Planet Coaster

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Aidan Lowe

Short video showing terrain editing. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Aidan Lowe

Short animation video showing a child and a teenage girl who have jitters and need to use the bathroom. The level of animation detail going into this is quite amazing.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sawboss

Good stuff, animation is way more important for bringing a game to life than shiny lens flares or whatever the latest graphical innovation is!
Aidan Lowe

A new video is up on Facebook. #3: Build, Create, Share.
Sawboss

Impressed with the amount of customisation, looks like you'll be able to spend hours fiddling with the landscape and themeing around a single flatride.
Aidan Lowe

Pirate King animations video shows how workers of your park can possibly react to your actions/management or whatever.
Adam.W

Recently the folks at Planet Coaster did a livestream Q and A. It's worth a watch, there is a lot of footage, and even a shot of the user interface at one point.

It's also worth subbing if you haven't already.
Sawboss

Gave in and pre-ordered when I saw that ground level walk through of the park that starts around 35 minutes in. I usually don't but it seems like the developers are putting genuine effort and soul into the game, also pre-order is only 20 quid too. Hope the next livestream shows more detail about the different rides already in game and in the works.
daveclarkedaveclarke

every time i see a Q and A for this game i look forward to it more and more! I cant wait for it the developers really do want it to be best of the best and are really listening to the fans on the forums. 22nd march is the release of pre alpha and we'll see more then guys! Anyone on here signed up for it?
tcw1993

daveclarkedaveclarke wrote:every time i see a Q and A for this game i look forward to it more and more! I cant wait for it the developers really do want it to be best of the best and are really listening to the fans on the forums. 22nd march is the release of pre alpha and we'll see more then guys! Anyone on here signed up for it?
How do I sign up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i love sub terra. By the looks of it, the only one.
Sawboss

Gotta buy the early bird version I think. It's about 50 pounds, standard pre order is 20.. So I decided I can wait. :)
Sawboss

The devs did another Q & A Livestream a couple weeks ago and I missed it, but here it is!:

Something that I noticed is missing and I hope they add in future is ride ops. I want to build custom themed cabins for my ride ops to sit in.

Edit: Doh, he just mentioned control panels for the rides are in the works. Still, fingers crossed for op cabins!
Adam.W

The Planet Coaster Alpha has been released, not sure where you get it or when it was released, etc. but there's a lot of gameplay videos on youtube :)
DeadJack5

How long does the Alpha last or is it continuous until the game is released? I don't want to buy it and then it's then taken down haha
Jack

The alpha is updated with each stage of progress the devs make up until release :)
Tom

I've spent a little bit of time playing around with the alpha and can confirm this is an awesome piece of software. Content and functionality are a bit thin on the ground at present but people are making some insane stuff with it.

A couple of videos of what people have been doing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGJ8Emrjbe8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLbVX0CmjN0
Adam.W

Alpha 2 is out (or nearly out, I'm not sure :P)

They released a livestream which mainly focusses on paths

And some more, shorter videos, some of which are seen in the Alpha video.

Path Tweaks and improvements: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Holding hands: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keyboard shortcut for paths: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stairs and incline paths: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Path types: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Natural paths: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Guest reactions: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sawboss

The latest Alpha 2 live stream was this evening and focused on the new coasters and flatrides in the upcoming alpha release. Lots of detail on the coasters and a good variety, seeing what they've added in the beta so far I'm really excited to see what they add in the future.
TOCS

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to make you all aware of a 24 hour live play of Planet Coaster starting tomorrow at this link here..

The event is in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support and I have raised £381 so far, any donations are welcome, big and small!

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... mechangers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've also been in touch with Frontier and I have multiple Planet Coaster prizes to give away during the stream also!

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I have spoken to several members from here as I work at Alton Towers Resort (Interactive Performer). I love what you guys do for the resort and it's great to see some many like minded people.

Thanks again, I hope you'll stop by during the event and take a look!
Dan

I really want this but my laptop won't run it and I don't fancy shelling out over £400 for a new one :(