Winter Wonderland - Hyde Park London

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Rollercoaster5000

What :shock:. That wasn't even mentioned on the lineup so why on earth have they decided to bring it in so suddenly :?. Are you sure you're not referring to the Black Hole?
NF2

No, Eurocoaster is indeed here :D Photo confirmation from ATFOTF:

:D
Rollercoaster5000

I've just told people on Mania Hub's Winter Wonderland topic that it isn't returning :x. urgh oh well, atleast it's an extra credit. Would've preferred the coaster from 2007.
#-o
Deleted

News: Boneshaker fans from Towers will see a welcome return ;)

Last edited by Deleted on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiogoJ42

Is that OUR Boneshaker? :P
Deleted

So I have been informed.
DiogoJ42

WIN! I'm there! :P
jp235

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]Is that OUR Boneshaker? :P[/quote]

No it isn't. This ride was built in 1997, 2 years after Energizer debuted at Alton Towers. Shame really, after riding Dynamo in July, I was hoping to make it 2 ex-Alton rides in one year.

This Super Nova normally goes under the name of Crazy Tiger, and the photo here suggests it will need a lot of work to make it Christmassy, although the photos of the gondola certainly show that some effort has been made there. I just hope they run it on a better programme than Alton ever did, as it was criminal how poorly they operated it (even before the move to X-Sector, where it was even tamer).

As far as I know, Energizer has been at the Mondial factory for a few years now. It often shows up in the background in Mondial's promo photos/videos.

[url=http://www.ride-index.de/include.php?pa ... tentid=780" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.ride-index.de/include.php?pa ... tentid=780[/url]

Meanwhile, to those complaining about the line-up and the lack of thrill rides/big coasters: This is not a funfair. This is an event that includes various forms of entertainment, of which rides are just one. LAst year, I spent several full days at WW, taking in the restaurants, the Bavarian Village, and everything else - despite the fact I live over 100 miles away! For god's sake don't just turn up and just do the rides, as you'll miss masses of quality entertainment.

As for people moaning about no Alpina Bahn, think of it from Oscar Bruch's point of view. The event needs to prove that it is worth his while to bring such a mammoth ride over. Then - as with all these foreign showmen attending Hyde Park, he has to convince enough of his staff to spend Christmas working in a foreign country, away from their families. That is precisely is what forced Rudolph Barth's last-minute cancellation of his plan to send Olympia Looping to Dublin Funderland 3 years ago.

If you still think AEG has done a bad job, compare WW to any other Christmas fair in the UK. Compare it to the Christmas/New Year fair that ran on the edge of Hyde Park in 2005/2006, organised by UK showmen, and which had a line-up of several good thrill rides, but got very few visitors precisely because it was simply a fairground, and lacked the kind of entertainment people want at that time of year. Look at the sheer quality of attractions like the Bavarian Village and the Spiegel Saloon (which trust me, will be like nothing you'll have seen at a UK fair before). Winter Wonderland is a phenomenal event by UK standards.
Rollercoaster5000

[quote=""Kryn""]News: Boneshaker fans from Towers will see a welcome return ;)

Image[/quote]

Glad that they have one of those flat rides this year.
Hang on.. Is that a wild mouse I see in the backround (a bit to the right of the Super Nova)? Glad they have another coaster but I don't remember seeing that in the lineup (same thing with the Euro Coaster but we've known about that for the past week). Really looking forward to Winter Wonderland this year, it's coming along nicely.
:)
Deleted

Thats just a generic "This is a super nova" photo from the net lol - so no its not there
jp235

[quote=""Kryn""]Thats just a generic "This is a super nova" photo from the net lol - so no its not there[/quote]

The photo Kryn posted is a generic Super Nova (not sure which one). The link I posted though, is the one being built up now at Hyde Park.

Here's a photo from a friend of mine (reproduced with permission), of the gondola arriving at Hyde Park a few days ago.

themealgang

Holy cow! :shock:
This is shaping up to be an amazing event. Some great list of attractions this year-including the Power Tower (making a welcome return), Snowjet and The Super Nova. AEG Live have done a good job getting all of these machines coming over to London for this event so well done to them! :clap: I just hope that this year we can buy a wristband of some sort which allows for unlimited riding, instead of buying tickets and paying for each attraction as you ride. (We all know that rides are on the pricey side at Hyde Park during WW!) I think I will be looking for multiple rides on some of the machines this year... :P

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Rollercoaster5000

Oh well, gues they only have two credits again. Nice to see The Super Nova though.
jp235

[quote=""themealgang""]Holy cow! :shock:
I just hope that this year we can buy a wristband of some sort which allows for unlimited riding, instead of buying tickets and paying for each attraction as you ride. :P[/quote]

Not much chance of that, although I do hope they revise the dreadful ticket system. Every time I visit I end up with a mountain of tickets, some worth 1 ... er ... ticket, others worth 2, 3, or 4. For such a high-quality event, it's a dreadful payment system.
Jared

I see people mentioning Black Hole. Is that as in the one from Alton Towers or something else?
Kevi8587

This looks worth a visit i wanna go hopefully in december :)
DiogoJ42

The Black Hole is a totally different coaster to the ex-Alton one. It just happens to have the same name.
themealgang

[quote=""jp235""][quote=""themealgang""]Holy cow! :shock:
I just hope that this year we can buy a wristband of some sort which allows for unlimited riding, instead of buying tickets and paying for each attraction as you ride. :P[/quote]

Not much chance of that, although I do hope they revise the dreadful ticket system. Every time I visit I end up with a mountain of tickets, some worth 1 ... er ... ticket, others worth 2, 3, or 4. For such a high-quality event, it's a dreadful payment system.[/quote]

Strongly agree. Even if we can't buy a wristband (like Pleasure Beach or Adventure Island) the awful ticket system needs to be looked into. Receipts are not ideal, and better pay systems operate on British Fairgrounds with the use of hard tokens for rides that you buy at the pay box. I hope AEG Live buy into this idea into this method; it would make life so much easier for visitors. (Please excuse the pun :P )

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Jared

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]The Black Hole is a totally different coaster to the ex-Alton one. It just happens to have the same name.[/quote]
Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me. Have a rep.

So what type / model is this Black Hole coaster?
DiogoJ42

I believe it's made by Zierer. But as for the model, I have no idea. Imagine a mini No Way Out, but forwards, in single cars that have no restraints whatsoever! :shock: