Flamingo Land

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

when i'm told i am going to BPB all i think is "oh well i should be able to see trauma" and "i must take money to spend on the arcads i will be bored at BPB within the hour" :oops:

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Anonymous

Than thats your problem. Honestly you make me laugh. You criticize Blackpool for not having any thrill rides than you call Alton better when it only has 2 really intense attractions, and the rest are mildly intense. And how you run out of attractions at BPB I would never know, the sheer amount purely eclipses Alton's amount. If you don't like the park as a whole then simply don't go. If it was for one attraction that youdon't like don't ride it, so don't waste your time.
dstone_uk

sigh. i do my best not to go t oBPB but it's sometimes unoviodble. that waas a little ezadrasion but Bicko101, and i have reached a agrement we won't clutter forums with our views on the park, i still stand by what i said that it is a bouring and crap park, and has no feling. One of the things i like about AT is that everywhere you go there is a story to follw, or at least great theming tot listen to/look at. I think BPB is a genraly crap park, and i will ride the rides but i just find they get Very bouring after the hour. Thank you, sorry if i offend anyone with my views on the park
'
david :D :D :D

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Anonymous

when i'm told i am going to BPB all i think is "oh well i should be able to see trauma" and "i must take money to spend on the arcads i will be bored at BPB within the hour"
I am sorry but if you like theme/amusement parks that must i'd be suprised if your getting bored so quickly. How come you say it has no feeling? Its a got a well good family atomsphere, i used to love the family feel when i used to go as a little kid, my 8 year old brother is the same. I would like to stop arguing but you do bring up points i feel i have to make my point known to in a response. :wink:
phil2k4

d stone, why is blackpool boring? its got so many rides and a wide variety, and a great atmosphere. it is brilliant as it has a great combination of historic and innovative rides and if you are a coaster enthusiast i dont see how you cant be impressed by at least some of the rides. i know you are entitled to your opinion but why are you so against bpb?
dstone_uk

i don't like BPB for the following reasons
1) I FEEL there are no intense rides, the PMBO just doen't work and some areas of the park are just a joke
2)i often visit theme parks by myself, hense i get onto ride alot of the time with gropups and i am sick of getting stuck with hen/stag parties whenever i go
3) you can not move when it is busy, ok the ques aint allways that bad but you can not move freely around the park
4)I will admit i like the grand NAT but apart from that the only reason alot of the rides are old is because they are so tight they carn't be botherd to pay for new ones, and just try and get sponship on old oned and they only put up a cardbord cut out or the such, no proper ride retheme
5)pertensully intense rides are run on crap setting such as bling

icould go on but i am propbly just makeing myself unpopuler, so i will shut up, if you wabt to talk about this matter or me to esplain further just ask

dstone_uk

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Phil

[quote=""dstone_uk""]sigh. i do my best not to go t oBPB but it's sometimes unoviodble. that waas a little ezadrasion but Bicko101, and i have reached a agrement we won't clutter forums with our views on the park, i still stand by what i said that it is a bouring and crap park, and has no feling. One of the things i like about AT is that everywhere you go there is a story to follw, or at least great theming tot listen to/look at. I think BPB is a genraly crap park, and i will ride the rides but i just find they get Very bouring after the hour. Thank you, sorry if i offend anyone with my views on the park
'
david :D :D :D
[/quote]

It's an amusement park. So no theming, no areas, and lots of tatty looking rides. What an amusement park is all about! But it's not to say the rides are boring. Look at valhalla, one of the best water rides on this planet. PMBO, put BPB on the map. Nash, big dipper, wild mouse and rollercoaster all histroical landmarks for their contriubtion to the rollercoaster industry. You should ride the rides with pride and pleasure. Be grateful that these historical rides are still with us and hopefully will be for a while longer. Geoffery thompson sacrificed all the modern rides for these historical rides, and to me, he definately made the right decision.
Anonymous

i don't like BPB for the following reasons
1) I FEEL there are no intense rides, the PMBO just doen't work and some areas of the park are just a joke
2)i often visit theme parks by myself, hense i get onto ride alot of the time with gropups and i am sick of getting stuck with hen/stag parties whenever i go
3) you can not move when it is busy, ok the ques aint allways that bad but you can not move freely around the park
4)I will admit i like the grand NAT but apart from that the only reason alot of the rides are old is because they are so tight they carn't be botherd to pay for new ones, and just try and get sponship on old oned and they only put up a cardbord cut out or the such, no proper ride retheme
5)pertensully intense rides are run on crap setting such as bling

icould go on but i am propbly just makeing myself unpopuler, so i will shut up, if you wabt to talk about this matter or me to esplain further just ask
Well i am glad you have an opinion when others hate the place for no reason. Didnt you say to me you like the ice blast as well? I remeber you saying you liked it on my forum a while back. Just because YOU dont think the rides are not intense doesnt mean everyone else feels like that. Dont forget some people still crap themselves on the pmbo although they have been on it before, example me! I think its intense going down that drop at such speed, its intense going round that massive helix at such height but it is such a great ride. I cant see how you dont like it. BPB always try to keep there queues moving especially with the pmbo although they have to keep one train on the track at a time otherwise there could be accident but if there are two trains running the queues normally go down pretty quick. Remeber its boring standing alone in a queue for a while thats maybe why you feel the queues are massive. I went on the pmbo alone and i thought my parents would be worried because i thought i had taking ages when i had only took 10 minutes in the queue, it does move alot faster than you would expect.
PMBO, put BPB on the map.
You could say it helped alot of english parks onto the map because it was a massive devolopment for an english park and oversea's people would take note straight away.
dstone_uk

you know i respect others opions, and yes i quite like ice blase but it is a exzamply of new sponsership for a old ride. I am neanl allways by myself at parks and the ques move slower when i am with people because the don't ushally want to go on the ride, so they are there being dead scared, oh well. I don't like the park just like some don't like AT, we are all differt. 8)

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

ShadowTD

I haven't been to BPB or SPB for years, but I have to say that in general, I prefer *theme* parks to *amusement* parks. That's what makes the difference to me - Katanga Canyon being one of my favourite areas because the *theme* hangs together so well. I have a soft spot for TraumaTizer as I went on it before Nemesis, but I'd rather be at AT any day. Roll on my first trip to Thorpe next year!
bigblade40

The reasons why i think the pleasure beach is better than the towers is: -

1. The park is a fraction of the size than Alton Towers, so you can keep on going back from one end to the other of the park without feeling like your doing a mountain hike.

2. Yes Blackpool Pleasure Beach does cost more than Alton Towers, but the pleasure beach has got loads more rides and you get to see the shows. We saw mystique in the half term and thought it was great. It was more of a proper show (2 hours +) compared to Alton's 30 minute.

3. Blackpool Pleasure Beach stays open much longer than Alton Towers.

4. Your not just confined to the pleasure beach, if you wanted to you could go up in the town of Blackpool. If you wanted to do that at Alton Towers, Uttoxeter would be the closest town.

5. There are more coasters at the pleasure beach and i love them all. The Big One is a good ride, although hardly any airtime. The Wild Mouse just looks so innocent. The Revolution, Grand National Big Dipper etc, are fun and unique.

6. The pleasure beach has that unique british tacky charm which i love, it makes it seem more british in my opinion than alton towers.
Totally Agree

IMO blackpool pleasure beach is better than alton towers, its got loads of good new and classic rides and its got TEN rollercoasters and thats NOT including the kiddie ones.

What other UK park can boast that?
bigblade40
Xx Rita xX
Location: In front of my computer, though I wish I was on AIR !

None but's it's not just about the ride. I know it's ahsn't got theming but Alton has got an amazing atmosphere, I even enjoy being there in a 1hour+ queue.

And the rides that ARE there are soo not intense, I could of gone to sleep on The big one, and that was the best rollercoaster there so... you get the point :?:

I prefer my local annual fair to BPB :!: :lol:
Anonymous

Shows what you know then, Big one is probably the biggest advertised but the woodies are far superior.

Dislaimer:- This is what I have heard, I have never been to Blackpool or ridden there Woodies.
phil2k4

the woodies at bpb are great and the wild mouse is about as intense as rides come. it is scary and im sure its not safe. the speed that it takes sharp corners at is ridiculous but it is still a great ride. in my opinion, the range and quality of rides at blackpool is better. i prefer b'pools coasters to altons, they have a better range of flats and it has a great family atmosphere. AT is still a brilliant theme park but personally i prefer blackpool.
Gax

FL could afford a SLC coaster but they dont look good
Looks like they're doing it anyway!
http://www.rcdb.com/id2985.htm
Ron_Mc_Don

[quote=""Wez on ATA""]2005: Vekoma Booster Bike, near clone of the Toverland version, but slightly larger in footprint. It will be positioned next to the current Vekoma Corkscrew, which will look great![/quote]

Thanks to Wez for relaying that information from First Drop.
Anonymous

WOW Weekends 2005

Discounted unlimited riding wristbands.
PLEASE NOTE THE WRISTBANDS ARE FOR RIDES ONLY DURING WOW WEEKENDS!

Available Saturdays and Sundays from 19th February until 20th March, plus 21st to 24th March 2005.

Promotional Price: £10.00

LOW SEASON PRICES 2005

Discounted show & ride wristbands.

Available Monday to Friday from 4th April until 27th May 2005.

Promotional Price: £12.50

MID SEASON PRICES 2005

Discounted show & ride wristbands.

Available Monday to Friday from 6th to 24th June 2005.

Promotional Price: £20.00
In the quote above is the bpb speical offers for 2005, dont seem boring to me :P
Martin1

yeh i saw that on there website may take a trip there not dam bad that 10 quid or evan 20
Xx Rita xX
Location: In front of my computer, though I wish I was on AIR !

That park should be called chav centrel. Eww it's sooo trampy :x
Anonymous

That park should be called chav centrel. Eww it's sooo trampy
I never see any chavs around there when i go. The proms of bpool are trampy but they try to keep the inside of the park clean and do a good job.