New Theme Park attraction(s) for 2016?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
xylyx

As they're pressing ahead with all major investments I'm hoping it's more than just the restaurant and the air enhancements. Something new to ride would be wonderful.

As for the effect of the Smiler crash it shouldn't be overstated, as long as they make sensible decisions , and so far they've done so, in a pure business sense they can absorb the losses and move on. Consider the profit warning: they think they're"only" going to make as much as last year. Atm we're too close to it, it's only been two months, give it a year or so and I doubt many of the gp will even remember.

They'll be back to complaining about the high prices and the odd surly staff membber.
DrummerSam

TH14TEEN wrote:Why do you keep saying "enjoy the rides if you can and it may not be like this forever" in every single comment?
its a signature that's why

Enjoy the rides if you can and it may not be like this forever.
Aidan Lowe

OT: But signatures on this forum appear below the like button on members posts so your clearly pasting it below your written text on each post.

Go to Settings > Profile > Edit Signature
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
BenBowser

I reckon we might get a new flat or two in Dark Forest. With death knocking on both The Blade and Ripsaw's doors, the park could well be looking into re-purposing the land once occupied by the UG Swinger.

Obviously we will also see Air's refresh and new restaurant.
Ryan.B

Isn't that area a bit full, I don't think we'll see a flat there, but there has been tree clearance at the back of the dark forest, I guessing it's either for nox infernus or new flats.
stealthsmiler

I think one or two could be squeezed in. One at the bottom for sure.
Ryan.B

Topscan themed as branches maybe? I'd say robo arms.
stealthsmiler

I think a topscan themed to some sort of saw/cutting device could work. Story could be that it is designed to be fighting back the trees of the Dark Forest.
DrummerSam

I can only see that they might just be making a space in 2016 for SW8 in 2017 anyone else believe this maybe be possible?

Enjoy the rides if you can and it may not be like this forever.
Ryan.B

Andy Mc wrote:OT: But signatures on this forum appear below the like button on members posts so your clearly pasting it below your written text on each post.

Go to Settings > Profile > Edit Signature
Drummer Sam, this is how you set a signature ^^^
stealthsmiler

SW8 will be 2017. First of all if Merlin are making such a huge investment into Thorpe's new dark ride, they will want that to be the focus of the year. 2016 will see the construction of the coaster. and 2017 will be Alton's year. My concern now is the lack of flat rides Alton is going to have. There's more to a theme park that good coasters, they need good flat rides to support them.

Is it possible that Alton could still get a new flat ride or two for 2016? They could open these as well as the Smiler to distract the attention of the Smiler opening. Do they need planning permission for smaller flat rides? and if they do, is there time for them to submit plans and open the ride next year??
Ryan.B

It depends on location, size and planning, some flats can be constructed in a couple of days, some in a couple of weeks, and some in a couple of months. Depending on what they want, they could definitely get flats for 2016.
TH14TEEN

Firstly, I cannot see us getting a flat in DF. I'd think we'll see one on the submission site, and that's it, with smiler reopening.
Dom

If one is to go on the Submission site, than i doubt it will be anything spectacular. AT do need more flat rides but with the lower attendance currently being experienced by the park i highly doubt we will see a new ride in the park unfortunately. I think they will focus all their attention on making the park even more family friendly and try to regain the general publics confidence.

I personally would love to see a new flat added to the park, as it does desperatly need one, but if they were to add one, i doubt it would be anything spectacular and it would probably be a low key addition, so i doubt they will actually go out of their way to advertise it.
Aidan Lowe

Even something like this would fit nicely in X-Sector either around Submission site or if they removed Enterprise and is as thrilling as either Submission / Enterprise was without being too high or taking up much space.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Off-ride: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PS: if you like crazy fair rides check the guys channel out.
stealthsmiler

OMG - I love using that ride in my RCT3 parks! Ive always wanted to go on one. I thought when I saw it in game that one of them would be perfect for Alton Towers as it looks thrilling and isn't too tall
Adam.W

I think the footprint for that ride is a tad too big for submission's site, submission was pretty small and something like that may be a bit too big. As much as I'd like it I doubt AT would get one :)
stealthsmiler

Too big for Submission, but what about Enterprises site?
Aidan Lowe

stealthsmiler wrote:Too big for Submission, but what about Enterprises site?
Imo it would be a much better substitute, Enterprise needs going soon imo, it doesn't pull great crowds in. The loading and RPH is slow especially if everyone wants to have a carriage to themselves. This holds like 40 people at one time, everytime, obviously the thing needs to lift up, start rotations and have its ride time so may be a tad longer than Enterprise current ride time.
MakoMania

To me it looks like it would fit well behind Rita where the picnic benches are now.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]