February Half Term Theme Park Opening 2016

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Zach

It was one that has been available for while, I can't see that it's fresh, so I think we should stay open minded...honestly cannot see half term opening happening
TH14TEEN

Probably can't see half term happening myself, although they are doing Christmas opening so who knows?
stealthsmiler

To me I could see why it wouldn't run this year. I would sacrifice this one event if it meant that there would be more time to get the park up and running at a high standard for the main season where most of the profits would come from. Plus with visitor numbers down they might want to make sure that the guests visit when the whole park is open to make more money. I can see it easily being cancelled this year but I definitely see it coming back the year after. If it does run I wouldn't be surprised to see it become more family orientated with literally only sonic , CL , mutiny bay (minus the water rides) and RMT running, with the rest of the park closed off for ease of improvements in those areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adam.W

Andy Mc wrote: Image
I think by this they meant they haven't got confirmed dates for FHT, not that it might not go ahead.
MakoMania

Its a bit more complicated in 2016 as FHT seems to be split up into two weeks for some reason. Some schools off 1st week some off 2nd week.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Dan

As Lewis has already posted further back in this topic, Alton Towers had previously listed 13th-21st February 2016 as the dates for their February Half Term event.

The fact they are now saying they have no confirmed dates suggests to me that they haven't yet reached a decision on whether FHT will go ahead, or if they have they aren't in a position to announce it yet.
MakoMania

Dan.N wrote:As Lewis has already posted further back in this topic, Alton Towers had previously listed 13th-21st February 2016 as the dates for their February Half Term event.

The fact they are now saying they have no confirmed dates suggests to me that they haven't yet reached a decision on whether FHT will go ahead, or if they have they aren't in a position to announce it yet.
What I was trying to say is they're not going to get the attendance from schools if half of them aren't even off.
Zach

lewis97 wrote:The 2015/16 Winter Short Breaks brochure still lists the February Half Term event as running 13th - 21st February 2016...
I can see it does but it confirms nothing, as if this was concrete they wouldn't be so vague on social media. I think we have to contemplate Feb half term may not be any longer happening.
Themeparksandy1981

They could still do it but only have the young family rides open like Cbeebies,Mutiny Bay,Cloud Cuckoo land,Sonic Spinball and maybe Duel and the runaway mine train.
Max

Been reported by those on park this weekend that the park will not be open for February half term.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Zach

Soo Feb half term isn't happening and has been replaced with a Pirate week in the hotels
Max

Unfortunately this isn't going to do anything as the hotel prices will inevitably be raised to enormous levels, coupled with no park access whatsoever will turn more people away than it will attract. Really quite disappointing as over the last few years they have had good events.
JonDoesTT

Such a shame it won't go ahead in 2016, it was a great way of riding a few of the larger coasters and getting a look at the park before the main open season. I'm quite disappointed :(

Credit to NemesisRider
looptheloop

As said this is quite disappointing, was considering going next year.
MakoMania

TheSmilerMan wrote:Soo Feb half term isn't happening and has been replaced with a Pirate week in the hotels
Where was this confirmed?
Max

Not officially but numerous people have reported hearing this from staff in both the hotel and park this weekend.
MakoMania

AT replied on twitter today saying that they don't have a confirmed ride line up for Feb 2016 but historically it is family rides and one or two thrill rides. Which suggests they think it is going ahead.
Dan

Themepark247360 wrote:AT replied on twitter today saying that they don't have a confirmed ride line up for Feb 2016 but historically it is family rides and one or two thrill rides. Which suggests they think it is going ahead.
They also usually have the dates confirmed by now. The fact they can't provide this information leads me to believe that the theme park FHT event won't be happening.
Enk27

I was on park today and didn't hear any confirmation either way. The dates for Feb Half term were confirmed - however the fact that the advert has gone from one advertising CBeebies (pre-scarefest in Towersstreet sky ride) to one advertising a pirate week (which happen all the time) is not a good sign.

Probably doesn't help that opening up Christmas to day guests hasn't brought in 1000s of guests (can't have been more than 400 today and that includes hotel guests)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Information for the Pirate and Princess Week during February Half Term has now been added to the resort's website.