Six Flags Great Adventure

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Ash

It was on this morning!

A very good programme and well worth tour time.It shows the problems faced with building a ride so big. It also shows the real first 4 people to test the ride after the dummies.

Jammy Beggars
Dr Pop Rocket

[quote=""Kaz""]8pm on Discovery

Building the Biggest - kingda ka[/quote]

It is about oil rigs or something. It aint about kingda ka.
Gashead

Moved to Rollercoasters :D
Anonymous

When is this next on any idea?
Danzaw*nk

I couldn't find the other topic about this.

I watched this programme on National Geog which was on from 9 till 10. It was actually a quite decent and informative program. I did enjoy watching it :D. Thought i may record it aswell so did :).

Anybody else seen this? If so, what did you think of it?
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Nick

I've seen it a few weeks back and found the pull-through stage of the construction quite interesting with the extendable arms :P Wouldn't mind seeing it again though soon
MostMagicalCat

bit mellow dramatic, but it was good, would love to see this sort of thing on more often
[
Ash

Ive watched it 4 times :P

Shame there isnt a UK coaster program or series. Theres a lot of potential there! Perhaps just a show called Rollercoaster. Visiting parks, rides, developers, theming studios, ride makers, fairs all aruond the UK. Looking at history and the future?

Someone should ring the BBC :D
MostMagicalCat

Shame there isnt a UK coaster program or series. Theres a lot of potential there! Perhaps just a show called Rollercoaster. Visiting parks, rides, developers, theming studios, ride makers, fairs all aruond the UK. Looking at history and the future?
even on international tv, that i know about there is no series that deals exclusivly on rollercoasters or theme parks, "park life "was crap and the world"americas" scairiest coasters, thrill rides are all one of programs lets have an hour visting theme parks, 1 per episode, and on the kingda ka genre, lets see them building exceptional coasters and/or storys surounding them.

yea ring the bbc, i will do the research, and present the show, THAT would be the best job in the world
[
Matt 125

Does anybody know if or when this programme will be on again? Wouldn't mind seeing it!

Matt :D
Nick

Its repeated on Sunday 21st May at 12 Noon, National Geographic, Sky channel 526

And also:

22 May, 3.00pm
Williscroft

Well i thought that was what i was going to be watching on the Discovery Channel as it kept showing you Kingda Ka on the adverts for it. Instead it turned out to be about the 3 latest woodies competing with each other wich was still a great program. :)
Nutty dreadz

Its repeated on Sunday 21st May at 12 Noon, National Geographic, Sky channel 526

And also:

22 May, 3.00pm
** Sets DVD recorder **

Can't wait to see this one - I heard that it showed the problems they had when they were testing it. Apparently you get to see a few rollbacks? God I;d love to see that! Infact, god I'd love that to happen to me! 1 and a half ride for the price of 1! :lol:
Nick

Yep it did indeed show the rollbacks and all of their problems before before it opened. It was really quite interesting to watch
Danzaw*nk

My mum came in at the part where they complete the top-hat and she started talking, i almost said 'Shut the hell up' but thought the better of it and said, 'Shh! Very high tension!'.

I was very interested throughout the whole thing. There were quite alot of rollbacks too. Is quite funny when you hear all the construction worker's 'oohhs' and 'ahhs' at the rollbacks :lol:.
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
MostMagicalCat

Yep it did indeed show the rollbacks and all of their problems before before it opened. It was really quite interesting to watch
still was a bit mellow dramatic, wouldn`t that happen on all rides with a launch system, especialy on one that is experimental, still cool to see, the biggest problem was the launch "cable" set it back a month, i think.

would love to sit on a roll back, sounds great
[
Shent

......The one and only... :sus:
Mikey

The ride is absolutely immense. I don't think you can appreciate the height until your on it - being a poor simple brit, the biggest thing I've ridden in this country is Stealth and that thing looks higher when you're on it than it does from the ground... its hard to imagine what that would be like more than double :shock:
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.
altontowerskid

Personally i dont think the height difference would make that much difference to a coaster. Your only at the top for about 2 seconds and then your travelling back towards earth again. I think its all about long long and fast the launch is, that makes a huge difference.

I've been on many launch coasters and the longer the launch and faster the launch the better the ride turns out to be.

Well thats for me anyway.
Mankey

omg... i'd be pooing it up there!! Stealth killed me :oops: god knows what kingda ka would do!
Back from hibernation!