Busch Gardens Tampa

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Luke excell

you can get it on the busch gardens website Here you go
http://www.buschgardens.com/buschgarden ... movie.html
Just pick a setting and vola
Anonymous

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 07:00 pm Post subject:

you can get it on the busch gardens website Here you go
http://www.buschgardens.com/buschgarden ... movie.html
Just pick a setting and vola
yer but its not the full POV, un like at www.nogodforme.com
Shockwave

I'm really looking forward to this in 5 weeks time.

I don't think it'll be my favourite coaster in the park, but I do think that it's gonna be much better than Oblivion.
Oblivion_Guy

i rode this way back last august when i was on holiday got straight on, no queue. i have to say it is incredible! if your afraid of heights i wouldnt recommend it! the first drop is very intense, and the second drop catches you by suprise. definitely one of the best coasters iv ridden in america (and iv been on a lot!).
coaster junkie

visited busch gardens last month and rode sheikra twice.
amazing doesnt even begin to discribe it. its a shame to say it but nothing in this country is even close to it.

did all the rides in florida and this one is second fav. only to krakan at sea world.
Crofty

Now open in Busch gardens is Pirates 4-D, and from what I can make out, its the same as the version at Thorpe park.
Pirates 4-D, starring Leslie Nielsen, combines the latest 4-D special-effects technology with multi-sensory theater effects to thrill guests of all ages. Guests experience sprays of water and a shipload of surprises during their adventure with the sea’s most hapless band of pirates.

The voyage begins aboard a pirate ship in the Caribbean with Captain Lucky, played by Nielsen, leading the cast of greedy ocean rebels. A hearty serving of humor and adventure keep guests laughing as the Captain and his gang of buccaneers land on a remote island and set out on an ill-fated search for treasure
This replaces the Haunted Lighthouse attraction. I hope they have put more effort into the show than at Thorpe otherwise it won't be any competition to the 4-D offerings from the other main parks in the area ( Shrek 4-D, Muppets 4-D and Tough to be a bug.)

How long has the movie been used in Thorpe park? Is it not outdated?

:W :W
Adam

I think Haunted Lighthouse is much better than Pirates 4D. Sea World San Deago has Haunted Lighthouse (which is also 4D).

I saw Pirates 4D in Vegas.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Beaver Dude

I thought HL started really well but then became an episode of Goosebumps except 10X worse. Pirates 4D is better but not much better and it's a shame Busch Gardens can't be naffed to think up their own unique film. As someone else said the other 4D films in the other parks will pee all over it.
CGM

I would have expected Busch Gardens to create their own unique film, not just one that they can get with the ride. It's a shame, Busch Gardens are usually so creative
Adam

I'm pretty sure Busch Gardens and Sea World had Pirates 4D before Thorpe, but they changed to Haunted Lighthouse and now there going back.
james0507

thats what i thourght i mean pirates 4D is good but in my opinion that film is rubbish, i would think busch gardens are a bit up standard for that.
Anonymous

Haunted Lighthouse was based on the story by the Goosebumps Author (R.Lsomething) & he also helped make the ride.

Anyway, i've never rode Pirates 4D, i didn't really know what it was, or where in the park!
Adam

Yeah RL Stine wrote it i think.
evil cod

Pirates was specifically designed to be used at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in the Globe Theatre and opened there in 1999 where it was shown untill the end of 2002. In 2003it was replaced with with R.L. Stine's Haunted Lighthouse 4-D.

It has been shown in the Luxor in Las Vegas, Sea World Cleveland (busch owned. since been sold to Six Flags and is part of WoA), Thorpe Park, Phantasialand and a dutch park called Dolfinarium Harderwijk among others.

So yeah, Busch have had their own film developed, pirates is it!
AstroDan

The best 4D show I have seen was at the Magic Cinema at Europa Park. They usually show the mundane 'Panda Vision' but during Halloween they show a film, which I have forgotten the title of, which is amazing. Features rats, headless children and all sorts of really freak stuff - it uses the effects to the max too. Not sure of the name :(
bigblade40

IMO I think that the Haunted lighthouse is much, much better than pirates 4D.

I actually paid to watch pirates 4D at the Luxor in Vegas and I was really dissapointed.

I then watched Haunted lighthouse 4D a week later in Seaworld san diego and thought it was a lot better.

shame they've lost it at Busch Gardens!
bigblade40
caffeine_demon

I rode it last month - great ride, the first drop just takes your breath away! ALthough I'd prefer it if the splash zone got riders a bnit wet too!
Anonymous

Screamscape is reporting that the gardens are making a announcement
about its best ride at tampa bay SheiKra. The announcement is linked to the big possibility that SheiKra will be going floorless.
Your thoughts?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/busch_g ... africa.htm
Danzaw*nk

Oooo that would be pretty cool actually, 200ft up in the air with nothing underneath you but the ground - scary. I wonder if they can pull this off, also whether it is true or not.

Just a few months after I went it has to happen :roll:.

Dan

:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Joe-07

Sounds like a cool idea.

But, when I go on Oblivion my feet don't touch the floor anyway so to be honest I don't really think it would make all that much difference. I haven't been on Sheikra so I couldn't really comment on that.

Any thoughts?