Alton Towers 2015 Season Memories

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
JonDoesTT

As the 2015 season is almost over ( :( ), I was wondering what people's favourite memories from this season are, despite there being problems and whatever at the park.

Mine would have to be scarefest (specifically SMN), much like last year!

Credit to NemesisRider
Ryan.B

Probably scare fest, particularly last train on thirteen in the dark, and just walking through the turnstiles back into the park for the first time this season. Apart from the obviously bad points, scarefest and fireworks have made this year a good year, although I will miss air as it currently is :(
Rita Fan

Conquering my fear of Rita
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
Aidan Lowe

Wandering around on a quiet Wednesday on park and asked if I'd like to do a preview of Sub Species: The End Games. The excitement and adrenaline started as I waited to go in. Doing Operation Lockdown was an epic experience and culminated my season for 2015.

Other than that its been a pretty average season.

Considering your user name is Rita Fan that surprised me :D
Conquering my fear of Rita
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
MakoMania

Going on Sonic Spinball 16 times in a row at the Summer Sizzler :lol
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Liam.W

Rita Fan wrote:Conquering my fear of Rita
Your name is Rita fan, and you only went on Rita this season. Lol :lol
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Liam.W

Mine has to be the first visit of the season, seeing all the updates (Although some were bad) and scarefest as it was my first time riding the rides in the dark, and it was EPIC!

Rita Fan

No no, went on the classics. I think you know what I mean
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

TH14TEEN

The mazes at scarefest are the highlight, absolutely amazing. Also my first season as a MAP holder and upgrading to premium next year. Must have been 30 odd times since June!
Thorpegirl123

Mine has to be going in August and not having to queue for hours. Plus actually getting on the log flume and runaway mine train. In all the years I have been going I had never been on these 2 until this year :lol
JonDoesTT

Thorpegirl123 wrote:Mine has to be going in August and not having to queue for hours.
Yeah, the lack of queues for a few months was good, although it did mean Towrers were losing money :( Good to see it get busier towards the end of the season though.

Credit to NemesisRider
Jack

My best memories from the 2015 season have to be being able to spend a lot of my time at Alton Towers with TTSP, making new friends, and continuing to have a hilarious time with everyone I knew prior, I couldn't wish for a better way to have spent most of my trips this season and I look forward to doing it all again next year! :)
Adam.W

Thorpegirl123 wrote:Mine has to be going in August and not having to queue for hours.
I'll second that, managed to get all rides as a walk on, during the nice weather too. (Too bad there was thousands of wasps :-s)
DrKelman

My first ride on The Smiler before the incident happened and getting the old group back together for a visit to the park and beating them at duel again. :lol

A few ups and downs for this season but all i can say is bring on next year!
Liam.W

Adam.W wrote:
I'll second that, managed to get all rides as a walk on, during the nice weather too. (Too bad there was thousands of wasps :-s)
I ran across Katanga canyon because I was getting chased by wasps. Those wasps sure do love sandwiches.... Especially strawberry jam ones...

DrKelman

smileradvocate1 wrote:
Adam.W wrote:
I ran across Katanga canyon because I was getting chased by wasps. Those wasps sure do love sandwiches.... Especially strawberry jam ones...
I used my friend as a shield from the wasps. I'm not getting stung by one again! They sure do seem to love the runaway mine train (choochoo) though.
JonDoesTT

Adam.W wrote:
(Too bad there was thousands of wasps :-s)
It's awful when you're stationary on the brake run, and you get attacked by wasps. You can't move out of the way, you just have to sit there and try so hard not to hit the person next to you :no:

Credit to NemesisRider
Rita Fan

I was attacked by a wasp on RMT

Thorpegirl123

Ah yes the wasps! Sitting on oblivion for 10 minutes whilst they wait to see if anyone else comes to fill the train up and having 2 of the bloomin things buzzing round my face wasn't the most enjoyable part of the day :lol

Must say Thorpe Park didn't seem to have a huge problem with them this year, well not when I went anyway. Last year I spent 3 hours in saw's queue screaming at them. :(
Stan.H

Going with the wasp theme, and also Oblivion, when I was on Oblivion during the summer a wasp stung me on my right hand shoulder at the top of the lift hill, what a horrible way to ride oblivon or that time Pain - The Ride!! My girlfriend couln't stop laughing afterwards though after, it was quite funny, I wont go into detail, but bad language was used!!! :P