TT Summer Sizzler 2015 - Reviews & Feedback

Archive for past events.
Rob
Admin
Admin

Please leave your reviews and feedback for our 2015 Summer Sizzler event below.

Did you like having a later event start?

Did you think it was better to have a mid afternoon talk?

What would you like to see on a future event?
ridelove

I found the event to be more than I had anticipated. The ride takeovers were incredibly fun and from the event, I feel more at home on the forum, with friends and knowing how to operate it.
I think the talk was at the right time of the day, it wasn't too early (we got lots of ride time and met each other) and it wasn't too late (people still had lots of energy and it left time to apply newfound knowledge to the other rides).
The later start meant that we had time to have lots of rides on the chosen ride, but we didn't have to get up too early.
A future event I would like to see would be maybe a talk on the design & physics of the rides.Or maybe a tour of the garden/towers so we could see behind the scenes that make up the background.
I'd also like to give a shout out to Robster who gave me interesting info on the history of rides and inside tips, and on my last note, thanks Chris who made me feel really welcome and made this day so great.
Ridelove
All glory to the Wardley god.
Jack

I have never got home more tired from an event or with my voice barely working. And this isn't for any bad reason either as this was one of the best events I have been to! It never ceases to amaze me how good TTSP events are becoming!
Robster

graet event everything went to plan great seeing so many new members and meeting even more interesting people. Great presentation and question and answer section and ride takeovers well done team thank you again robster
Credit to NemesisRider
Morgan

That has to be the best park-trip I've had in years! Everyone was so friendly and the ERT was awesome and the Q&A was very interesting.
By later event start, I assume you mean the Q&A. It had a perfect start time! It was a nice break from running around the theme-park, but by the time we got out we still had enough energy.
At future events, I'd love to have more ERT's and some behind-the-scenes tours.
I hope to see you at the next one!
MakoMania

Amazing event and my first ever TTSP event! Was a lot more organised than I thought so thanks Michelle & the entire TTSP team! ERT on Oblivion and Sonic Spinball was amazing, managed 6 on Oblivion and 16 on Sonic Spinball! Thanks for a great event & interesting talk as well. Next event ERT on Nemesis & Th13teen? :-)
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
NemesisRider

Wow. What can I say? This was my favourite event so far, possibly even my best day ever on park at Alton Towers. The ERTs were great, the talk was interesting and everyone I chatted with was incredibly nice.

Firstly, thank you to Rob, Michelle and everyone else who helped in the planning or supervising of the event (even though you thought I might repeat last Sizzler's incident on Sonic Michelle! ;)) The day ran very smoothly and there was no time where I was confused about what was happening.

I spent the morning with the main group where we did the main coasters plus The Blade and I had a blast! The Oblivion ERT was awesome, especially as it's my No.1 coaster and I squeezed in 6 rides. I spent my afternoon with the Hex Crew and we did some rides together. I just want to say it was great talking to you all, especially with the insane session on barrel 5! I hope you all recovered from that! :lol

Sonic ERT was also fab, even though I took a bit of a bruising from 10 rides! :P To add, it was good to have a chat with everyone at the social, even if I did leave before the superhero dance arrived! ;)

Despite a bit of a hiccup regarding a bag and Battle Galleons it was an absolutely smashing day! Roll on SMN! The events just keep getting better and better! :D
Alex

Just got home after another brilliant weekend with TTSP. Thanks to the team for arranging the exclusives, an hour on Spinball was more than enough!

It was good to meet up with everyone from previous meets but also was nice to see and chat to new members. As with Smilefest it was good that the majority of the group stuck together and once again the Blade takeover was hilarious!!

Once the meet was over it was nice to see so many members stuck around for the social and the usual superhero dance, which filled the stage! Zach also deserves a mention for his performance of the Greece megamix, ably assisted by Dan C and a few others.

Thanks once again to everyone who was involved with arranging the meet and to all the members who were there that made it so brilliant. Looking forward to SMN and SMS already!
alicheesy

Top notch day! The ERTs were great and the slightly later start was better. It was also good to have the talk in the afteroon as a break.

I managed to talk quite a lot for me (mostly to Alex) and it was good speaking to people I already know and a little bit to people that are new to me. *confidence slightly increases*

I think after barrel 5 and sticking out the hour on sonic, I can survive anything :lol

Thanks to the team for organising it and everyone for accepting me and my awkwardness and being my fwend (yey!) Hope you enjoyed the cookehs and jaffa cakes!

(PS I vote X ERT for a TP event even though no-one else would want that :sus: )
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
Luce

Well, what can I say - an amazing meet with fantastic people and thank you to everyone for making it such a great day. There are many highlights including the Blade takeover as mentioned but also the ERTs and additionally the talk/Q&A was very informative.

It was lovely to meet new members as well which I always enjoy as it's good to put a face to the username :)

Also, Alice's cookies were really tasty :)

Roll on the next meet!
Max

First time at a TTSP event, and most definitely not the last! My dad and I came, not really knowing anyone, but everyone we spoke to was extremely welcoming and friendly, which added to the experience. Oblivion ERT was fantastic, and even though we had to leave as the 4 hour drive home was awaiting, the part of the ERT we got on spinball was great. We decided to do our own thing during the day, but joined everyone on the thirteen takeover. :D I found the talk to be really informative and another highlight of the day. I know we didn't really talk to many people, and in case anyone wondered who I was in the group, I was the one sporting the Space Mountain top :) Special thanks to all of the team for organising the event to a faultless level. Will 100% be at an event in the future.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Capt.Barnacles

There's nothing I can possibly say that hasn't already been said. TTSP events just get better every time! Spending three days on resort gave me plenty of time to spend with various people, both existing friends and new faces, and I've loved every minute of it. There's so many brilliant moments from the whole weekend that listing them would take too long, so I won't bother with that but I'll just say Alice's cookehs are worth a try :P Having all the exclusives spread out over the day made it a nice relaxed event day, meaning there was no rush to get everything done. Big thank you to all the team for putting it together and pulling another great event off, roll on Scaremazing South!
girlgooner

Again an Awesome event.
I loved every second as usual. Oblivion ERT was amazing and reminded me of the original season Sizzler. I think the later Q&A was a definite win saved on the rushing as much in the morning & think this worked better/well for the biggest majority of people who attended the event and would like to see it on an afternoon more often.
The afternoon ERT on Sonice was brilliant I only managed a few rides as after the last south meet I got injured lol.

Thanks again to everyone who organised the meet I love these events(as I am sure you all know) cannot wait until SMS event before the weekend didn't think I was going but alas I am woohoo!!!

Thanks again TT xxxx
Dan

Another fantastic event, a massive thank you goes out to everyone involved in putting these together :)

I thought the later start time and talk during the day worked well, as it helped keep energy levels reasonably high throughout the day, whereas with earlier starts a lot of people are nackered by mid-afternoon.

The exclusive ride sessions were brilliant. Oblivion is a great way to start the day and I enjoyed a good 6/7 rides during the half hour we had it to ourselves.

As always with TTSP events there are too many highlights to be able to remember them all. The Blade takeover is always highly entertaining, and a decent spin on barrel 5 was a good warm-up for the Sonic ERT (during which there was some seriously intense spinning thanks to some very uneven weighting of the cars :D )

All in all it was another memorable weekend with an awesome group of people and I can't wait to do it all again at ScareMazing South.

See you all there!
African Drummer

Hi All
Really enjoyed the weekend :D
My 6th TTSP event :clap:
Later start really suited us, as we stay in a farm house down the road and hate having to rush the fantastic cooked breakfast.
ERT's great, maybe hour too much on sonic, but managed 5 spins before I got toooo dizzzy.
Last year I was a bit of a bystander as I could not go on many rides due to health problem.
Making up for it this year and enjoying most rides for the first time round with TTSP.
Love meeting and chatting with you all :D
I apologize if any of you have caught my summer cold and throat bug....sorry :cry:
I keep threatening to teach some of you to play African Drums, might just put some in the boot for Scarefeast social :love: :lol
Great event, great people, great TTSP Team.
:love: :p) :p) :p) :p) :p)
Chris
Admin
Admin

Thanks to you all for coming! Had a ball..
Justin

Great event as usual, so a big thank you to all the team and to those who who attended. It was great to see so many friends again, along with some brand new faces!

The later start was nice as we also got into the park quicker which meant that we got more action straight away. Obivion ERT was excellent and well worth the reride! As some mentioned, the Q&A was good in the afternoon as it provided a break!

The ride takeovers were excellent, expecially on Blade, and the River Rapids was great, apart from the odd cup of water coming down from the bridge above. Thanks Dan.N and Zach! :)

After my experiences on Dragon's Fury, I sat out after one ride on Sonic Spinball as it was just to much spinning for me. 30 minutes was plenty last time but 1 hour would be to much on this particular ride. This aside it was great to see everyone else enjoying themselves!

The social was great as usual, with the Superhero song being a particular highlight!

Counting down to SMS and SMN!
Martin

So many moments and fond memories to take away once again from the 2015 Summer Sizzler.
A big "THANK YOU!" from me, to each and every one of YOU that attended this years event because it is you, our members and enthusiasts, that make these days special and memorable for me.
The smiles, the laughter, the fun and the games and the enjoyment that we all have on these special days really do make them worth while.
I for one absolutely cannot wait for ScareMazing South and North to do it all over again.
Cheers everyone. You're the best :)
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
smerh

Well better late than never only just finally recovered from this years' Summer Sizzler and what a brilliant time was had. Arriving at the gates of Alton Towers at 8:30am the visible crowd of fellow TowersTimes members, everyone was wide awake, smiley faced and greeting each other. Checked in with the group, collected our stuff and heading to Oblivion for 30 minutes, or 6 rides of ERT, it was amazing. The ride to ourselves, no queuing and having a joke with random members and staff. From there it was general access around the park, and with the freedom to stay together and do ride takeovers or just wander around by yourself (or in your group) it's great. Staying with the group you speak to people you wouldn't normally meet, and unfortunately the day flies by. Once the park closes, it's far from over, back to the hotel and the social begins, fun, games, dances, drinks and food makes for an interesting night
Can't wait for the next ones, Scare Mazings here we come, looking forward to meeting more new people and catching up with those I've already met

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Michelle

Well what can I say!
Summer Sizzler this year was a fabulous event, I loved every second.
Thanks to everyone who made it so much fun, apologies for my hyperactive jumping around behind the check-in desk in the morning and anyone who may have been partially deafened by my shouting the next intended location :lol
The ERT's on Oblivion and Spinball were so much fun - though you all deserve medals for the efforts on what may have been the spinny-est of all rides on Spinball ever! Twice was quite enough for me :lol
I found the talk to be really interesting, Ash and Gaz were fab and such nice guys.
I've got to say though, there was a bit of a dampener on the afternoon... namely ZACH! pouring water on us poor unsuspecting souls whilst we were happily riding the Rapids :lol
Alices cookies were delicious even though I didn't join in that particular feature of the event until after she had gone home :D
The Social in Margs was the loudest and biggest I've seen it, thanks all of you crazy lot who stayed on and joined in, I think the other hotel guests appreciated the extra entertainment that we provided :) I have videos on my phone which can be shown on request at the next event hehe ;)

Overall I just want to say thank you to every single one of you who attended, it's brilliant to see so many people returning for their second/third/sixth event because it's you guys and your enthusiasm which makes these events so much fun to do, here's to next time - more ride takeovers, more madness and hopefully, more of Alice's baking :lol

Now my review is finally up, I guess I should probably go and unpack...