The Future of Towers Street

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
RollercoasterRob

Alton Towers won't ever move the park entrance. It would make no sense at all. First of all they would have to build the entrance and build a place for guests to buy merchandise. Moving it over to the area I between Gloomy Wood and Forbidden Valley would make no sense either as it would give a few crowd control issues.

Most theme parks are specifically designed so that all the larger, more popular rides are near the sides or the back of the park so as to spread the crowds out. Having the entrance near some of the parks most major rides would cause huge crowd problems.

And finally, what would happen to Towers Street? The classic entrance buildings up to the lawns and the towers up in the distance! What I like to call "The Alton Towers Experience" would be completely gone in place of an ill themed and located, problematic and costly entrance at the other end of the park. And one more thing, Cebeebies Land was built purposely near the entrance so that the young would not have to walk as far to the rides. Fancy making the parents drag there moaning children all the way through Gloomy Wood, Katanga Canyon, Mutiny Bay to Cebeebies Land. All these problems about moving the park entrance because of what? A faulty monorail which can easily be fixed at a much lower cost?

Alton Towers will definatley not be moving the entrance any time soon!
ArchitectOfPain

This ^^

I cannot believe this debate even still exists.
Themeparksandy1981

I reckon just like during the fireworks event have multiple exits around the park that only open after the rides close. Like in FV you exit by Air and KC&GW you can exit either into the coach park or back of Duel. For CCL,DF,XS and CB you use the main entrance.
jaybee85

SJW wrote:A change is coming, they won't continue to put up with the running costs of the Monorail forever.
As someone who doesn't drive, and only comes to the park by public bus (the same one many of the staff get, that stops right near the entrance), I genuinely hadn't considered that the Monorail served any kind of practical purpose lol.

I guess it kinda makes sense having access at the other end of the park then. They probably will do that at some stage.

I'm not the biggest fan of Towers Street, it's always felt a bit naff to me, trying too hard to be like Disney.
But wow what a well orchestrated view.