmation of Hex reopening has given me some more confidence in the park. It's a fantastic dark ride and even if TLC has only given it minor updates that will be fine by me! CCL seems like the next area for major redevelopment in my eyes given the extent of the closures in that area.
JonDoesTT

MakoMania wrote: Charlie, Wobble World & Ice Age have been completely removed.
That's why they were selling the Ice Age merchandise off cheap at the end of last season then :/

Although, the characters are still listed here: https://www.altontowers.com/theme-park/ ... characters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Credit to NemesisRider
ThemeCrafter264

I have a feeling twirling toadstalls will open later on in the season, around Easter half term, as oppose to not opening. It seems like there is a reason why it says 'temporary' as oppose to not saying it
S.J_O'Grady

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:I have a feeling twirling toadstalls will open later on in the season, around Easter half term, as oppose to not opening. It seems like there is a reason why it says 'temporary' as oppose to not saying it
I know that they do actually have the intention of refurbishing the Toadstool because they said it was going to be done last year, but they never got round to it it seems. So if they repaint it (which needs doing) we may find that it reopens later in the year.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
MakoMania

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:I have a feeling twirling toadstalls will open later on in the season, around Easter half term
I can see it potentially reopening for May half term, however the Easter holidays start only one week after the theme park opens.

I'm still concerned that they have a mid week close date & 4:30pm closes on the first week of the Easter hols for many schools :?
Last edited by MakoMania on Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeadJack5

JonDoesTT wrote:
MakoMania wrote: Charlie, Wobble World & Ice Age have been completely removed.
That's why they were selling the Ice Age merchandise off cheap at the end of last season then :/

Although, the characters are still listed here: https://www.altontowers.com/theme-park/ ... characters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They may not have updated this by the looks as it still mentions Sonic which i presume is from when Spinball Wizzer was Sonic Spinball