Gardaland

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
MagicAngel94

The VR isnt operating yet.
The roller coaster with the new theming is open but not the VR experience. There is some problems, i hope they will solve everything soon.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

MagicAngel94 wrote:The VR isnt operating yet.
The roller coaster with the new theming is open but not the VR experience. There is some problems, i hope they will solve everything soon.
So the VR hasn't operated at all since it's opened? Wonder if the lack of VR is due to the same reason as on Galactica...
MagicAngel94

Yes, the VR hasn't operated at all since it's opened
MagicAngel94

There are a lot of Shreck's Adventure merch here in gardaland. I don't know why
Robert.W

Gardaland's website has revealed that the park is to get a Peppa Pig themed land for 2018. The only other information it says is that there will be three new rides for the season, which the picture on the site shows as a rotating boat ride, some sort of train ride and a rotating balloon ride.

Link to web page: https://www.gardaland.it/peppapigland/en/

Justin

It looks like they are heading down the CBeebies route with this IP. I certainly feel the CBeebies IP is better for the UK though, as it allows more characters/brands to be introduced.
NemesisRider

I think this is a great idea for Gardaland. When I was there in October the Kung Fu Panda rides and area were constantly rammed - the Kung Fu Panda coaster regularly got 90 minute queues. They absolutely need more family rides to take the high demand. I know it's another IP, but I can totally understand Merlin's reasoning on this one.
ThemeCrafter264

The reason with Kung Fu Panda Master long queue is its' low capacity and also there are very few attractions in the area but credit where credit is due. The area before felt dead and particularly when top spin was removed, it felt even worse. I've got no issues with Peppa Pig coming to an area which was more just there, and I can personally either see the dolphin stadium being removed for a major new coaster or getting a non animal show, which was rumored before. I don't think this has been mentioned yet but it's likely that Ramses will be replaced by a new launched family coaster for the 2019 season.
8byfire

Has anybody else noticed this with the Wicker Man TM registration:

Filing language: English; Second language: Italian

Hmm, could a certain SW also be heading to Gardaland? They've already got an Oblivion The Black Hole and a Sea Life so the parks do often share staples attraction-wise.

Welcoming the wicker man, awaken
Beornen, burning, be chosen
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Pretty much all of Merlin's recent trademark applications have Italian listed as their "second language", so I wouldn't read too much into that.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Among Gardaland's 2018 additions is a modernisation of their dark ride i Corsari to i Corsari: La Vendetta Del Fantasma. This Blooloop article states that the main new feature will be 3D projection mapping which will utilise LED projectors and over 100 brand new speakers, with a new cinematic soundtrack.

MakoMania

How have they managed to get the money out of Merlin!?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
streetmagix

By bringing in lots of money for Merlin :) Gardaland gets around twice the visitors of Thorpe Park whilst being smaller and on cheaper land. 

i Corsari really needed some work doing to it, great to see it finally being done. Lets hope they actually sign post the entrance now!
Robert.W

Some pictures posted by @ThemeParksEU on Twitter show Gardaland's new for 2018 Peppa Pig Land, which includes three rides as well as other attractions themed to the popular children's TV show.

The new themed area at Gardaland is one of two areas themed to the brand to open at a Merlin park this year, the other being at Heide Park in Germany. All in all, looking at the pictures, the new additions look pretty well excecuted and I'm sure families with young children will really enjoy the new attractions that the new land has to offer! :)

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Gardaland have today announced that they will open a LEGOLAND Waterpark in 2020.

Could this be the start of the integration of LEGO into attractions outside of the LEGOLAND theme parks and Discovery Centres following the recent takeover of Merlin?