Busch Gardens Tampa

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Williscroft

Im must say i do have to agree with Xx King of Speed xX, on this one and that dosent happen very often lol :lol: But from videos i think the ride would be a bit of a let down realy. The first vertical drop looks like theres only about 3 meters of vertical-ness and then it starts swooping round. I dont like the way the first drop dosent go in to a hole and just gose flt to the floor almost. The second drop seems like theres no vertical-ness at all. The only bit that i think is ace is the inversion and the splash down. Im probably totaly wrong and the ride would probably be amazing but personaly from the videos ive seen i think Oblivion seems more scary and thrilling. :D
Anonymous

I am going in July and can't wait to ride this it looks amazing.
notts nat

i have just come back from florida and i rode it it was amazing way better than oblivion it was soo smooth the que was less than an hour long
Rollercoaster 4 Life

:!: I've been on sheikra :!: and it's ace i went in may/june and i went on it twice just some info for you.

Sheikra is named after an african hawk. You first get in the queue and you can tell it new because there isn't a proper line for when it gets busy.

I waited about 45 mins the first time and 40 mins second time. You get to the front of the queue and then you sit down and prepare for flight, you climb a lift hill up 200ft and at 45 degrees and you reach the top, then you stop, look over the edge and about 3 seconds later you get dropped.

200ft down into an immelmann loop and then into a second drop, this is into a hole, and then you come out of the other end in to a splash pool, and just to clear this up, its supposed to make you feel like you are and eagle, so this water zone isn't supposed to get you wet, but if you are on the back row your legs will get wet. Also the people stand below the track just after the splash zone will get soaked as the water comes over the edge. You do all this at 70 MPH. Just to clear this up, what causes the splash is there are two sort of funnels on both sides of the trains at the back and they hit the water causing the water to go up them and make the water come out the other end.

Ask me any questions you want and i will gladly answer them and if you want info on any Disney Parks in Florida or Universal theme parks in Florida or Busch Garden Tampa Bay info just ask me. :mrgreen:
Yesterday\'s the past, tomorrow\'s the future, but today is a gift. That\'s why it\'s called the present.

PSN ID]Bankzy108
Add me if you want!
duncs

Just got back from Florida. Went on Sheikra twice with zero queue both times :D. Definately rated as one of the best coasters I went on in Florida but closely beaten by Montu.

Unfortunately, I can't compare to Oblivion as I had previously too scared to go on a dive machine :oops: Having said that, It was tamer than I imagined. I think the thrill of dive machines is mostly down to the fear of the vertical drop rather than the drop its self. I would say that about 80 foot of the drop is vertical but about 150ft is as near vertical as makes no difference.
Anonymous

Can someone tell me how do sheikras and oblivions drops compare, if you have been on both.
ashayling

I went on this ride twice back in July. It is amazing! Loads better than Oblivion. I liked the way it had more than one drop (second one not so good) wasn't has half as noisy as Oblivion going up the lift hill and the water feature. Queued 45mins for it. Also I may be wrong but, I think the cars are different. Even on the back row you can see straight down whereas on Oblivion you can't. Trouble is they don't offer front row seating via a separate though.
Anonymous

Wow Wow! Oh my god, it looks so amazing, i got a hype just from watching the video!
CGM

Everyone is saying that there is so little vertical track. It has just as much as Oblivion's. If you look at the first drop and then imagine that the lower half is underground, then it would look very simular to Oblivion's but maybe a bit deeper
Anonymous

This ride looks great, but i have been told it aint what it looks. Been told oblivion is better. The videos make this ride look great and i cant wait to ride so i can judge this ride.
Dana

I rode Sheik'ra twice on Boxing day. We went to Busch Gardens and took the adventure thrills tour (highly recommend as you don't have to que for the rides, you just walk up the exit with the guide and ride them as many times as you want!) We rode Sheik'ra twice, once front seat and then back seat. Although it was an amazing ride I guess I was expecting more. The drops didn't feel as intense as Oblivion or as high (although I know they are) but I did like going straight into the loop after the 1st drop. We bought the DVD of us on the ride which was a fun reminder of our day there. I would definately ride it again, and I'm sure it is a lot better for people who have not ridden dive machines before, I guess I am just too used to the sensation after riding oblivion so many times.
Anonymous

I have been to busch gardens and have to say that whilst the park was stunning the ride was not really up o much.
Ketchup

[quote=""Stealth2006""]This ride looks great, but i have been told it aint what it looks. Been told oblivion is better. The videos make this ride look great and i cant wait to ride so i can judge this ride.[/quote]

You must of been told that by an uber fanboy.
I guarantee when you ride it you will enjoy it more than Oblivion.

SheiKra beats Oblivion in every catergory possible with the exception of Oblivion's tunnel.

1. It's taller.
2. It has an inversion.
3. It has two vertical drops.
4. It has a water splash.
5. It feel's longer than 10 seconds.

And please don't give me all that Oblivion is all about the suspense and theming crap. There's no "Don't Look Down" anymore, the queue lines videos really don't have the same effect anymore, the place is covered in gum and the track is grey not black.

SheiKra looks awesome, a bright red in the dazzling Floridian sun, along with Busch Garden's atmosphere and theming.

I'm not saying that Oblivion is a bad ride, it's a very good ride. I'm just saying SheiKra is a much better ride.
Williscroft

I wont come to a conclusion of which is better till i have ridden them both. All i can say is that my mate went over last year (got me a keyring :) ) and she said it was realy good, better than Oblivion on a whole as its longer and got a loop. But one thing she did say is the drop doesnt feel as big as Oblivions and doesnt feel as forcefull. So overall she perfers the loop etc of Sheikra but perfers the drop of Oblivion. :) :D
Crofty

[quote=""Dana""] We bought the DVD of us on the ride which was a fun reminder of our day there. [/quote]

Can every rider get a DVD or is it just the tour people?
How much is the DVD?

Woo Hoo :W

:W :W

XxXxX
Dana

Anyone can buy the DVD, you get it from the same place you get the on ride photos. I think it was $16 but can't remember off hand. I know we got a 20% tour discount on what ever it was. The DVD is quite cool. There is some animated Sheikra hawk story, you see yourself on the ride and going down the drops in slow motion. Plus you get the whole ride from the view from the front of the car.
Altonator

Does anyone know where there is a video of Sheikra at Busch Gardens Orlando.
Thanks.
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
Jay12

If you add me to msn if you have it i will send you it, im sure i have it somewhere.

beer_monster_jay@.hotmail.co.uk (without the extra dots)
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
Rollercoaster 4 Life

I know go to http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/onride_videos/ and look for sheikra :)
Yesterday\'s the past, tomorrow\'s the future, but today is a gift. That\'s why it\'s called the present.

PSN ID]Bankzy108
Add me if you want!
Anonymous

go to http://www.nogodforme.com/Sheikra2005.htm hes a mate of mine and he has some grate PVO's !

i have been on the ride 5 times my self and its grate, so much more better than oblivion!