Busch Gardens Tampa

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

Floorless in my view makes a big difference. Seeing the coaster under your feat is a very werid feeling. doesnt matter if you touch the floor or not its still as scary. Wont be just adding the trains tho because the whole floor platten in the station will need to be changed.

Cannot wait if it happens. Road sheikra in 2005 and it was ace. Planning to go back for a week in october for halloween horror nights so might make a trip there :D
Craig

Of all the coasters to implement floorless, a dive machine it probably the worst. Remember you're actually tilted backwards in your seats on them, so you can't look directly at the floor anyway. It may look a bit better at the front, not being able to see the bars in front of you (I'm presuming they'll be removed) but I don't think it would justify the cost involved.
Joe-07

[quote=""Craig""]Of all the coasters to implement floorless, a dive machine it probably the worst. Remember you're actually tilted backwards in your seats on them, so you can't look directly at the floor anyway. It may look a bit better at the front, not being able to see the bars in front of you (I'm presuming they'll be removed) but I don't think it would justify the cost involved.[/quote]

Totally agree with you there. Thats what I was mainly thinking, the back rows since they are tilted anyway.
AstroDan

Isn't Griffon going to be floorless? Is there any point? Will it make much difference?

:?
Anonymous

http://database.thrillnetwork.com/dbgal ... on3920.htm

Yeah griffon will be. But i think the whole train looks alot better like that. looks awesome and would think it just adds that little bit more of there no floor and no bar in front of you.

I like it.
Ash

Looks brilliant, could we see the cars come to Oblivion?

Compensation for problems with Air?
Anonymous

In thoery alton could if they wanted to. But again the station would need to be changed with the adding of the floor platten like kraken in orlando.
I love floorless coasters and to see the idea come to dive machines is a great idea.
Sir John Talbot

Wow, those floorless trains look great. To be honest, at least on Scream in Six Flags Magic Mountain the Floorless didn't make such a big different and the general ride was mediocre, but these trains look so much more exposed than the latter, in a much more suitable track type to make a big difference!

Not much point for these on Oblivion, not for a drop and marginal turn-around, the floorless will make great use of all the elements on Griffon and hopefully SheiKra soon.
Matt 125

Why do it to ShieKra if their 'sister' park is having the same sort of coaster and elements?

I don't see the point? Your feet always leave the floor anyway. Oh and I doubt AT would do that to Oblivion, :P, nothing beneficial!

EDIT: Just seen the cars with floorless, looks pretty scary tbh. :lol:

Matt :D
Lauren

Many more shoes to be lost on Shiekra then?
Seriously they look so uncomfortable! Obviously you wont fall out and tumble to your death but all of your weight relies on a restraint.
Anonymous

Well at least it has one. Sometimes on Gwazi even with one it felted like it didnt.
Anonymous

[quote=""Lauren""]Many more shoes to be lost on Shiekra then?
Seriously they look so uncomfortable! Obviously you wont fall out and tumble to your death but all of your weight relies on a restraint.[/quote]

But doesnt that happen on alot of coasters away? I mean air does and oblivion is simular!
Lauren

Yeah but air is made to hold all that weight.
Not saying floorless divers arent but, they dont seem as safe, if you get my drift.
iriderides101

What concerns me is the spalsh i know you don't actualy get wet but you will with no floor? The idea is great the rumor has suffurced several times since opening but don't expect change untill june/july becasue the coaster grifforn is opening first as the 'worlds first floorless dive coaster' so it needs to be opened first. Sheikra is a great ride been on it a few times in 2005
Nick

The floor shouldnt make a difference, because what makes the splash is at the rear of the shuttles

sammie04

Wow Sheikra going floorless sounds great and its good to see they are trying to do things to make the ride more exciting. I don't think I would feel that safe on it looks quite uncomfortable.
iriderides101

A floorless coaster is like riding on an inverted coaster but the track is below you. This is waht B&M were trying to achieve a floating sensation but with a better view becaise inverts block the view. So they are very comfortable though
Porsmond

If the ride is going floorless, Please do it before April 21st BGT before I visit your park again,or in fact maybe do it after I visit, because if you close it soon to do the work, it might not be finished when I visit again and then the ride will be closed, and that will suck.
Actually,maybe this wont happen till late 2007, or early 2008 anyway, I think they did annouce Griffon at BGW as being the First Floorless Diving Coaster in the world, so I would think the park would want it open for a while, before SheiKra gets it because obviously that means Griffon wouldnt be the first floorless dive machine coaster if so.

Also whats the point anyway, I just cant see this working to be honest, sure its bound to be mighty scary at the front going down the drop vertical with no floor, but the rest will be pants, and will still feel like a normal coaster is(Just like Floorless coasters where they do virtually nothing after the drop) this is nothing more than a gimmick all over again when the first floorless coaster came out so BAH
CGM

Isn't Griffon going to be floorless? Is there any point? Will it make much difference
Apparently, Busch originally wanted Sheikra as a floorless but B&M hadn't quite finished the technology yet. So they planned to make the change later.

I think that floorless trains would work on a dive machine. It would give it an added element of exposure, paricuarly if sat on the end seat. Admittedly, it doesn't affect the sitdown rides that much but I personally would prefer to have the "gimick" than not
Anonymous

Tampa, FL (January 31, 2007) – Two years ago, Busch Gardens Africa introduced the world to a one-of-a-kind experience: 200 feet up, 90 degrees straight down. And that was just the beginning.

On June 16, the adventure park will reintroduce SheiKra to the world with a new twist: “floorless” cars that allow riders an unobstructed view of the 70 mph rush.

When SheiKra opened in May 2005, it signaled a new era in American roller coasters. As the nation’s first dive coaster and only the third in the world, SheiKra raised the bar with first-of-a-kind elements like a true 90-degree drop, an Immelmann loop and a second vertical dive into an underground tunnel. Now, technology has raised that bar even higher, introducing SheiKra’s fans to an even greater thrill.

Mechanically, SheiKra’s track will remain unchanged, with its combination of drops, inversions and a water feature finale. Psychologically, though, the effect of the floorless cars will be intense: SheiKra’s cars will continue to seat eight passengers across, three rows deep, but riders will no longer be able to brace themselves for Florida’s No. 1 thrill ride against the floor of the car. With the front rail gone, passengers in the first row, especially, will be completely exposed as they come over the crest of SheiKra’s signature 200-foot, 90-degree plunge.

Guests’ last day to experience SheiKra in its current form will be Memorial Day, May 28. The following day, America’s first dive coaster will close for approximately three weeks for the floorless conversion construction.

The coaster’s existing seats and shoulder harnesses will be fitted into new chassis that support only the chairs above and the wheels below. Between each row of seats will be nothing but open air.

The bulk of the changes occur at the loading platform, where retractable floors and handrails will be installed. As each floorless car comes into the station, the floors will raise into position, filling the gaps between the rows so that passengers may board. A pivoting handrail will swing into place in front of the car to assist those boarding the first row.

“Through the years, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has set the standard for thrill rides, and I’m confident guests will agree that the park has raised the bar yet again with floorless SheiKra,” said Dan Brown, executive vice president and general manager, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. “SheiKra’s enhancement, along with its unprecedented ride features, really reinforce Busch Gardens’ standing as Florida’s foremost adventure destination.”

http://www.buschgardens.com/bgt/sheikra_webcast.aspx

HOW ACE :D