Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
definedancing

So happy about Galleons being restored. :)
dazza4783

MakoMania wrote:Somebody on theme park review suggested that if the track had undergone a thorough jet wash then the red could've appeared as a base layer applied back in 1994. I haven't a clue myself about that, all I know is that it hasn't been painted white like the rest of the track yet.
Didn't they say on one of the @altontlc tweets that it had been shot blasted. That would have removed all of the paint from the track leaving just bare steel.
I think this could be what the first picture they put up of the paint job (the close up of the helix), where it was all white in the middle and rusty either side. I think that was just the start of the paint job and the rusty looking part was the bare steel yet to be painted. Which would mean the white is just a base coat and the final colour will be the colour it was originally. That is if they are keeping the original theme that the track is the creatures exoskeleton that comes out of it's body, rather than the way they made it look in sub-terra where the track is the steel lowered in by helicopters to pin the monster down.
ChainedOak

Me being the nosy person I am decided to contact the resort about whether the red blood waterfalls would be coming back on Nemesis this season. They replied very promptly saying that they aren't quite sure yet, or words to that effect. I still have hope regarding what I think is an amazing piece of theming that creates a real impact.
Jammydodger

I'm hoping that "major work" around Rita involves sorting out the launch cable walkway.

Also kind of chuckled that they're showing off their freshly painted shutters, reminding us that although half their food outlets will be shut, at least they'll look pretty!
Whoguru5

I hope they something with the flume under this Tlc thing, even if it isn't a retheme just a coat of paint would help at this point.

Thanks to lewis97 For the signature.
dazza4783

Whoguru5 wrote:I hope they something with the flume under this Tlc thing, even if it isn't a retheme just a coat of paint would help at this point.
I think the flume is likely to be replaced in the near future, so would be pointless spending loads of money on it now. As it has been rumoured to not be open at all this season chances are it will be removed during, or at the end of this season.
Altontowersbarlow

There is a lot more going on than I initially expected with the launch of Towers Loving Care. There can be no doubt that although there is still a lot to do in coming years, the park is going to look the best it has for quite some time this season.
Dan

Whoguru5 wrote:I hope they something with the flume under this Tlc thing, even if it isn't a retheme just a coat of paint would help at this point.
The Flume has been heavily rumoured to be SBNO for this coming season so I doubt we'll see any TLC updates about it.
Zach

The flume is more likely to be removed...for future development than be given any TLC, expect it to not to open then be gone.

As for the TLC project it's amazing to see the amount of effort going into bringing the park new life and potentially returning a bit of the magic! I'm just hoping people don't expect too much, by tweeting Alton when they are on park "oh you missed a bit" or this needs doing cause that will drive them insane.
Dom

One of today's @AltonTLC update

A look at those Battle Galleons islands now they've been given some #TowersLovingCare & the water is back!
Dan

Dom wrote:Today's @AltonTLC update

A look at those Battle Galleons islands now they've been given some #TowersLovingCare & the water is back!
You beat me to it Dom!

I'm loving these daily TLC updates and I'm really looking forward to getting back on park and seeing the improvements for myself.
Dom

Dan.N wrote:
Dom wrote:Today's @AltonTLC update

You beat me to it Dom!

I'm loving these daily TLC updates and I'm really looking forward to getting back on park and seeing the improvements for myself.
With blueness comes great Ninja skills :lol

I am loving these updates too and it is so great to see the park finally getting the much needed attention it deserves :)
MakoMania

THE SCAFFOLDING IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Ladyofthelake

As MakoMania rather enthusiastically pointed out, Alton TLC's latest Tweet does appear to show that the scaffolding from underneath Rita's launch had been removed and replaced with a cage similar to that seen on Stealth at Thorpe Park. There also appears to be new higher fencing on the outside of the queueline.

MakoMania

They're doing an awful lot of teasing about it. Qhat are they teasing? The fact that they've removed some scaffolding?

"We will reveal all soon"

Just doesn't sound like they're talking about some scaffolding. Maybe restraint changes like Maverick?

I might be getting a bit carried away but who knows!
Jack

This seems rather interesting, but even if it is just the scaffolding removal I am more than content with it. Looks really rather nice from the limited amount we can see from that photo :)
Ryan.B

Looks very nice, but I hope once the next 3 years are over, they don't start to leave things, but most of these improvements are very nice and I'm fine if they do rolling closures over the season for this, as long as the rumoured 6 rides aren't closed at the same time.
MakoMania

Seems like the entire tunnel has been rebuilt @Altontlc
Dom

Seems like they are being generous with tweets tonight

Liam.W

OMG it's finally gone! ITS FINALLY GONE! (As you can see I am rather excited)
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!