Gardaland

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Gardaland have released a video showing the winners of the competition being Oblivion: The Black Hole's first riders, accompanied by the two characters from the online series of videos.
Balb0wa wrote:impressive, how much did it cost?
€20 million which equates to about £15 million.
Balb0wa

So same price as 13 and £3 million less than the smiler, makes you wonder if something funny was going on with the prices for those two towers coasters.
lewis97 wrote:
Last edited by lewis97 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Quote
Danny

Balb0wa wrote:So same price as 13 and £3 million less than the smiler, makes you wonder if something funny was going on with the prices for those two towers coasters.
lewis97 wrote:
Possibly the fact that the track has to come overseas to get to the UK parks, whereas Italy is closer?
I don't know, inflation? :lol
Ryan.B

Plus B&M are known for being expensive, while gerstlauers are usually cheap, and 13 I get because of it being a prototype but the smiler surely shouldn't be cheaper than this, with the train design being the only new design apart from the layout ( I believe
daveclarkedaveclarke

I must admit I wasn't looking forward to this being open but after seeing POV's of the ride and queue line I have to confess this is a great addition and is very well themed.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

An app has been released for the ride on both iOS and Android.
stealthsmiler

Well I was disappointed. Not as good as The Smiler one and very different although thats to be expected.
Adam.W

I thought that the queue was really cool, if they changed it around and stuff I think it would fit in well inside the indoor bit of the queue, that doesn't have much appeal to me tbh, as they're often misaligned or just a blue screen.
Dom

A second hotel is being built at Gardaland and is planned to open June 2016. The Adventure themed hotel will have 100 spacious family rooms, each offering a different theme out of four themes. These are Jungle Adventure, Wild West Adventure, Arctic Adventure and Arabian Adventure. The hotel will also have a restaurant called Tutunkhamon and will be themed with walls and columns with an ancient egyptian theme. This is the first hotel to be built at Gardaland under Merlin ownership.

More information can be found Here
TH14TEEN

Its an amazing ride. Loved every second of it, except the 1 hour queue. Dispatch is really slow with only 1 station.
Rita Fan

Downloaded the game recently. Erm......
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
Dom

I just found this article regarding Gardaland's new addition.

Its in Italian so it might be an idea to translate :)

http://trentinocorrierealpi.gelocal.it/ ... refresh_ce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ThemeCrafter264

Virtual reality is coming onto magic mountain for 2017 but no more details are known at this time
Theo

Ryan.B wrote:Plus B&M are known for being expensive, while gerstlauers are usually cheap, and 13 I get because of it being a prototype but the smiler surely shouldn't be cheaper than this, with the train design being the only new design apart from the layout ( I believe
I remember hearing somewhere that The Smiler was so expensive due to it being the first Infinity model made by Gerstlauer, but don't hold me to that.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

There's now a minisite for the addition of VR to Magic Mountain. It describes the attraction as "a spectacular virtual journey into the mysterious world of the spirit of the American Indians", and if you complete the matching task you're linked to a video which gives further insight into the premise.

ThemeCrafter264

Very interesting story but I have a feeling this will start the period of retheming the area, especially with the likely removal of Sequoia Adventure.
Georgie

Tribe of the Rocky Mountains? Please tell me that's a hint for a future attraction, I don't care how much of a stretch it is. (I must admit I am surprised GL lacks a woodie, it feels like the type of park that would have one!)
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
MagicAngel94

Here is some update..
Some people thinks that Magic Mountain will be renamed to Shaman, or maybe it's just a project name. We will see...
The concept is similar to Galactica, with VR, some new theming around the area and a big Portal which is on the final helix. No indoor station and no restaurant as of now and I believe they will not be built.

New colour around the station. I believe the station will remains "outdoor"

New rock work in fronte of the entrance

The new portal in the final helix. It is a big dreamcatcher
Owen

Thank you for these images, they've actually made me more interested in Shaman. For this reason I went looking for some other images and came across these from GardalandTribe.

More dream catchers!

A different view if the totem-pole head on the dream catcher portal.

Finally, a mock up of what it may end up looking like, featuring some fairly blank faced people.

NemesisRider

This looks very interesting! The theming looks very nice. However, I couldn't help but notice the similarities in aesthetic to some wooden theming that appeared on Colossos on 2016:

Could these pieces be from the same company perhaps?