Six Flags Great Adventure

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
buggy

i think he means in the adreneline rush, they might be different but there are similarities in the atmosphere and build up to all 3.
Anonymous

"muggins" lol u been on kingada ka, thought not

sure oblivion was a "worlds first" a decade ago but the height of the drop is nothing and ur not vertical for that long i am sure if it was higher or deeper underground or from the drop it then pulled into loop i am sure it would be better

and yes i know i made an error about it being in the wrong place no need to go cry to the mods about it i'm sure they'll move it soon as they time

jeez u ppl are worse then nintendo fanboys
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

moved to appropriate forum :)
Phil

Not even a year since Kingda Ka and Golden Kingdom were born, New Jersey will be treated to ANOTHER brand new area and with it.. another biggy coaster!

It's expected to be Americas ultimate woodie, and rank amongst the tallest and fastest woodies in the world!

Press release: http://www.rcdb.com/document189.htm

...And the facts: http://www.rcdb.com/id3183.htm

More proof again that SFGAdv really is Six Falgs' premier park!!

Another reason to put Great Adventure on the top of your 'parks i must visit' list!! :D
Anonymous

Is there a particular reason why Six Flags are developing this particular park at such a rapid pace?

*Sigh* One day. :)
Mikey

Maybe they have a lot of room to build these Uber coasters... Holiday World must be kicking themselves for promoting Voyage as having the steepest drop on a woodie, seen as El Toro will be 10 degrees steeper :roll:

Coaster wise, it looks better than SFMM (even though they're opening the flyer next year).
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.
Phil

Aye, 76 on a woodie is pretty damn steep! It's not far off being the same steepness as Millenium Force!!

I agree, SFGAdv is looking much bigger and better than SFMM. I've seen these bits of track for the rumoured flyer - Is it actually confirmed to be a flyer? The bits of track don't give much away...
Mikey

Yeah I think it was revealed to be a B&M flyer, and will be called Tatsu... it will be a unique layout, travelling around the hill in the middle of the park... so at least it wont be a car park coaster!
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.
Phil

Thats two exciting developments to watch over the closed season then!! :)
Martin1

So there gettinga woodie...and a flyer...for next year?Blimey.
Ketchup

[quote=""martin""]So there gettinga woodie...and a flyer...for next year?Blimey.[/quote]

No, Six Flags Great Adventure are getting the wooden coaster, whilst Six Flags Magic Mountain are getting the flyer.
Martin1

Oh! :P Sorry im a bit/alot thick. The woodie looks incredible though.
adamrothwell

I think Kingda Ka and TTD should have made a much longer circuit for the rides! A few more hills and drops and maybe a helix or 2 :)
Alton towers and Blackpool pleasure beach rock! check out !http://tbppbguideforums.info/bpb/index.php
For blackpool pleasure beach forums!
http://www.theblackpoolpleasurebeachguide.co.uk/
X_da_C

tatsu looks awesome, theres a video of it on ssmm website. El toro is going to be a huge addition to sfga, it will make it one of the best ride line ups in the world, just behind Cedar Point in my oppinion.
CGM

I think that Six Flags are trying to build another flagship park along with Magic Mountain.

It also looks like Six Flags are starting to bring back theming
Kaz

8pm on Discovery

Building the Biggest - kingda ka

EDIT:

For some reason they are not sticking to the TV guide.

ILL UPDATE YOU SOON!
Last edited by Kaz on Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Pop Rocket

/ I have to watch that. Thanks for posting this. :D
Shent

What's it about? :?
......The one and only... :sus:
Dr Pop Rocket

/ Im guessing it is about following the construction of kingda ka.
Dom1991

Ta for that Kaz, Mom and Sis are watching TV at 8:00 so I'll be watching at 9:00 on Discovery +1. After missing Megastructures earlier, I need to watch this.