Flamingo Land

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

I was talking to Gordon Gibb, the park owner, last week and they are planning a wooden rollercoaster to be built within the next few seasons, however he did make clear this is pending on the sale of the magnum force and bullet.
Lightwater valley rules

i hope they do flamingo land is one of min fav parks an inverted coaster will go there nicely
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october
Northern_Rider

rcdb

I recieved an email from FL today informing me that the Magnum will be replaced by a new ride. And now this appears!

Would be a very good addition
Martin1

wow thats amazin!!!! cant wait to ride that!! is it coming next year?
Northern_Rider

yes 2005.

Someone on rideas mentioned that he recieived an email from the ECC saying that they had been contacted by FL saying that they are constructing a large custom vekoma motorbike ride.

With magnum leaving, it seems its odds on that we know where this coaster will be located.

Definately a park to visit next year with the new disko ride aswell.
Martin1

wow huge investment a custom made bike ride and disco ace im definately visitin next year a fare amount of times !! dont exspect it to be ready for the begginning of the season tho
Phil

[quote=""martinrules62""]dont exspect it to be ready for the begginning of the season tho[/quote]

I would...
Martin1

lost river wasnt ready i mean the booster bike maybe im not sure but i aint exspecting it to cas there was huge delays on the lost river ride.
Lightwater valley rules

i wonder what this ride will be themed like? Because they will have to fit it in with lost city so it shud look relly good. Im lokking forward to riding it
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october
Ron_Mc_Don

You have to remember that they will have to get rid of magnum before they do any building so i wouldn't be expecting it to be finished for opening day. If they do get it built then i might be getting me a season pass for next year. As it will be 30 mins away. :P
spinwhizzer

Does anyone have any pics of that kinda coaster??
Philman

What a fad.
Northern_Rider

Corkscrew
The Bullet
Vekoma Motorbike
Wild Mouse
Disko
Cliffhanger
Lost River
Terroriser
Sky Flyer
Rockin Tug
Tidal Wave

+ plenty of other smallers rides and a zoo

Its a very good day out. Hopefully they will clean up the park a little more and add more themeing to match the lost kingdom.
In2Oblivion

Magnum Force can easily be taken down and stored, don't forget that this coaster used to travel the german fairs, so it will be no problem to remove it, even unsold. I am just wondering where it will go, I can't honestly see it fitting in the space of Magnum Force, MF is a very compact coaster whereas the boosterbikes seem more open planned. I have read that it will go where coach park is (next to corky) in a 'Ruins theme'. So maybe they are starting their next themed area. I am definately getting a season ticket now for 2005.
Northern_Rider

where did you read that 'ruins theme', sounds good that idea.

I have had thoughts aswell and i too doubt the ride would be placed on the magnum site as its too compact. I was thinking where the sky flyer/top gun rides are located. Thats a good long stretch of land.

Recieved another email from FL:
Thank you for your e-mail,yes we are having a motorbike ride but we are also
getting some other new rides and I'm not sure which ride is replacing the
magnum ride, I'm sorry I can't help you any more at the moment.
By the sounds of that, it seems FL are getting another couple of rides and not just the confirmed disko ride.
In2Oblivion

Justin Garanovich (ECC Chairman) sent out emails telling of the new coaster and where it will go, all should be revealed in the next issue of 'First Drop'.
Regarding the space where Skyflyer and Top Gun is, I think that is being left for the 2006 woodie and I believe the space left by Magnum Force could be the load/unload station and queue area for the safari ride.
Northern_Rider

nice one.

Is it possible you could forward me the ECC email? I understand if you cant/wont.

Im getting very excited about this park! Luckily its only 45 mins away
Martin1

its about 2 hours on the bus 1 hour by car but bhey im still going :d im so excited i wanna go whenn all these changes happen !!
In2Oblivion

[quote=""Northern_Rider""]nice one.

Is it possible you could forward me the ECC email? I understand if you cant/wont.

Im getting very excited about this park! Luckily its only 45 mins away[/quote]

Ican if i know youre email address, pm it to me and i will send them.
If ever you 2 guys go on the same days as me, i will give you lift there and back.
Martin1

cheers mate will you pay for me aswell :P