Alton Towers Ultimate Firework Spectacular

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Stan.H

Speedy_no1 wrote:Can someone please film this years fireworks can't make it and would luv to see them
Hey, I've just got back from them, and filmed pretty much all of it, but currently uploading it onto YouTube
CJH

My views:
Great opening to the show, kind of reminded me of "the ground will shake" segment of a previous year. The sound in parts was truly awful couldn't tell what songs were playing stood at bottom of towers street.
I liked the dance section but felt there was quite a few dead spots. Pitch blackness, only music (going into the Rock section) the performers were hard to see for anyone not close enough which made the dead spots feel worse. Not as many fireworks this year compared to previous, the finale and hex music sounded great just not loud enough. Not much of a story, but can't remember hearing "resort" once. Good display just seen better in previous years. The enterprise set up is ok, but just that. Expected something special and probably more excitement than it deserved slightly. Hoping sections get work on and Sunday will be better.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
timmy1372

Does anybody know if you can access the park via the woodland walk during fireworks weekend?
CJH

I have heard this morning that the "dead" spots in the show was due to a system going down. Which also resulted in distorted music. We will see wether that was the case tonight/tomorrow. Hope this was the case as I just wasn't that impressed with it all compared on previous years.
Awright92

Hey guys, videoed the whole thing from start to finished so currently uploading it no to YouTube and it says around 45 mins to upload so bare with
Stan.H

Hey everyone, just to let you all know my videos are all up now. Does anyone have a tracklist for this years display, as i'm already addicted to it, but have to have the fireworks in the background!!
Awright92

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Fireworks video from start to finish :-)
Aidan Lowe

Thanks Awright92 :)

Going back to what DSA was saying it does seem 2014 did have an official video missing however this year's display is being recorded as seen from the response in this tweet.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Themeparksandy1981

What's the crowds been like compared to past Firework events?
Jack

The surge of people getting to the rides last night was mad, I would say it was about on par with last year :)
Adam.W

Jack wrote:The surge of people getting to the rides last night was mad, I would say it was about on par with last year :)
That's good to see, at least a lot of people have gotten over the smiler incident and actually decided to come back
SkuM001

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:What's the crowds been like compared to past Firework events?
Compared to previous years I would have said it was pretty quiet. In previous years, capacity closures could be threatened, but it never really got close to that kind of level.

Most days during Scarefest half term week were far busier both during the daytime and later in the evening. Of course there is always a perception that fireworks will "feel" busy due to everyone congregating in a small area at the same time.

Queue times at the rides didn't get too exceptionally long during Fireworks, except for perhaps very temporarily in the rush after fireworks ended, and for some of the rides that operated during the time most others were closed (notably mine train in close proximity to the fireworks).
Alex

There has been a higher quality video of the fireworks been uploaded to youtube

Credit to Craig Chapman for the video
ROYJESS

I'm back from the fireworks event. I was there all three days and nights and watched the display from exactly the same space every night.

Guess numbers, the park was very quiet during the day on Friday and Sunday with most rides being walk on for most of the day.

Saturday was busy throughout the day.

The evenings is where the park really picked up in numbers.

As for the display, as much as I enjoyed the show, it wasn't my favorite year for the display. As much as I love the podium dancers with the light up costumes and instruments, I personally would have love to see this more as part of the pre-show. I wasn't easy watching these as the same time as the fireworks in the sky.

I absolutely love the Hex/ITMOTK final. Got to be my favorite part of the display.

At the end of the day, it is nice to see that Alton trying to do something different.

It was also nice to have bumped into and have a friendly chat with a few of the Forum moderators over the weekend.
Whoguru5

Saw fireworks on the 7th I was very happy with them last fireworks at Alton I saw where the 2013 ones and they where fantastic, I wouldn't say one is better than the other as they are quite different types of shows. One thing I enjoyed was the fact that even though it was mostly music they where able to make it work by grouping the genres up which I thought made the segments really good and the finale was just awesome :clap: just hearing the hex music sent chills up my spine and the laser effects looked cool from where I was. A small few issues as I was behind sir algernon it was hard to look behind me to see him when he was on stage and that the dance segment felt lacklustre in the music but overall I was very happy with them.

Thanks to lewis97 For the signature.
timmy1372

My 1st time at the fireworks! The lasers were immense, thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience, rides were nearly walk on for the most part! I definitely got the feeling it has been busier in previous years, the alton towers hotel could still be booked Saturday for Saturday night, last year it was fully booked up well in advance for the whole weekend! Love the hex music for the fireworks, somebody told me the voice in hex is the chap from downtown abbey, Carson! Is that true? You know the "a vault sealed for 2 centuries"
ROYJESS

timmy1372 wrote: somebody told me the voice in hex is the chap from downtown abbey, Carson! Is that true? You know the "a vault sealed for 2 centuries"
Yes, the Voice of hex is Jim Carter who plays Carson in Downton Abbey
timmy1372

Are the fireworks always as good as this year? They were excellent! Roll on next year if there always that good. The alton towers and hex music are my favourites
ROYJESS

timmy1372 wrote:Are the fireworks always as good as this year? They were excellent! Roll on next year if there always that good. The alton towers and hex music are my favourites
Yes they have always been fantastic year in, year out :lol
dazza4783

Alex wrote:There has been a higher quality video of the fireworks been uploaded to youtube

Credit to Craig Chapman for the video
Here is an official vid from Alton Towers youtube, also showing the Budapest Film Orchestra recording the music for it.