Ghost Hunt - Saturday 16th April 2016

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Aidan Lowe

So yesterday this event on Haunted Rooms was open for ticket purchases, its limited to 20 people but its currently not sold out. It runs from 21:00pm to 03:00am and costs £55 pp. For those of you who dare take on the gothic ruins in the dark :D
This venue needs no real introduction but it is so much more than the entertainment complex the name conjures up. We are delighted to secure this venue for an unbelievable night ahead of you.
http://www.hauntedrooms.co.uk/product/a ... april-2016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The night includes:

• Vigils in the dark
• Séances
• Glass Divination
• Ouija Board experience
• The White Noise Experiment
• Tea and Coffee refreshments
• Use of all Ghost Hunting Equipment
• The guidance of our highly qualified team members
Anyone else brave enough to join me on a spine-tingling after hours ghost hunt? I'm skeptic personally and just want to visit the ruins in the dark mainly as I didn't get to do the overnight stay last year.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
stevebrown

I did a ghost hunt at the towers about 8 years ago - never saw or heard anything. But for me the spookiest thing wasn't being in the towers in complete darkness and silence but walking from the towers to the X-Sector loos at 11pm at night. The park was was eerily quiet (obviously!) with no-one around, not even staff. Would love to have been allowed to walk round the entire park!
Stan.H

How old do you have to be in order to take part??
Ripsaw Raver

take it from me, i do alot of investigations, if the group does not state that they have mediums or sensitives please don't waste your money( or atleast question it first). Plus even though a skeptic, keep and open mind, if the main group are skeptics then spirit is hardly likely to use energy "entertaining you". Finally do so in respect of those passed on, not all spirits are nasty and evil and most of all remember there were once physical human beings once before. Do not expect (paranormal activity style) objects being thrown across rooms etc, Spirit interacts in the subtle motions. Just let your intuition take over.
Have a fantastic night though.
Aidan Lowe

Emporium wrote:How old do you have to be in order to take part??
I've been in touch with the organizers and yes its strictly 18+
Sawboss

So ghosts sulk if you don't believe in them?
Stan.H

Damn!! Nearly 14, 4 years to wait..... :(
Ripsaw Raver

Sawboss wrote:So ghosts sulk if you don't believe in them?
It takes spirit a huge amount of energy to connect and especially manifest.
Table Tipping and Ouija are good for connection due to the multiple energies imparted by those involved.
But if just calling out for spirit and they manage a little knock for instance and everyone is like "that was rubbish" then why should spirit then tire themselves out more in order to get a reaction out of you. If you wan't to be scared then go ahead open a board with no protection and openly invite a being of negativity to your side(Openly call for a dark entity that has never been on the human plain and that wants to feed off your energy), But if you just want to connect with spirit like spirit does want to with you it takes time and respect.
Aidan Lowe

I so hope the team challenges us to do solo vigils in the ruins :D
Aidan Lowe

Booked another hunt earlier into next year, January 16th. Just gotta get my costume now and a walkman to play Ghostbusters theme tune.

Only joking the January booking here will be my first one. I'm slightly nervous about doing it but excited at the same time.

Got all my hand held & head torch, now just got to wait.

DrKelman

This sounds really interesting and fun but i am debating whether i should do this or not.
I've always loved ghost related things and of course being able to explore the Towers at night does sound pretty amazing
and it is something i have always wanted to do.
Aidan Lowe

If you have the extra cash I don't see why not. I'm keen to be part of the experience, can't wait.
Aidan Lowe

Was meant to be there for 9pm tonight for a spooktacular evening.

Just got a call from the event organizers saying Alton Towers have been in touch that there is severe weather there tonight & throughout the morning and may be cancelled. Good job I decided it was too hazardous to go anyway.
Aidan Lowe

Turns out they did venture out to Alton Towers that evening with the team but did have to cancel abruptly.
I am so sorry that this event was cancelled so abruptly but definitely a good call as we were stranded half an hour later and all of our vehicles had to be recovered on the hill in Alton.
Capt.Barnacles

I'm doing one at Towers on the 13th February, with the rest of the Virtual Towers team, I'm looking forward to it! Any advice for what to take?
Aidan Lowe

Thermal clothing, gloves, torches, sets of batteries & footwear with decent grip.

It'll get very cold in there.
Aidan Lowe

Not sure how true this is but it seems Alton Towers may be stopping overnight ventures into the ruins in 2017 so if it is something you'd like to do then get on it :)
@theghostbookuk wrote:@NCParanormalUK Alton Towers! But I hear they're stopping gh's after this year!! I've been 4 times, wonder how many more I can squeeze in?
Aidan Lowe

Sorry to keep bumping this topic but it seems to be confirmed that in the summer of this year Alton Towers ceases any overnight paranormal hunts guessing due to H&S.

This isn't the kind of information that'll be posted on the associated social media pages and Haunted Happenings is one of the leading event organizers in this country for this sort of thing so if it is of interest to anyone do it now! :)