The Future Of Th13teen

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Stan.H

I couldn't find a topic like this, so here it is... The Future Of Th13teen!!
Alex

Does a ride that's only 5 years old need a topic like this? It won't be going anywhere any time soon!
Stan.H

Alex wrote:Does a ride that's only 5 years old need a topic like this? It won't be going anywhere any time soon!
I mean like ATR adding features and theming to the ride!! :D
wakey1512

Alex wrote:Does a ride that's only 5 years old need a topic like this? It won't be going anywhere any time soon!
    I think the age of the ride is largely irrelevant when you consider that a 2 year old ride is currently in the firing line and one I'd consider to be gone well before th13teen.
    Alex

The Smiler is totally different to 13, I doubt that comment would have been made if the incident today hadn't of happened.
    wakey1512

Perhaps not but I doubted it's longevity beforehand.
    humanshifter

I love Th13teen! The only thing I think I'd change would be the electric orb in the queueing area near the station... not sure if it's just me but I feel it doesn't fit with the rest of the theming that well. Or is it part of the rollercoaster's story I've missed? :? :D
    Ryan.B

I can't see much changing in the next few years, apart from the scaffolding gone.
    TheOutpatient

humanshifter wrote:I love Th13teen! The only thing I think I'd change would be the electric orb in the queueing area
    The electric orb? Is that what they are calling it now lol. Its a Tesla coil.
    I think they should replace the plexiglass with actuall glass as its clearer(I think its plexiglass anyway).
    1 time I went, this kid wouldn't go near it, he was that scared of it. They told him he couldn't go on the ride if he didnt go past it so I spoke up and said cant he go through the baggage holding and they let him through there.
    TheBeast

Lol I still look away from it when I walk past! However, in my eyes it is the best part of the ride...anyways...

I expect a reasonable number of years for Thirteen, but I couldnt say I expect anything over 15. The ride is too stop/start if that makes sense; it is really unreliable. In an area coupled with an Intamin Accelerator, you can safely call the area's reliability bad at best... there have been days where neither have worked for the whole day. Once newer and more reliable models come out, I expect a replacement tbh
    Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
    TH14TEEN

As I'm sure we can tell, I'm a massive fan of the ride. It doesn't need much done to it, in fairness. Not much you can do. Theming is some of the finest on park, too.
    Themeparksandy1981

I think before it does it will have a another theme if they decide to get rid of the poor Dark Forest theme and a replacement of Rita.
    NemesisRider

must admit, while the rest of Dark Forest is incohesively themed, Th13teen is well themed. Whilst there is some scaffolding on it, it fits much better than on Rita.

I think Th13teen has a long life ahead of it. Whilst Rita could eventually be replaced, 13 should keep its theme. 13 fills a gap and it is significantly better than Sonic in my opinion. I reckon it could go maybe even 20 years without a significant change like a retheme.
    xylyx

Love thirteen, I know ATR won't be asking my opinion when it comes to its future but I would definitely miss it. The queue line is creepy and great, the theming in general is fantastic. Weaving through the forest at night during scarefest is an awesome experience...it's a ride I always think of fondly :)
    Adam.W

Yeah, I'd agree, the theming is good, but perhaps some on ride theming would make it perfect, perhaps some overgrown ruins, and then it's great. The only bit im not too keen on it by the first drop, it looks like there's a dirt road there and sort of kills it. I'd like it if there were a few near misses and adding more trees to the first drop bit.
    xylyx

Oooh yeah a spooky head chopper or something on that first drop would be a welcome addition.
    thi3teenloverboy14

As you can tell i really enjoy the ride. I rate it as my number 1 like Nemesis. I enjoy them both for what there like.

The ride is excellently themed and i do like the queue. The indoor queue for me is the best themed. The drop is aswell but you don't get time to look at it as the drop is almost imediate. I agree with people saying some more track theming it needs it and headchoppers would do excellently. I really dont like the fact that every 60 seconds Rita hurtles round the track whilst your waiting it takes the atmesphere away.

I could not see them removing this ride. It's modern and great for families and those getting ready for 1.4m rides. Like me i started on this and moved onto Air then Nemesis!
    RobHand

I remember the feeling i got the first time I rid "Th13teen" and the excitement of the unknown and uncertainty of the ride (being the free fall). And as much as I am a fan of the ride, i feel the excitement is lost whilst riding it again as you know what to expect, and it worries me that in years to come the ride will be referred to as "timid" as the thrill factor has been lost compared to other rides within the park.

This is just my opinion, however I am aware the ride has been in operation for some years and is clearly doing just fine as of now!
    Aidan Lowe

Its certainly nice during scarefest as its literally pitch black but yea it lose its appeal imo for re-rides.
    Formerly known under username Andy Mc
    jessiejuju

I love th13teen, must have been on like 100 times and it still excites me. I think the themeing is amazing I don't really understand the Tesla Coil in the indoor queue section but apart from that I love the themeing, it's shame that the rest of the area isn't as well themed.
    Last edited by Dom on Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Spelling