Is there gonna be an Ugland Re-theme or not?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

I hope there will be a re-theme. Not cause I don't like Ug Land, It;s that Rita will stick out like a saw thumb. A racing-car type coaster + and prehistoric themed area = ERROR (If ya get what I mean :P )

Or they could Theme R.I.T.A on some Dinosaw thing. How this...

Dino Dasher, race at 62mph will the Alton T-Rex races after you. (Well I think its a good idea :oops:)

Can someone explain to me whats actually happening :?: :!: ....
Ron_Mc_Don

Yes their will be a Re-theme of ugland but not till after 2005.

For 2005 Ug land will remain.
Williscroft

Im not to shure about this Ug-Land here for 2005 but gone for 2006. I think we will see Ritas true theme for the 2005 seasson. I dont think Alton Towers are going to launch their new coaster with no themeing. The station will have to me themed if not only a little bit and the cars will have to be themed ect ect. I dodnt see them making it fit in with Ug-Land then having to change it again the next seasson. i think what ever theme we see in 2005 with be Ritas theme. :D :D
doom+sons1988

They've ripped most UG land apart anyway.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Ron_Mc_Don

Lets look at the evidence all the shops have still got the ug land theming on them and all the ug land theming has been kept.
Also the timescale to build Rita and then re theme the entire land it to much to do to get it finished in time for Rita's opening day.
The theming that was moved to make way for the construction can easily be put back into its new location.
Dave

i dunno if thats stricktly speak true.

from what ive seen in the past most of the themeing is just pre made facards stuck to the structure, it wouldnt take that much time to do, for all we know the facards are being made in some work shop on site as we speak, the same goes for the ug themeing left near by, if they have time ot transplant that back onsite thye would have time to put new stuff in, again presuming it is premade off site
Martin1

maybe the section may be themeless for a season?
Anonymous

[quote=""martinrules62""]maybe the section may be themeless for a season?[/quote]

'Bland land nothing to see here' LOL well what I've heard is that arcade by corkscrew still stands but the themings been ripped off.

I reckon it would be a better job to just get the new theming in for '05.
Might just be my last visit for a few years as my school only do trips up to year 9 and I really want to see that fresh (rushed) theming.
Williscroft

I do have this great image of this very powerfull women( some kind of demon or leader) with red hot flames around the area and it would be well good if this sort of theme did come. Maybe they could of killed of the dinos and took over the land :D :D :D
Ron_Mc_Don

[quote=""Bantamboy""]well what I've heard is that arcade by corkscrew still stands but the themings been ripped off.[/quote]

The arcade was being dismantled in the last 2 days of the season so I would say that it isn't their anymore. It is rumored that the steel from it is going to be used to make the garage for rita.
spark

[quote=""assume the position""]i dunno if thats stricktly speak true.

from what ive seen in the past most of the themeing is just pre made facards stuck to the structure, it wouldnt take that much time to do, for all we know the facards are being made in some work shop on site as we speak, the same goes for the ug themeing left near by, if they have time ot transplant that back onsite thye would have time to put new stuff in, again presuming it is premade off site[/quote]

Agreed

Why re-theme these shops before the ride has even begun to be erected? They would get dirty and damaged. What they will do is remove them come feb time or maybe later
phillipvass

Also if there was to be a retheme surly the corkscrew would have had some work done on it and the Ug Land sign would have been removed?
Williscroft

Just remeber though Spinball Whizzer had no theme at all then all of a sudden there was silver balls and pinball poit basher thingys. We wont no weather a new theme is coming untill Rita is finished probably or if some one confirms it for us. :D
alton_mad_leam

http://www.towersalmanac.com/features/r ... me002.html

this picy shows the ugland 2005 uniform....
i dont think we will be seeing a re-theme in ug just yet
Crofty

But that does kinda look like a racing suit kind of thing

:D :D
richardlerwill3

This is based on the colour of the track that has arrived.

I think that this maroon and brown colour would be much more suited to the Ugland theme. When the posters first went up, I instantly assumed that it was going to be re-theme. My views have suddenly changed after seeing the track and the new uniform (which is very strong evidence).

Ug Land though was abit...dull...and you could easily tell it wasnt being looked after at the end of the 2004 season. I can understand the new management's plans to totally revamp the area, which is what I think they will do. The theming should be complete for Rita in 2005 because thats when they expect everyone who goes to ride it. It's a new ride and obviously that where people will go. If the area looks untidy, bland, or unfinished, first impressions will be spoiled and the potential of the rides popularity and contribution to the park's attendence would be ruined.
geo

ive said it before, not a retheme for next season just a little update
(and no im not in the know or have any contacts, just been listening to whats been said already)
phillipvass

http://www.towersalmanac.com

'The 2005 Ug Land uniform gives little away about the theming. The colour of the uniform has changed to fit with Rita, but the Ug Land logo remains, suggesting a similar theme for Rita perhaps.'

http://www.towersalmanac.com/features/r ... ing/02.jpg
Williscroft

So glad the Ug-Land theme is staying. Its one of me favorite areas of the park. I didnt think it would go as its one of the newist themes in the park ( im happy now) :D
phillipvass

There's gonna be lots of new scenery aswell!