Towers Tastic Superfan comp - How many entering

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
SmilerLover

Hi guys.

I was just wondering how many people from the forums have entered the towers tastic superfan comp
Credit to NemesisRider for this awsome signature! :moj
Justin

Not yet, but will give it a go!
Tom170499

I have, I did it the on the first day! Haha :)
Sentri558

I don't like inside the UK so it sucks to be me I guess ;-;
Adam.W

I'm not entering just because I'm just too shy in real life :lol. Doesn't help when you have to talk at a camera and vlog on their announcement :lol.
I would if I didn't have to do the vlog, and maybe if it wasn't a video, as the lifetime fastrack is pretty desirable, you could use it on pretty much anything, and in future years to come. :)
neil&nikki

hey all i have just entered and thought i would post it here to see what you all think

Your journey doesn't start when you enter the park, its starts back when you buy your ticket. The excitement, anticipation all start to build as if your in the que for your favorite ride. You then enter the station, an early start to your day the car is parked, all aboard and buckled up and your off. You then see those magical gates welcoming you to the park you get your space and as you walk to the entrance you can hear the clink, clink, clink of the lift chain but you realize its just your foot steps. Woosh down you go the fist hill the speed, the thrill, the rush and your in for a day full of joys. Your in the park.

As you first walk or even run in you are met by the grand and majestic heart of the park. The Gothic towers themselves reflected in the beautiful lake giving them even more grandeur and presences. Watching the park grow and develop, like a mother watching their children, since 1801. Although no longer lived in you get the feeling that they are occupied not by beings alive or ghosts. They filled with the memories and emotions of the guests they have welcomed over the decades. The pirate child's trip on their ship, then down to the bottom of the briny see to see Sharkbait reef, The explorer that will get soaked navigating The Congo River Rapids and rush around the run away mine train looking for gold. The ghost buster that will explore the tomb on th13teen and Avoid the HEX of the towers and even battle the house in Duel. The thrill seeker that will take flight to air and see species from another world before plunging to oblivion.

Each laugh, giggle and scream is stored here and this is what brings the magical feeling to this beautiful English estate. So why i am i a super fan of Alton Towers because i am that pirate child, the explorer, the ghost buster and the thrill seeker and more. I have been to celebrate family, friendships, birthdays and engagements. When i return i see the younger me looking out from the towers and smiling as if i am looking at a reflection as it is always like my first visit. I had journeyed around the world in 80 days, traveled in time to see dinosaur and experience the ice age in all its spender.
It is rare that you find a place that you went to with your parents, then your friend and finally some day take your children too. With the memories of generations held within that grand Gothic structure it is no surprise Alton Towers will continue come up with new and exciting rides and experiences in the future.
Zach

It's good, it's really good. How ever I don't think it meets the object of the competition :/ in the nicest way possible, the way it's written is fantastic however it would more be suited to an English essay comp than this competition. The descriptions are great however bar the last paragraph it doesn't really describe why YOU are a super fan. It has to describe your passion for the park, why you love it, what makes it special to you and most of all why there's magic. I mean I may be wrong and I certainly don't know what they are looking for so it could be that. Anyway good luck!
neil&nikki

TheSmilerMan wrote:It's good, it's really good. How ever I don't think it meets the object of the competition :/ in the nicest way possible, the way it's written is fantastic however it would more be suited to an English essay comp than this competition. The descriptions are great however bar the last paragraph it doesn't really describe why YOU are a super fan. It has to describe your passion for the park, why you love it, what makes it special to you and most of all why there's magic. I mean I may be wrong and I certainly don't know what they are looking for so it could be that. Anyway good luck!
Thanks a lot greatly appreciated your feed back. It is a hard one as it doesn't state what they are looking for and the fact that prize is to blog a new experiences thats the way i though of it
Zach

neil&nikki wrote:
TheSmilerMan wrote:It's good, it's really good. How ever I don't think it meets the object of the competition :/ in the nicest way possible, the way it's written is fantastic however it would more be suited to an English essay comp than this competition. The descriptions are great however bar the last paragraph it doesn't really describe why YOU are a super fan. It has to describe your passion for the park, why you love it, what makes it special to you and most of all why there's magic. I mean I may be wrong and I certainly don't know what they are looking for so it could be that. Anyway good luck!
Thanks a lot greatly appreciated your feed back. It is a hard one as it doesn't state what they are looking for and the fact that prize is to blog a new experiences thats the way i though of it

Like I say it's open to interpretation :) so stick with what you've got, it's your interpretation, everyone has different ones and who knows your May stand out :)
Aidan Lowe

Super fan short list posted on Alton Towers youtube channel: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Jack

Buzzing right now, it isn't often you are featured in a video like that! congrats to people who made the shortlist as well! :)
Danny

Well done Jack, that's fantastic!
I'll be rooting for you and have my fingers crossed on Thursday :)
Adam.W

Jack, was that you who said 'I am the towers tactic superfan, some may beg to differ... But they are wrong' :lol
Aidan Lowe

Not really surprised of the Winner, shes constantly doing blogs/vlogs whatever and has the name Mollie Towers..

Congrats.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc