Alton Towers 2015 Season Memories

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Tom170499

This year was the first time I did the Scaremzes and I loved them! Also the short queues in August were good, as a rule, I never usually go in summer holidays (expecting it to be busy) so it was nice to experience Alton Towers in the summer weather as I usually go Scarefest or March/April so that was good :)
Smiffy107

The wasp issue at thorpe park is pretty good, however at AT its bloody awful, at TP they have these wasp trap things hanging all over the park to trap wasps. its really good, I think AT should invest in a few hundred of them and it would lower the horrible wasp problem within the park. the last time I went to AT, I was in the queue for Air and the entire queue area was just constant buzzing, mainly I think because the queue area at Air is near the outer edge of the park, meaning more wasps in bushes :(
The woman asked 'spare a farthing for a beggar', the earl cruelly dismissed her, and instructed his driver to head back to the towers, scorned the old woman screamed the curse 'FOR EVERY BRANCH OF THE OLD OAK THAT FALLS, A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY WILL DIE!'
Georgie

Mine would be my visit last Friday. Only the second day I've had on park but with no queues in the day and those incredible fireworks in the evening it was a fantastic day out.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
JonDoesTT

Smiffy107 wrote:at TP they have these wasp trap things hanging all over the park to trap wasps. its really good, I think AT should invest in a few hundred of them and it would lower the horrible wasp problem within the park.
Pretty sure they already have these. I know there's 4 or 5 wasp traps around the courtyard BBQ area, as it's outdoors and where there's a lot of food. I think I've seen them around other outdoor food outlets, like nitrogenie and the burger kitchens in FV and MB.

Credit to NemesisRider
razgriz33

Best Memory of the year was taking somebody who had never been to towers, withholding ride's secrets but teasing them a little :)

the secret on 13 and the smiler got the best reaction from her.

Oh and exploring the towers after a ride on hex was really cool! first time I've done that.
Georgie

razgriz33 wrote:Best Memory of the year was taking somebody who had never been to towers, withholding ride's secrets but teasing them a little :)

Oh and exploring the towers after a ride on hex was really cool! first time I've done that.
Bahahaha! when I took my mum on 13 last week without telling her about the drop she gave probably the best reaction ever... or at least it was until I took her on air..
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
JonDoesTT

Another of my favourite memories was taking my 5 year old brother on Duel :D He hated it at the time, but never shuts up about it and whenever we take him, he wants to go on..

Credit to NemesisRider
xylyx

GThing64 wrote:
razgriz33 wrote:Best Memory of the year was taking somebody who had never been to towers, withholding ride's secrets but teasing them a little :)

Bahahaha! when I took my mum on 13 last week without telling her about the drop she gave probably the best reaction ever... or at least it was until I took her on air..
Seeing people's reactions to that are one of my favourite things, I love the ride anyway so always happy to take an unwary newbie on and see if they can figure out what is about to happen. Needless to say they never do, most minds don't think "oh a bit of track will fall, with us on it" so it takes them by surprise. :D
Luviico

Well I visited AT for the first time in about 6 years in early September. The weather was great and the queues were pretty much non existent. My favourite memory of the day was going on thir13teen for the first time.. and then loving it so much I went on it 5 times in a row.
nickhutson

Taking an american friend to Towers - when the last time he'd been was when Oblivion opened.
Doing Nemesis and Thirteen in the dark for the first time.

Being shown the route inside the towers for SubSpecies and Molly in July and see it being built throughout August, September and October.

The whole of scarefest, really.

Walking through an empty park a few weeks ago when being there for a meeting for the Christmas stuff.
Morgan

Mine would have to be going down The Smiler's queue for the first time. It was amazing having all these trains rush about, and seeing the coaster from an entirely new view.
JonDoesTT

Going on Ripsaw for the first time was a very good experience I've only recently remembered, I never really wanted to go on it before, but it's really not as bad as it looks!

Credit to NemesisRider