CBeebies Land Hotel

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Zach

I've seen a few places here and there that this hotel will only be accessible to residents of the hotel only, now comparing this to current procedures they have in place where guests can hop from hotel to hotel for entertainment/food/lesuirely stroll I can't help but wonder how they would enforce this as they can't exactly have door men a time the door :lol anyone else heard much of this or get any ideas?
Lee

Key card doors are a wonderful way of keeping non residents out of the hotel. I imagine they'll have hosts during peak times to greet guests as they do in ATH.

The hotel needs to be residents only due to its very nature. It would be uncomfortable for all if a random adult guest is sitting in the hotel without any children and no residency. It's a safeguarding nightmare otherwise.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

TowersTimes News have published a construction update from this weekend, with new shutters fixed to the front facade and landscaping continuing around the area.

timmy1372

The enchanted lodges were my new favourite thing last year, what's the impact on those with this new hotel? And I can't help but think the spa. Massively in the wrong place now.
Robert.W

I wouldn't have said that the Enchanted Village will suffer from the opening of the Cebeebies Land Hotel mainly because they cater for different markets and age ranges. If anything, I think that Cebeebies Land Hotel will steal more guests from Splash Landings Hotel than Enchanted Village.
I think as long as the spa is isolated enough from Cebeebies Land Hotel, I would say it is actually a good thing that is is situated in between both hotels.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

TowersTimes News has published a construction update from this weekend, with the hotel's opening now less than three weeks away. A selection of photos can be seen below, with more available in the article.

Count-Vonduel

Can anyone record a vlog of the new hotel for the 2 months its open before Merlin happens?
Aidan Lowe

Birmingham Mail have been allowed a sneak peak inside ahead of the opening next month. They need to get a move on, still seems a fair bit to do.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Robert.W

I'll  have to admit that, even though unfinished, it looks better in real life than in their bad computer mock-ups.

RobHand

I've been on resort for the last couple days, and I've noticed some construction of the signage at the entrance of the hotel, I haven't seen it spoken about yet so I took a picture to share with you guys. 

Not the best view as you can't get that close to it due to the gate restrictions. But you can see that the rainbow arch being applied by a frequently used company "Mercury Phillips Signs".
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As posted on TowersTimes Facebook, the menu for The Windmill Restaurant has now been released.

Rob
Admin
Admin

Nice to see a better kids selection which is to be expected. I hope that this is available across the rest of the hotel restaurants as the children menus is pretty dire at the moment.
Robert.W

I imagine it's a great menu for the childeren, but god help their parents! That is looking like an extremely limited food choice for adults! All the food choices sound fairly basic... I can see the reason for doing it all this way, but they have to remember people won't want do dine in a school canteen!

Aidan Lowe

Photo credit: @WireRevMtb 

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Dom

Car Park signage has gone up thanks to Leek Signs.

Photo's from Leek Signs FB page
theparklifekid

Should we talk about the price of this place? Because its quite expensive.

I did some research and based on a 1 night stay with 2 adults and 2 children sharing, it comes to a whopping £450!
You could get a lodge for nearly £150 less!

All I can say is I feel incredibly sorry for all parents that take their kids here, not cheap, screaming kids everywhere and probably having to listen to incredibly annoying songs, leaving you with a headache. But it must be worse for the people that will work there.....

Hopefully this is the last type of accommodation the park puts in, because its getting kinda ridiculous now....
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
ROYJESS

The current price will reflect the supply and demand, being a new hotel, the demand will be very high.  Give it a season or two and the price will drop.  The same happened with the Enchanted village.
hursty

theparklifekid wrote:Should we talk about the price of this place? Because its quite expensive.

I did some research and based on a 1 night stay with 2 adults and 2 children sharing, it comes to a whopping £450!
You could get a lodge for nearly £150 less!

All I can say is I feel incredibly sorry for all parents that take their kids here, not cheap, screaming kids everywhere and probably having to listen to incredibly annoying songs, leaving you with a headache. But it must be worse for the people that will work there.....

Hopefully this is the last type of accommodation the park puts in, because its getting kinda ridiculous now....
I did have a quick look today at the prices and it seemed to be within £50 of ATH

I had a tour of the hotel this weekend, and I must say I'm impressed! It's definite going to be popular, and I get the feeling it's going to be sold out (maybe just the standard rooms) at peak times.

The ambient music is IMAscore so it's not as relentless as say all the CBeebies theme songs back-to-back!
Danny

Looking at pictures online from over the weekend it does look like it's been done to an incredibly high standard! The small details and focus on the target demographic will be the biggest selling point for parents, even if they do need to take out a loan beforehand! :) 
Ladyofthelake

TowersTimes News now has a comprehensive review of the CBeebies Land Hotel following our visit on Saturday. The hotel is incredibly impressive with a very high standard of theming, extensive entertainment programme, and lots of little touches throughout which shows just how much thought has gone into every last aspect of the accommodation. Below are a few images from Saturday with more available in the article.