Alton Towers Ultimate Firework Spectacular

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Whoguru5

I'm glad Alton towers put the finale up to their youtube channel I just wish they will put the whole show up with clean audio as they did with 2013's show. (not sure why 2014's display wasn't made into a video)

Thanks to lewis97 For the signature.
Aidan Lowe

Word over at TS was there was several people who sought permission to use drones at AT over fireworks weekend. Whether this is true or not I'm not sure but it does seem drones were seen/heard over the entire weekend.

So I for one am excited about the prospect of a video surfacing.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Everton-99

I really enjoyes this years display! I like having a proper theme/story to it and just wish they would use more of the rides theme tunes!

Question to anyone who went on sunday - did they manage to get the sonic visualizer fixed so the fireworks off that worked?
bluesonichd

sonic visualizer was even more broken on Sunday, spots not all working :/
quackers

Having been to the 2012,2013 and 2014 fireworks I felt really let down by the fireworks display this year. Very few of the larger fireworks compared to previous years, no special fireworks, no walls of fire. Feels like they tried to just cut costs by padding it out with lasers and using more medium size fireworks. There was nothing wow, last year we had the big TV style thing appear above the lake, year before had some unique fireworks with the launch of the smiler, such as smiley face fireworks.

Will try them again next year and if it's as dissapointing as this years I think I will just stick to Scarefest. Although scarefest annoyed me to which also carried onto the fireworks, no log flume, no sub terra, 3 vending machines just ate my money and gave me nothing, shops badly stocked and practically no chocolate bars available. Hopefully the magic will return in 2016.
Jammydodger

We actually overheard a bizarre conversation between some of the security and few other guests while we were there on Sunday, the security guard was explaining that apparently a few thousand pounds worth of fireworks had gone missing and possibly were stolen from the site.
I'm not sure how reliable he was but if it's true it might explain a bit about the blank spots....
dazza4783

Whoguru5 wrote:I'm glad Alton towers put the finale up to their youtube channel I just wish they will put the whole show up with clean audio as they did with 2013's show. (not sure why 2014's display wasn't made into a video)
2014's display was made into a video, just not by Towers themselves. The audio was clean like the 2013 one but has since been removed due to copyright.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also a short video from the "Action Cam" from inside the display.

Jubilee Fireworks uploaded the full videos of the 2012, 2013 and 2014 displays. So if they also did this year's display they will upload it in the next month or so.
Aidan Lowe

This is probably the best video I've seen showcasing all the event had to offer. Giving a visual of the actor playing Sir Alganon close up during the story periods while being at a decent distance away to include the sonic amplifier and fireworks combined.

Aidan Lowe

A nice finale video from a decent distance away, audio taken from the AT score video while blended with his own audio from his video.

Just thought I'd share this as well, I love the effect of the storm / lightning taken from 2001 show here.
Aidan Lowe

Jubilee Fireworks have uploaded a HD snippet of their fireworks display over at Vimeo. At about 26 seconds into this video about mid-height you can see several ducks flying across, poor sods were trying to get some sleep.

Adam.W

Recently, I found this on youtube:

It's the full 5 minute finale of the fireworks show from ImaScore, including the hex music, Nemesis music and of course In the hall of the Mountain King ;)
Enjoy.
dazza4783

Adam.W wrote:Recently, I found this on youtube:

It's the full 5 minute finale of the fireworks show from ImaScore, including the hex music, Nemesis music and of course In the hall of the Mountain King ;)
Enjoy.
That audio is ripped from this video Alton Towers uploaded.
Adam.W

dazza4783 wrote:
Adam.W wrote:Recently, I found this on youtube:

Enjoy.
That audio is ripped from this video Alton Towers uploaded.
Oops, didn't see that :P
Justin

Fireworks 2016

As the season draws to a close, Alton Towers will once again host the UK’s most sensational fireworks display that will send guests on an epic journey into another galaxy. The space themed spectacular runs on the 5th and 6th November and will celebrate the launch of Galactica, the world’s first rollercoaster fully dedicated to virtual reality transporting people to another dimension.

The show will take guests on an intergalactic adventure on the world’s first space ship designed for thousands of people. Alton Towers promises to explore new worlds on the maiden voyage of the ship with an interstellar display featuring an astonishing amount of fireworks, striking special effects and incredible lasers that will light up the universe’s sky.
With the famous Towers as the backdrop the fireworks spectacular is set to be the Resort’s biggest and best fireworks display ever. Presenting space themed music, the fireworks spectacular lasts for over 20 minutes and is guaranteed to take your breath away!

After last year's phenomenal display, who is looking forward to this years offerings?
I know I am, but at the same time, I also know that the season is drawing to a close and withdrawal will be hard! :lol
Justin

Construction continues for this year's firework display. A screen has been installed, along with a circular structure in front, which forms the centre piece to this year's space theme. Lightning has also been tested in preparation for the event.
ROYJESS

Image of stage and porthole/screen taken form Themepark worldwide

everton_99

The led wall looks quite big - its great to see different things being used each year but I cant help feeling the size of it may impact on the view if you are down towards the front? Im sure they have thought of this but it does look big!
Aidan Lowe

everton_99 wrote:I cant help feeling the size of it may impact on the view if you are down towards the front? Im sure they have thought of this but it does look big!
It'll surely impact the view of the "ground" fireworks (those that don't have a lot of height to them) at least to some extent I would imagine.

In the past you had the water screen which was on the lake, you had to wheel last year but both you could see past, there is a lot of rigging and the screen this year. Getting at the front this year I'm guessing won't be too great.
Adam.W

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I reckon the circle thing in the above picture will probably be a portal well obviously

I also think that they may do an official announcement on the different destinations that could be coming perhaps next year. At this point though, we can only speculate :P
Dom

Until next year, Scarefest. It's been a scream!
Remember, our season finale fireworks spectacular is on 5th or 6th November where you can join us for an out of this world show.
From Alton Towers Facebook. So its looking likely that this year will have a space theme