Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Aidan Lowe

Yea never mind he's replied to his instagram post.

davidmccubbin: These are early PMBO plans though, have you got 2017 plans?
v05mattclay: @davidmccubbin indeed it is The Big One's original concept plan. I don't have a copy of Eclipse's plans no.

Not sure what the idea of the post was for then.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Georgie

So the codename is eclipse? I'm guessing he has some insider knowledge if he was shown older plans, unless they were already somewhere online? I know the park aren't required to publicly release plans unlike the Merlin parks.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
mark_h

Arrow Dynamics went bankrupt in 2002.

BPB have one of the largest collection of their rides.

Eclipse was a show at BPB.
Ryan.B

Apparently premier rides have been spotted been shown around pleasure beach, and Amanda Thompson was talking to them at EAS, whatever this is, I think it may be a premier ride. In fact if it's a sky rocket that could be constructed by next season, they are apparently quite solid rides, not a main ride but very good fillers... But what I am hoping for is a ride like full throttle, I've heard very good things about it, and if it used a loop as a top hat it could be reasonably compact, put it on Grand Prix site, launch, giant loop, a section around the Grand Prix site, airtime hill through the loop, then heading towards the big one, before a turn and a top hat over the loop, into the breaks. Just an idea :)
themealgang

I actually think a coaster from Premier would be a good fit for Pleasure Beach.

I've only experienced Revenge of the Mummy, but their ride catalogue seems to be pretty consistent plus their coasters have a good reputation for being smooth. And Revenge of the Mummy in Orlando is very smooth, indeed.

I wouldn't like to see a Sky Scream / Superman clone, however. I would like to see something unique (Full Throttle-esque) WITH lap bars. Not OSRs.

But they could be onto a winner here if they go for Premier.
Rita Fan

You know what? I really hope a sky rocket would be installed. Me and my cousin who's only about ten and just big enough to get on the big rides would probably want something like this. It's not too tall, it's not too fast, so I think me and my cousin are onto a winner :P
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
Ryan.B

I agree, all premiers ride, even off the shelf ones sound the quality, solid rides unlike another certain off the shelf Vekoma at pleasure beach so if it is premier, I will be happy anyway :)
Rita Fan

I also think it's good because as far as I know, we don't have any rides built by premier rides. :-k
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Ryan.B

Assome know, the tom Sawyer bridge lake has been drained, and today some kind of what I think is ground/footer testing has gone ahead. On the first picture I have outlined the drained area, and the second photo is from PBE. Apparently Amanda has been spotted talking to premier, could a sky loop fit here? Maybe a launch in that spot, or take the record for the largest loop in the UK? We don't actually know whether it will be a coaster, but its looking that way.

Rita Fan

Oh yes! I'm loving this!

Georgie

In the SW8 thread someone mentioned that P2017 may have been pushed back a year. If the MACK rumours are true, then premier could be there to install a SkyRocket or a similar smaller model in 2016/2017 before installing a bigger coaster in 2018 (possibly against sw8 if that gets delayed too?
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
Ryan.B

Wouldn't Minda skyrocket to be honest they seem like solid rides.
Rita Fan

I'd LOVE a skyrocket! Pleasure beach is a firm favourite thing to do with my family. A HUGE ride like one of these would be fantastik

Stan.H

Do we know of any companies working with BPB or have european clients for 2016/17?
Ryan.B

Premier likely are working with PB
Rita Fan

Fantastic!

Capt.Barnacles

I doubt the possibilities of a Premier Sky Rocket II, only because Premier have never produced any coasters for the UK, and I'm also not sure about the footprint, as they're very very large. 150ft tall (Of course height wouldn't be an issue given the presence of the Big One), and wider than most think because of the support structure's footprint. It's possible, at a squeeze, but I somehow doubt that's what's going in that space.
towerskid

Tbh id be fine with another thrill flat as BPB need more than just Skyforce and TIB. Maybe a Top Scan IF it was ran to full potential example: Whizzer NOT Samurai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryan.B

Nick Thompson has confirmed 2016 is focused on infrastructure and in 2017 (around may) a huge new project will open as one of in his words 'the most exciting rides in the world. I guess the photo at the tip of this page is relevant to the ride, as 18 months before May 2017 is October/November 2015 which means the work has already started. I reckon we could be seeing a world class coaster at pleasure beach!
towerskid

Ryan.B wrote:Nick Thompson has confirmed 2016 is focused on infrastructure and in 2017 (around may) a huge new project will open as one of in his words 'the most exciting rides in the world. I guess the photo at the tip of this page is relevant to the ride, as 18 months before May 2017 is October/November 2015 which means the work has already started. I reckon we could be seeing a world class coaster at pleasure beach!
About bloody time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk