Galactica - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Tom170499

Ryan.B wrote:Nemesis' home planet could be involved if it is space themed ;)
I really like this idea
Aidan Lowe

Only problem with adding VR to an existing coaster is how much storytelling / experience can you fit into a short duration ride? For a ride which is long like The Smiler VR would be awesome but can't see it being that great for shorter duration rides.

Quite a lot of people are thinking it has to be some sort of sponsorship / IP as why would they invest money to update an aging coaster with new theme / tech just for the sake of it?
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Ryan.B

To fit it in with a new coaster ;)
Aidan Lowe

Ryan.B wrote:To fit it in with a new coaster ;)
Air didn't really have a theme before why would a new coaster make them decide to give it one now? :)

We'll see anyway, I'm interested to see closed season happenings.
TH14TEEN

The worlds first VR white knuckle roller coaster? :P
xylyx

Closed session will be the tell, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Still think that I'd they do any sensory tech it will be AR rather than VR that way you don't lose the space used by the ride itself and I presume it would be a fair bit cheaper to implement.

Lol though I'm happy to stand corrected...
Owen

Andy Mc wrote:
Ryan.B wrote:To fit it in with a new coaster ;)
Air didn't really have a theme before why would a new coaster make them decide to give it one now? :)

We'll see anyway, I'm interested to see closed season happenings.
Oblivions theme was slightly revised in order for the smiler, in fact the entirety of X-Sector was! So it wouldn't surprise me too much :)
ShoesU

Maybe they could turn it into a launched flying rollercoaster to give a plane take off style feel, and therefore shorten ride time and speed up throughput? Uphill launch like space mountain dlp would be awesome
Aidan Lowe

Do we believe the VR/AR suggestion or are we merely looking into the new banner too much?

Lets take what we know as fact, we know a food loop is coming to ATR next year and structurally the whole area is changing including some theming in the surrounding area.

Now the banner saying #watchthisspace could be meant literally. This space/area will forever change from what you know. Now to the GP not a lot of them would know of their future plans for this area, its only people who have taken an interest know whats being planned.

The future is here... prepare for a new flight. Now this could be simply down to the way the food is delivered to tables. Apart from the Food Loop at Europa Park I don't know of any other brand/chain who delivers food quite like this (so its kind of the future) .. and in a way your food takes flight around the room to your table.

I'd like to think more is happening but I'm sticking for now with we've delved too much thought into the detailing of the banner and created our own ideas to what may be happening.
Owen

I have a pretty secure feeling we may be seeingVR and some sort of space theme - not too fond of the idea however I see this being very likely...
xylyx

Personally I think we're reading into the banner too much, I would be surprised if they tack on VR or AR as it would slow everything down, even with some kind of adjustable visor on the harness it would make dispatch a nightmare.

I'm also in the camp that thinks watch this space is literal :) though I would be intrigued by a space theme. I like the fizzy AT logo, and that piques my interest, as well as the choice of colour scheme.
Justin

I personally hopes it ties in more with the Nemisis story more, but we shall see. Happy Valley could tie in with the theme too.

Great times ahead.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I don't think it's been mentioned in here yet that there are new sleeves for Air's ORPs, which feature the glowy Towers logo on the front, with a space-type background across the rest of it.
MakoMania

What are ORPs?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Owen

Themepark247360 wrote:What are ORPs?
On ride photos :)
Adam.W

Not sure if this is relevant, but I saw some yellow markings a lot like the ones near air at the bottom of nemesis' vertical loop. Not sure if it's related to the enhancements or not though.

MakoMania

They have been there since March :lol
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Tom

I noticed those at the weekend, I think these markings are just a visual indication to staff walking in that area so that they avoid bumping their heads.
Prepare4Air

If Air is going to have a space re-theme I would imagine VR headsets would work really well - making you think you're flying through space, perhaps?

Plus, the space theme fits in with the #watchthisspace