RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Magical Ryan

Try putting some gravel terrain round that kids coaster, Small patchs round the supports. :D
Joe Koopa

[quote=""Magical Ryan""]Try putting some gravel terrain round that kids coaster, Small patchs round the supports. :D[/quote]

Agreed, it looks quite bland as it is. :)
mattbailey

Thanks Trooper... do you know if Wild is in the pipeline?
Russell

^^
Thanks for all the suggestions guys :) Im having problems getting the rapids to look 'right' Are the White water rapids better then the smaller ones?

Ill have a look at the terrain round the kids coaster when I've sorted the rapids :)
Since April 2008
AdamJ

The bigger rapids are way better than the small ones. I only use the small ones for portable type rides, the big rapids are the best ones...
Russell

Yeah I agree - I've had a play around and am pleased with what I've got. Think I will have a play around with a swinging coaster next.....

Also only just noticed I put an s instead of a 3 in the topic name! #-o

EDIT :

Ok new area done. Its a cliched jungle area. Not sure how happy I am with it. Any comments and suggestions always welcome :)

And Kiddies coaster with ajusted terrain.

Since April 2008
DiogoJ42

You can't go wrong with a Jungle theme. :D

May I suggest beefing up the station for the Arrow Swing coaster? it seems a bit weedy for a big ride.
Trooper

I couldn't say with certainty, and there are no official announcements that it is.
However, apparantly if you play RCT3 with Soaked on a Mac then there are icons relating to Wild meaning it isn't ruled out completely.

You're not missing out on loads by not having Wild really. The extended coaster is the best feature, the animals are pretty redundant if I'm honest. Worth getting if it came out, but it is still definitely worth getting Vanilla and Soaked in the meantime.
mattbailey

Yeah, I have the full game on PC (Vanilla, Soaked and Wild) and never used the animals, its a nice touch but not great. Extended coaster is very useful though.

It is irritating that the Mac version is still so expensive, when in Game atm the PC RCT3 platinum is in a any 2 games for £20 deal :(
Russell

Yeah I think your right Ill have a fiddle tomorrow :)

EDIT:

Altered station -

Ok think Im gunna build a eurofighter next as that seems a cheap high thrills installation after this years big project! Should it go into an existing area and theme or a new one? If new one any suggestions?
Since April 2008
DiogoJ42

Now THAT'S a station! :mrgreen:
Russell

^^ You like? I was stuck with what to do with it tbh! :)

Ok after I did a few test eurofighters I found that I can do a beyond vertical drop on the extended coaster but not on the CTR Eurofighter. Should I have a just vertical eurofighter or something else entirely? Any help is appreciated as I stuck for ideas at them moment :(

Edit: Ok I decided to go with a launch coaster and have a small seaside type area and one support ride (a topspin). The coaster is the main part of this area and is called Storm. Theres even a lighthouse!

What should be next?
Since April 2008
mattbailey

I really like the new additions, but maybe the first loop of Storm should be a bit more gradual?
Russell

In what way do you mean more gradual?

Edit : Just had a play around with it and if I mak it any more gradual it takes it above the 120ft height limit that Ive put in place. So I either have to keep it as ia ove re do the whole thing :( What do you think?
Since April 2008
mattbailey

Whats the launch speed?
Russell

ITs just under 70 if i recall correctly. I was thinking that if i just change the back end and the station launch area I may be able to graduate it more, with a bit of que moving. Ill have a look after work
Since April 2008
mattbailey

Yeah, I guess if that coaster was in real life hitting a rise like that at 70 would lead to some fairly immense G force?
Russell

Yeah I guess your right :( Its a shame I'm gunna have to change it as I really liked what I'd done but I see what your saying. When I get more time i'll alter it :)

Ok I didnt have to change that much in the end :) and it only came out at 120.85 ft so it fits (ok technically it doesn't.....)

I also put in the ingame lighthouse didnt think to check for one #-o

My plans for year 4 are a skyride and then additions to previouse areas. Im thinking of adding a spinning wild mouse to the kids area. Any suggestions for other areas?
Since April 2008
DiogoJ42

that looks much more realistic. Nice one. :D
mattbailey

Very nice Russell, 0.85ft is neither here nor there :P

How about some updates to the original industrial area, seems to be a bit lacking compared to the newer areas?