Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
bigblade40

PMBO is an amazing coaster, the drop is immense.
[quote=""Wez""]
[quote=""X_da_c""]
It seems to me to be all about the drop, and from other people i herd the actually ride was poor. imo Oblivion is the best drop in the UK Although PMBO is one of a few hypers. I dont think it is as good as a lot of other rides.[/quote]

How can you have an opinion on a ride that you have never been on?! You dont think its as good as a lot of rides? How would you know.[/quote]

Totally agreed, you can't have an opinion on something you know NOTHING about.

[quote=""Bicko101""]Its better than Alton Towers.

PMBO is an amazing coaster, of course you lot will moan because your beloved AT have B&M coasters, well PMBO is a rough coaster because its made by a company who make rough coasters and if the ride wasnt rough it wouldnt add to the fun, so get over the fact its rough.[/quote]
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BPB is an amazing park, one of the best in the uk.
bigblade40
Beaver Dude

I'd just love to ride Expedition Ge Force and some other Intamin Gigas and see how much they wee all over the PMBO. It's an average ride which does nothing special. I prefer AT to BPB mainly because I like parks with theming although I do rate BPB very highly.
buggy

i like oblivion, but if its the intensity of the drop, you need to ride PMBO. It's not just the first drop that is awesome, flying over probably 100ft? hills at brilliant speed is very intense.
Andyc Nemesis

BPB is an ok park, i just dont like the fact that you get alot of people just wondering around not going on rides and just causing trouble. Blackpool is not the best place in the world also.

Sorry, the Big one i thought was a good ride, quick, but, a bit dull at points. Did it 3 times, once in the rain. The ride was rough ish but that did not take the fun away from it.

BPB itself, and it does need a lick of paint, and some new rides. The woodies are classics however they dont look good and i think they need to be changed.
Anonymous

launch from 0-60 in 2secs then go over some great air time hills than over some forceless hills and other dull elements.
Rita has air time? Have you ever been on it? Because I have and didnt get a spot of air time, I get more on PMBO.

Rita is full of dull points, maybe because it doesnt do anything interesting, aka it goes round almost flat all the way, its sooooooooo boring. :roll:
BPB is an ok park, i just dont like the fact that you get alot of people just wondering around not going on rides and just causing trouble.
No theres never any trouble at BPB, at least people dont get there wallet nicked at BPB like they do AT :lol: Also when you have seen trouble at BPB? Never I hear you say? Are what a shame, no evidence to back up your point :wink:
It's an average ride which does nothing special.
Average ride? So whats rita then? Awful.
Phil

[quote=""Beaver Dude""]I'd just love to ride Expedition Ge Force and some other Intamin Gigas and see how much they wee all over the PMBO. It's an average ride which does nothing special. I prefer AT to BPB mainly because I like parks with theming although I do rate BPB very highly.[/quote]

Well i have been on Millenium force and it didn't exactly blow me away. The climb to the top was so fast, i didn't even have time to look around and take in the height or the views. As soon as i knew it the train was at the bottom! The only really good thing about Millenium force is the first air-time hill! I nearly flew out of my seat!

PMBO is one of the best coasters in the UK!
Andyc Nemesis

Also when you have seen trouble at BPB? Never I hear you say? Are what a shame, no evidence to back up your point
When I was there last year there was a fight outside. And the atmosphere was a bit ruined after that.
So whats rita then?
Rita is a good ride, a little short, but good fun, great launch and a bit of air time in the middle. Think its a good ride, possible could have done more with it thougg.
Anonymous

When I was there last year there was a fight outside
There was a fight outside, therefore its not inside BPB.
Andyc Nemesis

[quote=""Bicko101""]
When I was there last year there was a fight outside
There was a fight outside, therefore its not inside BPB.[/quote]

Still, if thats what you see before walking into a park then it ruins the day for me.
Anonymous

Still, if thats what you see before walking into a park then it ruins the day for me.
Fair enough but wouldnt it be alot worse if you were in the fight?
John

Only kind of relevent to the original topic but here it is anyway:
My dad's company designed PMBO (but he wasn't personally involved sadly).
They also designed the antelope at gullivers world (warrington) - a kids wooden coaster that can't be operated in the rain, as the brakes don't always stop the train when they're wet.

The company has since been taken over twice so I'm not sure if they will design any more coasters in the future.
djtagada

is the company called allot and lomax as thay re-proffiled the pmbo in 1996
John

Thats the one, they're now part of the Jacobs Babtie group, after the most recent takeover, but they may have dropped the Babtie by now I'm not sure.
Beaver Dude

Rita has air time? Have you ever been on it? Because I have and didnt get a spot of air time, I get more on PMBO.

Rita is full of dull points, maybe because it doesnt do anything interesting, aka it goes round almost flat all the way, its sooooooooo boring.
I got no air time what so ever on PMBO. Plus how does Rita go almost flat? The bends on Rita are also pretty fun. PMBO is boring. TV programs go on about how good it is when in fact there's a much better coaster just opposite it. The Steeple Chase.
Anonymous

Plus how does Rita go almost flat?
Its not exactly tall is it? I wasnt referring to the helix turns, I was making a point that the sh!thole hardly up and down.

PMBO is not boring to many people, but you are obviously one of them annoying alton fanboys who doesnt see another park or ride outside AT as any good.
Beaver Dude

PMBO is not boring to many people, but you are obviously one of them annoying alton fanboys who doesnt see another park or ride outside AT as any good.
Of course I'm a fanboy even though I only visit AT once a year and I consider some parks better and I've said BPB is a great park and that the woodies are world class. PMBO just doesn't compare to these woodies any of the AT rides, any of the TP rides or even any of the CWoA rides. Vampire is better than the PMBO imo. Just accept that I think the PMBO is boring and imo Rita is a great coaster that's way better.
Adz
Admin
Admin

PMBO is not boring to many people, but you are obviously one of them annoying alton fanboys who doesnt see another park or ride outside AT as any goo
And your obviously one of those Pleasure Beach Fanboys who can't accept that some people don't like the pepsi max lame one.

Chill out guys ok, Everyones allowed a view on something.
Anonymous

And your obviously one of those Pleasure Beach Fanboys who can't accept that some people don't like the pepsi max lame one.

Yeah I am a Pleasure Beach fanboy and I dont care about other people being AT fanboys, the thing that annoys me is that alot of AT fans dont accept the fact theres other rides outside Alton Towers which are more and likely better than what AT have got, where as other fanboys aka Disney, BPB or DMP I dunno will at least take notice of other parks instead of judging there favourite park as the best because they havent been to others, thats my point.

Also theres no such thing as Pepsi Max Lame One.
imo Rita is a great coaster that's way better.
Rita's sh!t, theres my opinion.
Anonymous

[quote=""Bicko101""]

Yeah I am a Pleasure Beach fanboy and I dont care about other people being AT fanboys, the thing that annoys me is that alot of AT fans dont accept the fact theres other rides outside Alton Towers which are more and likely better than what AT have got, where as other fanboys aka Disney, BPB or DMP I dunno will at least take notice of other parks instead of judging there favourite park as the best because they havent been to others, thats my point.

Also theres no such thing as Pepsi Max Lame One.
imo Rita is a great coaster that's way better.
Rita's sh!t, theres my opinion.[/quote]

How can you segregate 'fanboys' in that way? You were talking to one person there. I don't understand how you can say 'oh, Alton Towers fanboys think AT is the best, better than all the rest', while 'Disney, PBB and DMP fanboys' don't?

He gave his opinion on The Big One. It's quite a popular opinion. Doesn't justify what you said.

Anyhoo, let's get back on topic.
oneads

hmmm, some people saying its lame, i wouldnt go that far yeh its a little rough and getting a little dated but it still has class. its the only coaster thats taken my breath away for so long, seriously could not breath going down the drop and until it got over the second hill, then all i did was curse round the rest of the track. also what makes this a sensational coaster is that if your in the back carridge the worst bit is when you see all the cars in front dive down to the right and you start speeding up and its seem your heading towards the pavement. this coaster can give such a rush purely because you dont have big OTSR on and its a lap bar and a plane belt give the sense of insecurity.
anyways love Valhaller as well, the flames and ice kick ass!