Busch Gardens Tampa

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

Just got back from Florida and Bush Gardens Tampa Bay, and whilst this ride was not open to the public, we did see many test runs and boy does it look fantastic!

It has 2 yes 2 held verticle drops, and from what we could see (it is very high after all) the carriage swings around before the second drop so you go down backwards! :yikes:

Awsome - better start saving again for a return trip soon!
RCTFAN

It doesnt go down the second drop backwards? How would it be able to face forward on the water splash?

also i thought that the second drop didn't have a holding brake and was only slowed down by magnetic brakes. Someone said that it feels like you get sucked down the hole.....whcih would be a great experience
spinwhizzer

How the hell is a train going to be able to turn around backwards? And why carn't it go throught the watersplash forwards? :-? :D
Anonymous

Like i said it was high! :shock: :inface:
auntie

here are some pics from my collection of the ultimate dive machine cant wait
http://spaces.msn.com/members/exittotheleft
Rooey

I was at Busch last saturday, didnt see it testing but it is a huge looking ride, but quite compact, if you see what i mean.

I noticed there is no walkway up the lift hill..well not what i could see.
Phil

[quote=""Rooey""]I noticed there is no walkway up the lift hill..well not what i could see.[/quote]

Yeah, a new feature to the Dive Machine involves a Safety Car type thingy on the left side of the lift hill and the normal stairway on the right side. Looks interesting...

Sheikra is finally open. I've enjoyed watching it's construction, just wish i could ride it! Some of the reviews have been interesting... 'a bit short'... Have they seen oblivion???!!!! :roll:
Philman

How are people supposed to get from the train on to that?!?!
What a fad.
Phil

[quote=""Philman""]How are people supposed to get from the train on to that?!?![/quote]

Jump! :lol:
Martin1

[quote=""Flash""]the carriage swings around before the second drop so you go down backwards! :yikes:
[/quote]

What? :D Got a pic?
gnomey

Glad to see that it's finally completed...is it actually open to the public yet? if so have any on ride videos been done...i'm so impatient!!

cant wait to ride this beast in a month!

Nicxxx
Sazzle

I really like the way the red track contrasts with the perfect blue sky, it looks droolsome!

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2662.htm?picture=51

I don't really like the second vertical drop, I'd expected it to be a little bit longer than that, though I guess I can't complain against the likes of Oblivion!

Right, anyone up for a trip to Tampa Bay? :tongue:

[PS - The guy was having yu on about it going backwards, it doesn't at al.. :roll:]
Phil

[quote=""Sarah-TTF""]I really like the way the red track contrasts with the perfect blue sky, it looks droolsome![/quote]

Mmmm... it's perfection! :D
jpecool

[quote=""Philman""]How are people supposed to get from the train on to that?!?![/quote]

remember how wide the dive machine cars are. Now you have it :D

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Anonymous

[quote=""Phil""][quote=""Rooey""]I noticed there is no walkway up the lift hill..well not what i could see.[/quote]

Yeah, a new feature to the Dive Machine involves a Safety Car type thingy on the left side of the lift hill and the normal stairway on the right side. Looks interesting...

Sheikra is finally open. I've enjoyed watching it's construction, just wish i could ride it! Some of the reviews have been interesting... 'a bit short'... Have they seen oblivion???!!!! :roll:[/quote]

That car is for maintenance not for people to get down.
doom+sons1988

It's open then. Cool can't wait to ride it.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Diddi

Sheikra onride

yeah!! :>
scroll down to the middle of the page. There are two onride videos. frontwor and backrow.

its such a great coaster in my opinion!
Image <---->Image
daboywunda

very impressive ride, but they've openned it before it's even finished! I thought that the volcano was supposed to have Oblivion style smoke/steam?

Also, most of the ride area is still a construction site!!! At least we got Oblivion when it was finished!

Still, i like the water splash.... gets spectators and Q-ers wet rather than riders!
phil2k4

I thought that the volcano was supposed to have Oblivion style smoke/steam?
what volcano?
Anonymous

I don't wanna sound like the mardy fool on TTF, but I seem to already have taken up that title so what-the-hey...

I really aren't that impressed with SheiKra. The artist impression just looks so much better than the finished coaster. You might think I'm crazy to say that IMO it looks kinda average :| I don't mean to sound like your typical Alton fan-boy, but I've seemed to have that title aswell... its drop just doesn't seem like it packs the punch Oblivion's does. Maybe that is because all the attention isn't on a small, 10 second drop, but the whole 3 minute ride, but I've read American's reveiw's of the ride and they seem to agree with me. They say it is very forceless and gracefull, like Air and Silver Bullet.

Lewis "I'm really not a fan-boy" Burne... :P