February Half Term Theme Park Opening 2016

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
ROYJESS

So just the Sealife is the only attraction confirmed as opening during the FHT
lewis97
Admin
Admin

ROYJESS wrote:So just the Sealife is the only attraction confirmed as opening during the FHT
Effectively yes, although it's always open during the Pirate and Princess Weekends anyway.
MakoMania

My thoughts are that if they think they're not going to get enough visitors to justify a partial park opening then why did they go ahead with the Christmas park opening this year. That's basically the FHT lineup minus the 2 big coasters and a couple of other rides.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
lewis97
Admin
Admin

In previous years a similar selection of rides have always been available to Santa's Sleepovers guests, so by doing the same this year and then allowing day guests entry, that should help boost revenue with the aim of recouping some of their lost profits.
MakoMania

Good point but they have substantial exta costs with opening to day guests such as car parking staff, Sonic Spinball being open & Elves' Emporium staff/production costs.
Zach

Themepark247360 wrote:Good point but they have substantial exta costs with opening to day guests such as car parking staff, Sonic Spinball being open & Elves' Emporium staff/production costs.
All this would jave been available to Hotel guests anyway the only additional is the car park staff but thats one or two staff members, if that :) Elves would have been there for hotel anyway :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It has now been confirmed that the theme park will not open during February Half Term 2016. Pirate and Princess Week will be the extent of the resort's FHT event.
Speedy_no1

Bit crap but I'd rather them take extra time to get the park looking perfect for the new season/ fresh start.
ROYJESS

I've booked a few nights throughout next season at the resorts taking advantage of the early bird booking prices.

They sent me a link to their 2015 brochure which still advertises on page 11 the FHT "13th - 21st February 2016 Enjoy an action packed day or short break at the Alton Towers Resort. A great selection of rides and attractions will be open for all the family to enjoy – it’s the perfect winter escape!" Surely this is misleading/miss-selling if the park is not going to be open. They should have put a stop to this brochure.

https://altontowers.blob.core.windows.n ... ochure.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is their small print on the brochure "Alton Towers Resort reserves the right to make alterations to a booking but to no lesser value or quality."

Obviously the brochure has been out all season, I hope that Alton has notified and refunded all those that had pre-booked in advance for the FHT expecting the theme park to be opened as advertised.

They did this a few years back with regards to the first week of Halloween closing times suddenly change to an earlier time, but as much as they kept on deleting the advertisements with the opening times, I keep on finding the odd link still advertising the later closing times on their website, until they had no choice but to do a you turn on the closing times.
Sentri558

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rather interesting approach to informing people about this.

What do you guys think it could be all about?
Liam.W

I think this is the replacement for February half term, I think it is just based in and around the hotels. Rather have this instead of FHT so that the park can get ready and prepare for main season

EDIT: who the hell are those people in the video?
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Aidan Lowe

One would assume they are perhaps actors for the event?

If not then I'd probably keep my children (if I had one) away :D
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Morgan

Yes, those two people play Cook and Line, who will be appearing during FHT.
MakoMania

There are still loads of referances to the Feb half term theme park event across the website, for example, on the activities page there's a big banner saying 'Feb Half Term' with pictures of Oblivion and Sonic Spinball. They need to sort this out sharpish, people are going to be turning up and getting very angry!
Themeparksandy1981

They both off the program Swashbuckle which is shown on the Cbeebies channel