Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Nathan

[quote=""Lightwater valley rules""]hmmm. i dought the airport affects anything in blackpool, they have blackpool tower aswell rember, plus as squiggles said the park already had 2 over 200ft rides.

When i made my last post i said an s&s skyswat, now i just rembered they said a uk first. lol. Blonde moment. does anyone know of a thrill ride not currently in the uk witch would fit blackpool?[/quote]

Yes the airport does affect BPB. The have submitted plans to the airport becasue of the height of the bigger one and if you have noticed the red lights on top of ice blast and PMBO, this is to tell aeroplanes of their postion incase they are flying too low.
Williscroft

Any structure over a certain hight has to have flashing lights on the top of it to warn people of it. Personaly i havnt seen many planes flying directaly over the pleasure beach and i wouldnt see the air port as a major thret to furture plans.
Nathan

[quote=""williscroft""]Any structure over a certain hight has to have flashing lights on the top of it to warn people of it. Personaly i havnt seen many planes flying directaly over the pleasure beach and i wouldnt see the air port as a major thret to furture plans.[/quote]

Well i have seen planes fly around the perimeter of BPB so thats close enough.
Williscroft

Yes but if a structure such as a large coaster was built on the site or even the bigger one which was ment to go across the golden mile and out to sea, the air port would just be informed of it and planes would have keep clear of it, not a major problem is all i was trying to say. :)
Nathan

And all i was trying to say was the airport does have some affect :D
Anonymous

Spin Doctor is a great ride, but the throughput is immensly bad, i was waiting at the top for around 5-6 minutes for us to start, it is a great ride if on the right setting.
Anonymous

BPB cant build too high because Blackpool airport is not far away
BPB can build as high as they want, they have to show the council there plans though before doing so.

Vikingar has now been fully removed.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/blackpo ... _beach.htm
smeg_head

The airport has no effect on what can and can not be built at BPB - it is soley down to local & park planners who have total say in the matter. It is up to them to suss out any potential dangers to the surounding environment and transport.

The argument that because an airport is nearby you can't build tall structures is utter bovine poo. London has some of the the buisiest skies as well as the busisest airports in the world yet it has 300ft+ structures - and plenty of them! It is standard architect practise to include aircraft warning beacons on all tall structures regaurdless of proximity to airports.

Perhaps you didn't notice that one coaster when you were last at BPB, what's it called? Oh yes. The Big One!

Besides if a commercial airliner is cruising at 200ft then it is obviously having problems in the first place!
Squiggles

Umm, I think it's actually the other way round at Blackpool, the park only have to check with the civil aviation authority (or whatever) before building a (tall) ride on site. (though obviously the CAA, don't have any problems, as they do allow 200ft rides)

It's all due to some clever politics from way back in 1930s. (ah, if only times were still that simple)
Edwardo..... move me!
Phil

Only light aircraft use Blackpool Airport anyway. They don't need much airspace to get over 300ft and the airport is far away from the park, so there are no problems with it.

The only major problems BPB face are.

- Space
- Strong Wind
- Saltwater air (can be very corrosive, especially to metal/paint)
Anonymous

The airport has no effect on what can and can not be built at BPB - it is soley down to local & park planners who have total say in the matter. It is up to them to suss out any potential dangers to the surounding environment and transport.

The argument that because an airport is nearby you can't build tall structures is utter bovine poo. London has some of the the buisiest skies as well as the busisest airports in the world yet it has 300ft+ structures - and plenty of them! It is standard architect practise to include aircraft warning beacons on all tall structures regaurdless of proximity to airports.

Perhaps you didn't notice that one coaster when you were last at BPB, what's it called? Oh yes. The Big One!

Besides if a commercial airliner is cruising at 200ft then it is obviously having problems in the first place!
Yup thats right.

The next big coaster is supposed to be opening in 2010, no idea what it will be, I think only bpb know what there up to atm.
buggy

looks like the water ride for the lake has been confirmed for 2007.
Robert

Well it is not the larest lake in the world so I can't see what it will be.

I doubt this "large" ride will be here before 2010, quite simpily because Blackpool are very bad at getting new rides, especially big ones. Everybody still goes on about the PMBO, but it has lost its thrill if you ask me and is one of only about 3 good rides left at the park. I hope that plans to build a new ride do go ahead though as I live quite near Blackpool and would like to go and visit more often.

:D
buggy

next years project is to be the biggest since valhalla, and the 2010 project is definetly going to happen.

Source: www.235club.org.uk
John

[quote=""buggy""]next years project is to be the biggest since valhalla, and the 2010 project is definetly going to happen.

Source: www.235club.org.uk[/quote]I got "error 403: forbidden" when i clicked on that link, looks like I'll have to take your word for it.
Anonymous

The 2007 ride is going to be a Mack Water Coaster. If you actually look carefully and imagine the Log Flume not being there anymore, it does leave a big space. Thats where the Water Coaster will be going. So there will be two water rides that get you completly soaked in one of the coldest places in the UK, lol it adds to the fun I suppose.
Phil

Should be an excellent addition to the park! Really looking forward to it!
buggy

[quote=""duckman""][quote=""buggy""]next years project is to be the biggest since valhalla, and the 2010 project is definetly going to happen.

Source: www.235club.org.uk[/quote]I got "error 403: forbidden" when i clicked on that link, looks like I'll have to take your word for it.[/quote]

http://www.235club.co.uk/

Well, there are some pretty good mack coasters out there, i hope this one will be great too :D
John

Yeah, it should be good but, *cries at closure of the UK's best log flume* :cry:
Williscroft

i thought the Blackpool log flume was pretty poor actualy. Thought it was very boring at times, much perfer Stormforce 10 :) Cant wait for this water coaster to arrive now :D