New Theme Park attraction(s) for 2016?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Aidan Lowe

You could even have 4 of the arms bright yellow in an X to represent X-Sector and the rest of the arms black so it fits in with the color scheme and zone. But chances are we won't see anything like this :(

With mists and strobe lightning this thing rocks in the evening: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so want to go to a decent fair like this.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
stealthsmiler

It would fit in with the theme of X sector better than the Dark Forest. The ride looks quite disorientating so could easily fit in with the MOJ theme. However I doubt it would happen and if it did - it would mean replacing the one thrill flat Alton will have left - and whilst I am all for replacing Enterprise (something I never go on) with a flat that I would ride, I would rather see new ones added along side Enterprise first.
theparklifekid

my opinion: it will be another 2011, nothing new, sw8 being built, only new thing will be a show.. (a bit like go go go show)
Stan.H

I would like AT to get a new ripsaw, a suspended one, like Talocan at Phantasialsnd. Or a very well themed flat, for Dark Forest or X-Sector as those areas lack things to do (only 2 coasters in each, if Smiler reopens).
Rob
Admin
Admin

Emporium wrote:I would like AT to get a new ripsaw, a suspended one, like Talocan at Phantasialsnd. Or a very well themed flat, for Dark Forest or X-Sector as those areas lack things to do (only 2 coasters in each, if Smiler reopens).
X-Sector has 1 flat ride, Enterprise.
Stan.H

Rob-TT wrote:
Emporium wrote:I would like AT to get a new ripsaw, a suspended one, like Talocan at Phantasialsnd. Or a very well themed flat, for Dark Forest or X-Sector as those areas lack things to do (only 2 coasters in each, if Smiler reopens).
X-Sector has 1 flat ride, Enterprise.
Enterprise isn't thrilling anymore, it should go.... If you don't believe look at the queue when you go!!
fitchy

There is one major problem with flat rides and that is the majority of them are designed for the traveling circuit rather than theme parks. Thorpe's flats tell allot to be fair they are complex and difficult to maintain and in many ways there is much more to go wrong with them in terms of life. The only 2 park models at Thorpe are rush and vortex everything else is designed to travel.

Agreed something like vortex could fit well in a couple of areas however due to the maximum heights towers suffers with i cannot see it happening.

The reason most older flats at towers have come and gone is due to maintenance issues.
Ryan.B

fitchy wrote:There is one major problem with flat rides and that is the majority of them are designed for the traveling circuit rather than theme parks. Thorpe's flats tell allot to be fair they are complex and difficult to maintain and in many ways there is much more to go wrong with them in terms of life. The only 2 park models at Thorpe are rush and vortex everything else is designed to travel.

Agreed something like vortex could fit well in a couple of areas however due to the maximum heights towers suffers with i cannot see it happening.

The reason most older flats at towers have come and gone is due to maintenance issues.
Someone forgot slammer ;) I reckon we might see robo arms at towers in the next few years, only one in the UK (Weston super mare) and they are pretty rare, but I'm doubting Alton will get a new ride for 2016 unless it's a flat ride which can be put up in under a week or doesn't need planning permission. I do reckon the ride before or after SW8 will be in dark forest though. I'm thinking it will be reasonably small, but thrilling.
Aidan Lowe

So yesterday I went to Blackpool Pleasure Beach and tried their new attraction Sky Force, here are a few points why Alton Towers totally need something like this:

• Quietness, this ride is sooooo quiet you'd wonder if it was ever running was it not for some laughter / screaming.
• Small footprint, takes up little room at all.
• A ride fit for all, the ride can be enjoyable for all age groups as you're individually seated and can be extreme or tame as you want.
• Has re-ride ability, it takes a few times to master how to spin. People will question how to do it properly and want to run around and re-queue to try again.
• Interactivity, rather than sitting in a seat looking pretty while the ride does everything for you. This allows you to be a part of the ride and how it moves.
• Competitiveness, friends wager against one another and overall everyone has bragging rights due to the ride keeping count of which arm does the most revolutions.
• Comfortable, the restraint system & seat are comfortable to be in so all guests feel snug & safe.
• Plenty of hang time, if your not fond of revolutions you can swing your lets call them a "gondola" to the point your upside down for ages, I occasionally went from the highest point of the ride to the ground in an inverted position for serious hang time.

This imo is the way forward with rides, bringing the rider into the mix on how the ride operates and having competitiveness. The only issue with this ride & Alton Towers is I don't see how it can be themed around any zone.
Ryan.B

Add a few more planes, put it in Katanga canyon themed around Cargo planes, and you have a quality new ride! I believe they're 72 ft tall so not sure where it could go if there was going to be one.
Adam.W

It could go in FV imo, typically merlin would have some rusty looking planes or whatever.
Ryan.B

Splits then they wouldn't have to reprint them! It's a win-win :lol
Stan.H

I would like something new in DF or KC, as they don't have much 'new' stuff or GV could do with something.
Aidan Lowe

Judging by this response it looks like there may be some nice addition:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've heard it on the grapevine that we will be expecting SW8 next year, is this true? I can't wait X

Alton Towers: Hi Anna, there are all kinds of exciting developments in store for next year!

yes but could that include a new coaster x

Alton Towers: You'll have to wait and see!
Obviously we know the roller coaster restaurant & updates to Air are happening. I'm taking from that response that there will be a thrilling investment for next year.
Ryan.B

Andy Mc wrote:Judging by this response it looks like there may be some nice addition:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've heard it on the grapevine that we will be expecting SW8 next year, is this true? I can't wait X

Alton Towers: Hi Anna, there are all kinds of exciting developments in store for next year!

yes but could that include a new coaster x

Alton Towers: You'll have to wait and see!
Obviously we know the roller coaster restaurant & updates to Air are happening. I'm taking from that response that there will be a thrilling investment for next year.
Wait for it... NEW FOR 2016- Spinball Whizzer and Log Flume! I have a feeling a retheme on one ride over closed season will take place.
Liam.W

With the flume closing early this season it's a possibility!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

stealthsmiler

TBH. Although it might not be the cheapest with how raised of the ground it is. The flume being rethemed could be good. Is there actually anything wrong with the ride. Like could it operate easily for more years?? My only dislike with the ride is the long boring bit however of this was well themed, it wouldn't be boring. And if completely overhauled with a pre show etc. This could be a nice new family attraction to take some focus off of the Smiler. It seems like a lot for one year however AT needs it to bring people back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryan.B

I have a feeling the flume and tidal wave will be getting re themed/refurbished rather than because of low ridership. Why not close loggers and rumba at Thorpe if low ridership is the case, or battle galleons and Congo RR as the flume got queues and still is at the moment, battle galleons doesn't get queues barely ever. Definetly think it's getting something new. Think this years going to be a general spruce up and rethemes as well as the air shop.
stealthsmiler

TBH. I think the park needs to be updated. There are lots of parts that look outdated and run down. Alton needs to maintain older rides more like keeping effects going. I am definitely excited about FV future with Air getting an update and SW8. Nemesis and Sub Terra are pretty solid and Ripsaw and Blade going. This looks like it's going to be a strong area of the park. I honestly hope CCL is next on the list for retheme and revamp because IMO it lets the park down. I'd love to see AT move more towards heavily themed rides and experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Air15

Maybe we could be seeing another Cebeebies land expanison again with sonic being rethemed into the theme of cebeebies and the Mutiny Bay roller coaster on the flume site