Walibi Holland

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
oldgitBEN

how unnecessary but amazing! Bless the effort all for a boomerang.
Joelio

[quote=""Gloomy Dude""]
3) While the audio looks like it will be well corresponded to the ride's motion, the song is some dreadful, originally composed piece of helium-voiced, tweeny-bop fluff which make R'n'R's soundtrack seem tasteful.
[/quote]

Just thought i'd highlight that section of your post. I'm unsure how you think having Aerosmith playing while you're on ride could be considered tasteless especially since the ride doesn't hide the fact that the attraction is both Aerosmith themed and onboard audio is actually the whole point of the ride (as in, thats the rides story). And unlike this coaster, it has 5 different mixes, so its not all that repetitive and some of their custom music was altered to become more befitting of the ride. Hmm.

[/rant]

I do also understand that Aerosmith may not be to everyones liking, so we'll agree to disagree.

As for this boomerang, its certainly something different, not really the kind of coaster that lends itself to onboard audio at all, especially if its an outdoors attraction, due to people screaming on nearby attractions etc. Atleast it'll have a smooth ride with those new trains.
Gloomy Dude

I was kind of meaning to call the whole of R'n'R tasteless :P

Yes, it's well executed for what it is, but I make no secret of my general ambivalence towards it. Dull doesn't even come close to describing everything after the first inversion.

Oh, and there are no other big attractions near this boomerang. Just some chairswings and a splash battle if memory serves, so no worries about noise from other rides.
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Someone should remind them that there is meant to be a train the track. :shock:

Simply awful promo video, tacky & not well thought out. On a lighter note the ride is looking really fresh and it should add to the experience with music and the new train. :)
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
DiogoJ42

:lol: No offence Gloomy, But I can't take any opinion seriously from the guy who rates Indiana Jones as 10/10 ;)
RnR is the best ride at DLRP.

Back on topic, I look forward to riding this thing in a few months time :D
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]:lol: No offence Gloomy, But I can't take any opinion seriously from the guy who rates Indiana Jones as 10/10 ;)
RnR is the best ride at DLRP.

Back on topic, I look forward to riding this thing in a few months time :D[/quote]

...and who also thinks the Pleasure Beach is the best thing since sliced bread. :P
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Deleted

The Trains have arrived ;)

AstroDan

VESTS? This ride will be fine to ride!

:D
AstroDan

Say OOOOH... Sexy Tunnel!

Pictures from TPR.

:D
Michaél

EEEEK... suffovests. :shock: Maybe it's just me... but I find them extremely uncomfortable and far too tight on the chest, somehow Vekoma have made one of the most comfortable type of restraint uncomfortable. :( Although a massive improvement head-banging wise.

Theming looks as if it's going to be quite nice.. if a little generic. Should be a nice ride, boomerangs are usually quite forceful and the on ride audio sounds interesting. :) Location is a bit of a shame... wouldn't quite envision it fitting that well within the 'classic' Italia section of the park (assuming that they are only re-theming the restaurant.. if they are overhauling the whole area, it'll be great). But then again, it's better than it's original rusty state, which was one of the park's few faults aesthetically. :D

Negatives aside, will be a nice addition, great to see they are actually sorting the ride out and will certainly get more guests through the gate! :)
Gloomy Dude

Tunnel? This just gets more silly/awesome by the week. Can't wait to ride :D

Also, I admire the real effort to make the ride comfortable, to fit in with its child friendly theme.
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
Capt.Barnacles

After scouring numerous coaster sites, I've stumbled across a very curious roller coaster being built for Walibi Holland next year. Already confirmed to be a MACK (presumably a deal with Walibi involving this and Pulsar in Belgium), the track is two tone, alternating between black and yellow. On top of that, there's a teaser on their website relating to a 'mental check'. This test involves three questions that follow optical illusions to throw you off. Curious that the teaser and the colour scheme is similar to that of The Smiler, I wonder whether there'll be any similarities in the final product.

Website teaser: https://www.walibi.nl/nl/praktische-info/mental-check" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sources: http://themepark.nl/ubb/ubbthreads.php/ ... 991/3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comm ... 55#Item_35" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Capt.Barnacles on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dom

According to RCDB.com It is indeed a Mack Coaster as Dan said. According to the RCDB website it will be a Mack Mega Coaster with a height of 105ft.

Its Dutch Smiler :lol But in all seriousness it does seem a bit deja vu in everything. It will be interesting to see how this goes.
Rita Fan

Das Smiler ;)
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
Aidan Lowe

Might need a trip over to DQ1 Festival next year again and pop over to the theme park to try this out at the same time. The teasers and possible theme have me intrigued, hopefully a decent coaster.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Liam.W

I love the colour of the track, the yellow and black go together really well! But i definitely agree the colours and illusions on the website are very similar to the smiler. :moj

Is there a way to get the website teaser in english? I don't understand that language one bit! :lol
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Rita Fan

I just hope this ride will be ok with people with epilepsy. If you're looking at the track (which, let's face it, we all do) like you normally do on roller coasters, the speed may cause the colours to flash quickly thus, triggering a seizure. Plus, the colouring is in quite small bursts, so speed could cause problems somehow. Unlikely, but possible.
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
Capt.Barnacles

smileradvocate1 wrote:I love the colour of the track, the yellow and black go together really well! But i definitely agree the colours and illusions on the website are very similar to the smiler. :moj

Is there a way to get the website teaser in english? I don't understand that language one bit! :lol
I was able to translate the page using Chrome. You should be able to do the same :)
NemesisRider

Is that the same type of spine used on Lightning at Lewa Happy World? Anyway, looks interesting. This may be very much a MACK version of The Smiler :P
Stan.H

Rita Fan wrote:Das Smiler ;)
Das Lächeln (er)!! :P