Alton Towers Fireworks - 7/11/15

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
NemesisRider

Alton Towers Fireworks Spectacular

Yesterday was my last visit to Alton Towers this season. I think it was my favourite day at Alton Towers that hasn't been an official TT event and I really enjoyed myself. There are quite a few pictures, so it may take a while to load on slow WiFi.

Fireworks review

I began my day in Forbidden Valley on Air. I was lucky enough to get in a front and back row ride within roughly half an hour, so I was quite pleased. The shop was shut off, so there were no onride photos, but I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. I didn't have my final flight until later on, but I feel I gave Air as we know it a good send-off. Next I went on to Nemesis for one ride, and it was as good as normal. We got a beautiful view with the light reflecting off the wet track too, so that was a bonus. We hopped onto the Skyride and then got a quick ride on Oblivion before lunch.

I ate in Woodcutters and finally met up with the group of TTers, big thanks to Dan N for being my go to person for finding out where you all were! After finishing the meal, the "hat banter" between members of the group started and it was just good fun. I love being with the community in real life and the laughs that we have are brilliant. Th13teen and TT: the ride were good fun, then we returned to Forbidden Valley for a ride on Nemesis, Air then The Blade takeover.
"Where are we going next?" "Air" "Air!" "Air" "Air!"
We then went onto Duel then we rode the rapids. I may have joined Team Poncho but it saved me from Zach's water being dumped on us!

I separated from the group after this ride to get Oblivion done in the dark/dusk and it was very thrilling. It is probably my 3rd favourite ride at night after The Swarm and Air. I grabbed some food before Fireworks, then chose a good viewing spot.

The Fireworks were definitely my favourite so far. The Enterprise was utilised well and the live actors were a nice touch. There was a good mix of music and it really cannot be summed up in words. I have taken lots of pictures though. The music was very good, and the musical highlight was the orchestral Hex theme. I do love Hex, it's an epic dark ride, so hearing it's theme remastered was pleasing to my inner fanboy ;) The finale was awesome, and the lasers were probably the star this year.

After the Fireworks I took my final flight on Air. It was on the back row and in darkness, so it was about as good as it gets. Next was Nemesis where I bumped into the TTers again the I finally rode The Congo River Rapids as my last ride of the season. It was a great day and one of the highlights of my season.

I got in 3 rides on Nemesis, including one at night.

A picture of Rita, taken from the Th13teen queue.

Don't look down...

Goodbye Air!

Some of my pictures of the Fireworks.

My Thoughts
This season has been the hardest one to date at Alton Towers with the June incident. However, it has been a test of our community and we've stuck together and stayed strong, even at the darkest of times. When I compare how I felt around everyone at Smilefest and my first slightly nervous chat with the TTers to meeting up with everyone at Fireworks on my own accord, it makes me realise how much I've changed. I've done many things this season including my visit to the US and I've ridden rides that some can only dream of riding, I feel so lucky. This includes me riding my favourite ride for the first time, Twisted Colossus. I've been upside-down many, many times and I've had nearly 200 rides. All I can say is that, I wouldn't have missed a second of this season even for a lifetime pass. Every inversion, every shout, every complaint about queues, every view, every breathtaking moment, every second of joy I've experienced this season will stay in my memory, hopefully for a long time. Bring on 2016!