Flamingo Land

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Martin1

i like them both alton with the world first rides but with bpb with an ok price if ya do a show.......and wih alot to doo. my paretns prefer pleasure beach because they dont have to pay anything to get in but alton they did like but it is too exspensive we only ever go if we go if we have vouchers or special rates etc but sayin that we only ever go to any theme parkwith discounts. But i like them the same
Phil

The rollercoaster, Nash, Big dipper and wild mouse, aswell as steeplechase and Irn Bru all beat most of Alton Towers' modern rides in terms of thrills and fun.

You cannot compare the parks, as Ron said, they are both completely different.

Let's just say this..

If someone gave me a free ticket to BPB, and a free ticket to AT, and i was only allowed to use one, i would go to BPB.
Martin1

[quote=""Phil""]
If someone gave me a free ticket to BPB, and a free ticket to AT, and i was only allowed to use one, i would go to BPB.[/quote]

id go to both :D lol but i agree none of them can be compared there diferent in there own ways
Cjw

Note he said he could only use one.....thus making your point m00t.

BPB isnt a theme park.Its a amusment park.Its more about the rides there than it is theming.
Adam

hense why AT is called a Themepark. BPB is still a good day out if you buy the wrist band, but using tokens or what ever is a bad idea becuase it make it cost soo much more.... :D :D :D
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Northern_Rider

BPB wristband is what? £26 if i remember?

So its £2 cheaper than the admission price of AT next season. More rides to go on, everything is within a short walk, good mix of coasters and flat rides + you can have night rides which is good.
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

actuly £30 and set to rise next seaason, and the rides are shite and not very intense. i thin k s/port is much better value, cheaper and it has much more intense rides 8) 8) 8)

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

It's really good, about that same as the Towers...
:arrow: 20% [ 3 ]
Alright, but nothing compared to Alton Towers...
:arrow: 40% [ 6 ]
It was better than spending the day at home...
:arrow: 40% [ 6 ]

Sorry jsut had no more decent arguments. I'm not very good at arguing :?
Lightwater valley rules

[quote="dstone_uk"]actuly £30 and set to rise next seaason, and the rides are **** and not very intense.

The flat rides are miles more intense than altons flat rides like bling ive never been on a ride like it. Its twice gd as any of there flat rides.
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october

Soooo flat rides aren't as good as rollercoasters......

Don't bother saying 'but thats your opinion. And if you do I'll put up a poll about it because any sane person likes rollercoasters more than Flats, they don't have THAT much flats anyway, and you just be some sorta pussy or something becuase that ride is as tame a s**t, just like samurai.

*deep breath in, deep breath out*

:o OK seasons greatings everyone, Happy Nearly Christmas :o
Lightwater valley rules

yeh i supose your right the rides arnt as intense as altons. But they still have good rides.
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october
Phil

[quote=""Mad 4 Alton""]Soooo flat rides aren't as good as rollercoasters......

Don't bother saying 'but thats your opinion. And if you do I'll put up a poll about it because any sane person likes rollercoasters more than Flats, they don't have THAT much flats anyway, and you just be some sorta pussy or something becuase that ride is as tame a s**t, just like samurai.

*deep breath in, deep breath out*

:o OK seasons greatings everyone, Happy Nearly Christmas :o[/quote]

Bling is amazing when on the RIGHT settings. Try going on a school day, then you'll see what i mean :wink: My ride lasted about 5 minutes and i could barely walk off the ride when it finished.

Spin doctor will also offer an amazing ride on a quiet day. You would get around 8 loops if your lucky on a peak day, but on a quiet day, more like 15!

Ice blast is a neat little flat ride.

It's all well and good you visiting BPB on a busy, peak day, getting on very few rides and the rides you do get on are very short. If that happened at AT you wouldn't complain. Because you've probably been to AT on a quiet day and seen the rides in their true colours.

My point of this post is to say: Don't judge BPB by just one visit. Yes the 36 quid is a bit steep, but on a quiet day, you'll be laughing.
Anonymous

better than spending the day @ home but a rediclus ripoff crap park
Dont forget the prices at alton towers next year, cannot come up with the same excuse anymore. Btw bpb isnt a crap park and i am sure alot of people would agree with me on that point. I actually like it more than i like alton towers, its got a better family atomsphere and i like that about the place.
actuly £30 and set to rise next seaason, and the rides are **** and not very intense. i thin k s/port is much better value, cheaper and it has much more intense rides
You have told me in the past southport will be getting new coaster, soon as this new coaster is built the prices will go up there. Bpb kept the same prices for 6 years intil this season so i'll doubt they'll change it again so soon.
If someone gave me a free ticket to BPB, and a free ticket to AT, and i was only allowed to use one, i would go to BPB.
I would also do the same
3. Blackpool Pleasure Beach stays open much longer than Alton Towers.
This makes night riding on the pmbo a great experience, if you have never been on it at night you gotta try it, its alot better than it is at day.

The flat rides are miles more intense than altons flat rides like bling ive never been on a ride like it. Its twice gd as any of there flat rides.
What about spin doctor? That looks well intense lol. Ice Blast is also quite intense as you dont know when your going to blast off and its scary waiting at the bottom for the moment.
dstone_uk

salmri is much better than bling, ice blase is a rip off in tokens, and is also has a crap intensity, a fuw ses of weightlessness, spin dr is just rubbish and it is just becuse b/pool is a popler holiday desternasion it is popler i would compare it to parks like AA but much more pricy and well, i'm sure you get the jist of wher e i was heeadng
southport is much better, cheap, clean , frendly staff allseason round(never got a re-ride at blackpool) and has trauma, in my opion, the best inverted in the UK. befor we get into this argument again the phyogicl bit of nemmi is much better but if you strip the ride down to bead stats trauma is better 8)

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Phil

[quote=""dstone_uk""]salmri is much better than bling, ice blase is a rip off in tokens, and is also has a crap intensity, a fuw ses of weightlessness, spin dr is just rubbish and it is just becuse b/pool is a popler holiday desternasion it is popler i would compare it to parks like AA but much more pricy and well, i'm sure you get the jist of wher e i was heeadng
southport is much better, cheap, clean , frendly staff allseason round(never got a re-ride at blackpool) and has trauma, in my opion, the best inverted in the UK. befor we get into this argument again the phyogicl bit of nemmi is much better but if you strip the ride down to bead stats trauma is better 8)
[/quote]

As i said earlier. You went to SPL on a quiet day with about 20 visitors did you say? Off course your going to get re-rides.

When i pick day next year for BPB you should come along and see what you get on. I'll tell you now that you'll be amazed at the value for money! :wink:
Williscroft

I love BPB to bits and i am so excited when me uncel says ( lee ill take you to black pool in october when the lights are on) a massive smile comes on my face as i know what an amazing day im going to have. Bling is my favorite ride there and i cant wait to get on it again next year. You cant realy compair them as there totaly difforent. Alton Towers to me is a magical exciting place with lots of fun to be had and black pool seems to be your more english fairground type feeling place I love them both to bits but Alton Towers just gets it for me but Blackpool is my second favorite park. :D :D :D
Martin1

id say flamingo land is me first alton 1st and pleasure beach second because like phil says great value for money on a extremlyl busy day i got on everythin i wanted to about 5 times and only queued about 20 mins the most i queued all day :D :D :D :D :D was bloody amazin pepsi max in the dark wahaay!!! bling if i went on that the setting looked absoloutly incredible but i didnt wanna be sick lol
phil2k4

i think blackpool is amazing. the town is a bit tacky and tickets are a rip off but if you get a wristband and plan your day you easily get your moneys worth. they have some of the best coasters in the u.k including very historic rides such as big dipper and grand national. They are an ambitious park with lots of quality rides and attractions considering the small size of the park.
southport is much better, cheap, clean , frendly staff allseason round(never got a re-ride at blackpool) and has trauma, in my opion, the best inverted in the UK.
as for spl, it is like comparing camelot to alton towers. it is a nice park but it is no match to blackpool as it is smaller with less attractions and less funding. trauma is the best ride there and that is just the basic vekoma slc design that is found all over the place. nemesis beats it hands down. its a good ride but id rather be on the pmbo.
dstone_uk

but i have bean to b/pool on a quiet day and i find it imposible to get thrills out of the coasters. I know in your example AT=SPL and Camolot=BPB, bouring and no proper thrill rides, I agree with the term bouring pricy bog :oops: :oops: :oops:

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Anonymous

Btw if you check out the bpb site you'll find out the 2005 prices, better deals than AT anyway.
I love BPB to bits and i am so excited when me uncel says ( lee ill take you to black pool in october when the lights are on) a massive smile comes on my face as i know what an amazing day im going to have.
When i am told my a parent were having a day out to bpb i get a big cheasy grin because i get dead excited about goin there. I think its a well good park, i prefer it more than AT anyway.
but i have bean to b/pool on a quiet day and i find it imposible to get thrills out of the coasters. I know in your example AT=SPL and Camolot=BPB, bouring and no proper thrill rides, I agree with the term bouring pricy bog

There both good parks, so there is no point calling them crap and boring because if people thought that they wouldnt get loads of visitors a year.