Walibi Holland

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Mankey

I cant see anything :? and i take it this is El Condor We're talking about?

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Shent

They web site has hot link protection applyed :)
......The one and only... :sus:
Mankey

Oooh that looks quite nice actually, alot more freedom to move

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Mankey

They just look really comfortable... i wonder if they actually are :D

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Joe-07

They look very good (and comfortable) indeed. Let's hope Blackpool take note of these and invest in some for Infusion, it would make the ride a lot better in my opinion (assuming they are actually a lot more comfy than the current restraints).

:)
iriderides101

How come only a few have been replaced?
Craig

Since they're new, they're probably demonstrating them on a couple of rows at Walibi to see if they (and other parks of course!) want to buy them.
caffeine_demon

they're the same as the restraints on the junior suspended vekoma at movie park in germany - they were comfy on that, but woluld be interesting to see how they coped with the loopy stuff!
DanB

They seem to have plenty of space for the likes of me, lol
caffeine_demon

[quote=""DanB""]They seem to have plenty of space for the likes of me, lol[/quote]

I can fit them no probs!

next year, I hope to have trimmed down for colossus!
XLR8

Its great that the ride manufacturers have now started to review the restraint systems. There wasn't any serious progress for AGES! Great.

What differs to the trains on the new Vekoma Suspended Family coasters (Movie Park Germany, Grönalund Stockholm) is, that the train on the picture at Walibi World doesn't have the genious ability to slightly swing to the sides to avoid roughness. Maybe that system doesn't cope with the forces of an SLC... :roll:
If you go down to Wodan - you'd better not go alone!
Gloomy Dude

I realise that this probably isn't of enormous interest to many folk (it only is to me, as I will be going to this particular park later this year), but anyway...

After 4 years in the SBNO wilderness, Walibi Holland's (the recently renamed Walibi World) Vekoma Boomerang - La Via Volta - is to re-open in 2011. Fitting in with Walibi's musically-inclined rebranding of all their parks, the new ride will be called Speed of Sound.

Some concept art on RCDB.

According to Vekoma's official website, they have just delivered a "new train, with the latest comfortable restraints and a WOW Sound System" to Walibi Holland (nerd fact - the original trains are what now run on Pleasurewood Hills' Boomerang).

So, a Vekoma Boomerang with on-board audio and 'comfortable restraints'. That sounds to me like a ride with potential, especially if the audio is well synchronised with the ride experience.

Taking a leap here, but if Screamscape are to be believed, it will be the same restraints as shown here, on Carowinds' Carolina Cobra. They do indeed looks less traumatic than the 'classic' Vekoma horse collar.

Edit - Just noticed that second picture in the Vekoma link seems to confirm the above regarding restraints.
Last edited by Gloomy Dude on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
zs chris

Been monitoring this for a while as I am also going this year in May, good to see it finally being set in stone. I'm not a big fan of the whole 'music battle' theme they seem to have going on all over the park at the moment, the last time I visited the park was still under the Six Flags tag. Hopefully it'll surprise me.

Now they just need to get Turbine running again and i'll be happy! :D
Gloomy Dude

In slightly more glib Walibi Holland 2011 news, their Mack wild mouse (Flying Dutchman) has been knocked down and carted off to France.

Also, their Zierer Tivoli - Wok's Waanzin - has been re-christened Rattle Snake. I presume that's supposed to be some sort of edgy, bad-ass, rock'n'roll kind of a name :roll:
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

CF1

The Bommerang of Walibi Belgium and Walibi Rhone Alpes also get the new Trains with the Sound System.
Gloomy Dude

Just been watching this video which indicates a few things about Speed of Sound.

1) The ride has received a rather nice new lick of paint.

2) I don't think the ride will have on-board audio as such. There appear to be large speakers attached at regular intervals along the course of the ride. Doesn't look like the sound is going to be coming from the car like on R'n'R. Which leads me neatly to number 3...

3) While the audio looks like it will be well corresponded to the ride's motion, the song is some dreadful, originally composed piece of helium-voiced, tweeny-bop fluff which make R'n'R's soundtrack seem tasteful.

4) Back to the positive, there seem to be incredibly cool spark effects attached at similar intervals to the speakers along the track.

Still, just a boomerang at the end of the day. The world's gaudiest, tackiest boomerang :roll:

DiogoJ42

:shock:
What... the... Wardley?
AstroDan

I LOVE IT!

This is totally insane!

:D :D :D
CF1

@ Gloomy Dude
U can bet, its realy Onboard Sound:

And the Speakers are from JL Audio, one of the best Companys.
ponder

I'd hate to be a ride op on that thing. Imagine having to listen to that audio over and over and over again. It'd be like being forced to endure Radio Halifax adverts on loop for a day.

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps