Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Ryan.B

The thing with RMC, is both their conversions and new rides are cheaper than steel coasters from other manufacturers that are high quality, (not Vekoma or s&s because they have problems with PBs custom modifications to infusion and ice blast) B&M and Intamin are usually not compact, and too expensive. I'm thinking if this is a coaster, it will be Mack or RMC.
stealthsmiler

An RMC conversion would create a high quality attraction though as it is practically a whole new steel coaster, just reusing the layout (which is good, especially with the addition of some inversions) and some of the support structure (although I imagine it would probably have to be replaced due to it's age. It would however allow them to keep an old attraction running without compromising the quality of their ride line up.

As much as I want to see BPB develop, I don't want it to become like Alton and Thorpe. I like the fact that it's more relaxed, smaller queue's which mean you don't have to run from one ride to the next. Which is why I also think an RMC conversion would work well.

(also think Ice Blast should be replaced with a taller, and more thrilling drop tower **Intamin**)
Ryan.B

I'd like a drop tower with stand up, stand up floorless, tilting, sit down. Either that or a drop like Falcons Fury. Ice Blast is getting on now.
MakoMania

Screamscape reporting rumour of a Mack Launch coaster with the removal of Grand Prix.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Jamster42

I'm crossing my fingers this is true! Having ridden blue fire yesterday I feel a mack mega would be a perfect ride to modernise the ride line up and draw in crowds.
NemesisRider

My only problem is where would they put it? MACK mega's need a fair bit of space (a long straight for the launch) and I don't know how compact they could get. They'll probably do the trick of having it go above whatever ride it crosses, but when I looked the go cart area isn't that big.
Ryan.B

Not on the go kart area, Grand Prix (beneath and around the Avalanche area. It is expected to launch, go under the big one do an overbank or top hat, then have some more elements. I would imagine a inversion before the launch. :) these are all rumours, it could be a Rapids or anything yet.
stealthsmiler

I feel that there is a lot of wasted space around Avalanche on rides that aren't that popular. The whole area could do with being completely redone.
NemesisRider

Using Google maps I made a prediction of where the things we are more sure of could go. It has to have a station, brakes and lift or launch (I put the Top Hat in because I reckon they would do that to add something more to the skyline).

If it's too small then follow the link to where I uploaded the image.

http://i58.tinypic.com/ajosat.jpg
stealthsmiler

I'm not sure about a top hat, just because the Big One wouldn't be the Big One any more. unless it's a smallish top hat that wouldn't detract from the size of the Big One
Adam.W

Can't be called the big one if there's a bigger one next to it :lol
NemesisRider

stealthsmiler wrote:I'm not sure about a top hat, just because the Big One wouldn't be the Big One any more. unless it's a smallish top hat that wouldn't detract from the size of the Big One
Top Hats don't have to huge, look at Kanonen at Liseberg. As I said, it would be just to add something else significant to the skyline and make the ride a bit more iconic. Whatever happens, I could imagine various rides being shut for its construction.
Ryan.B

According to a fair amount of people, it's likely to be an Mack Mega or an Intamin Accelerator. If it's a mega I would like an inverted top hat. If it's a accelerator I wouldn't be surprised to see a design similar to the bigger one, but not towards the sea. I could see Rapids going in PB sometime as well
Stan.H

I do like the sound of a mack-mega, but costs a decent amount and would need to be well themed!
Master_feedback

Bpb would not change or remove the grand national and their is no benafit at all From removing the wild mouse also the big dipper is on such a small footprint I can't see what pbp would get out of removing it also given the age and iconic nature of all the woodies at pbp they would no doupt get listed in a second if they were under fret

I was at the park a few weeks ago and noted that their was a lot of unused space next to the big dipper it can be clearly seen in the above photo I would guess that is part of the intended site plus the footprint of the grandprix
NemesisRider

Seeing as there is no official Blackpool Thread I thought I'd post it here. A bolt has fallen from The Big One: http://riderater.co.uk/2015/bolt-falls- ... #more-5190
stealthsmiler

Notice that the Sun is the one to report on this
Aidan Lowe

Sky Force is an excellent addition to the park, real quality ride kept going around and around and around.. :)
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Aidan Lowe

Matt Clay on Twitter/Instagram posted this: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like the plans somewhere in there somewhere..
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Georgie

Wait, doesn't the footer say "ARROW - Magnum style steel coaster layout", implying the Big One? I'm not exactly an expert on the layout of Pleasure Beach, so could someone confirm if this is likely the case?
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan