Early Ride Time 2016

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Ladyofthelake

Andy Mc wrote:I actually like that. By the time I get through the turnstiles and into FV its already a chunk of the hour gone already. Not too far to X-Sector, plus then can pop on Smiler from riding Oblivion over and over.

Am I to understand its only Spinball from 9:30am or all three?
You are correct - Oblivion and Enterprise will oopen at 9, then Spinball at 9:30. TowersTimes News outlines everything for anyone that wants to double check how it'll work :)

One thing that is quite interesting is how Towers refer to Sonic Spinball as simply 'Spinball'. Could this potentially suggest the end of the Sonic branding?
Luce

I quite like that line up especially as Oblivion is on it which is one of my favourite AT coasters. It is a shame that Nemesis isn't on the list but I'll be happy with having more rides on Oblivion :)
Jammydodger

Seems like they could quite easily slip the smiler in there unannounced mid season too...
Stan.H

Overall, Im pretty happy with this seasons ERT, as I do like to ride Sonic Spinball, or now "Spinball" especially with a small wait time, as I just can't be bothered to wait 125 mins to ride this. Oblivion for me is a bit 'nah', due to me not enjoying that one (and blacking out :lol ). And a few rides on Enterprise in the morning would hurt!! I do agree with whoever posted that The Smiler would quite possibly make the cut later on in the season.
Liam.W

I'm looking forward to this years ERT, as I am now a MAP holder so it will be my first time doing ERT! I'm glad oblivion is in there because I love riding oblivion over and over again so that will be great. I also love riding spinball repeatedly too (although I feel dizzy on my 4th go in a row!) :D
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

daveclarkedaveclarke

For me the ERT line up for this year is pour, cant beat Nemesis to wake you up in a morning! Used to love getting multiple times round during ERT.
MakoMania

I am sad to see Nemesis leave ERT but am happy to see Oblivion on the line up. Spinball is a bonus as well since it usually gets large queues come 10:30-11:00am.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
MakoMania

Twitter team now saying that Oblivion & Enterprise won't open until 9:30.
ROYJESS

As listed on their website

https://www.altontowers.com/theme-park/ ... ride-time/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It appears unless you want to venture into CBeebies land, Oblivion, Enterprise and Spinball will be available from 9.30

Can the ride opening times get any worse :(
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It's only Spinball Whizzer that isn't available until 9.30am. The rest are all available from 9am.
Dan

lewis97 wrote:It's only Spinball Whizzer that isn't available until 9.30am. The rest are all available from 9am.
This tweet from the park suggests otherwise.

The way ERT is worded on the website also hints to CBeebies being available from 9am with Oblivion, Enterprise and Spinball from 9:30.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Dan.N wrote:
lewis97 wrote:It's only Spinball Whizzer that isn't available until 9.30am. The rest are all available from 9am.

The way ERT is worded on the website also hints to CBeebies being available from 9am with Oblivion, Enterprise and Spinball from 9:30.
Hmm, that's strange as they've previously been sure to clarify it was as I said above...
Dan

lewis97 wrote:
Dan.N wrote:

Hmm, that's strange as they've previously been sure to clarify it was as I said above...
When the ERT lineup for this season was revealed it was meant to be Oblivion & Enterprise at 9am but they appear to have changed their minds about it today.
ROYJESS

The website give the impression that Oblivion and Enterprise will be open at 9 and Spinball at 9.30

According to twitter and FB, all three rides will be open from 9.30

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very misleading
Dan

ROYJESS wrote:The website give the impression that Oblivion and Enterprise will be open at 9 and Spinball at 9.30

According to twitter and FB, all three rides will be open from 9.30

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very misleading
This is how it is worded on the website:
Early Ride Time will include the following rides:

Oblivion, Enterprise and Spinball (from 9:30am)
Nowhere does it state that Oblivion and Enterprise will be open at 9am. To me it's clear that all three will be open from 9:30am.

Like Lewis says, this is a reversal on the original advertised schedule and I'm disappointed by it. There's nothing for thrillseekers in the first 30 minutes of ERT and it dilutes one of the perks of being a MAP holder by significantly reducing what is on offer.
Speedy_no1

Does Thorpe park have an early ride time????
ROYJESS

I'm very disappointed that toddlers are being put before us thrill seekers. I can imaging angry guess who have no idea turning up on the day expecting an hour ERT on a rollercoaster and you won't see me on the Octonauts.

Thorpe park don't have ERT, but when I brought tickets/passes, the ERT at Alton was one of the advertised perks.
MakoMania

I'm sure we had this discussion back in Jan, and they said only spinball was from 9:30 ? The wording on the website hasn't changed since then.
Dan

Alton Towers have confirmed to me in a tweet this afternoon that Early Ride Time will include CBeebies Land from 9am with Oblivion, Enterprise and Spinball Whizzer opening at 9:30am.
Alton Towers Resort said:

@dan_nicks We can confirm that Cbeebies is the only area that opens at 9am with the rest of the early ride time rides open at 9;30am
That seems to put the issue to bed?
MakoMania

This is an abysmal lineup now, I guess I'll have to ride Octonauts for half an hour :lol