SeaWorld Orlando

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Stu

The theming is not the problem, i beleive there still having problems with the new crafts. They meant to be on site by now which is delaying testing. Not that B&M projects have a problem normaly when testing.. but least start training up the staff. But it is looking ace, can't wait to get on it.

More pictures online - [url=http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta8.html" target="_blank]http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta8.html[/url]
Evostance

Hmm from those pics, I cant figure out where it is in google maps lol.

Shame maps or live maps havent been updated
Matt.C

If they're aiming for April why does it say 'taking flight Summer 2009' ?
Stu

They planned for April and still planning for April - Florida parks always aim to open their rides a month or 2 early so people are not dissapointed/surprised or whatever. If the signs say open Summer and people come back in the summer they will know the ride has been open for a few weeks/months before hand and has been fully testing and bugs ironed out and all is cool - but it looks like this will open in the Summer due to the problem with the crafts.
Michaél

You can see the layout after the blocks from this shot.
It doesn't look like there will be a water splash. :cry:
But the layout looks a lot less boring than the surperman clones. :D
Matt.C

The water splash is the curve on the left. The mud bit will be filled in with a lake, and the crafts will have something to splash the water with.
Michaél

^Oh right, just on the dive machines and the Speed Coasters they are the first things to be put in place.

---- Post Info Added ----

Here is another update for all you Sea World fans. :)
The water splash has been installed.
The train storage and maintenece building has been completed.
Here is a view of the end of the station with the switch track.
I think many people will be going to take flight on this fab looking B&M flyer this summer.
AstroDan

Looks great! Hope to ride in 2010!

:D
Stu

The Crafts are still not on site... over a month delay, but there on target for summer. That track colour is reallly lush! Can't wait!!
AstroDan

Yep. Funny, the track colour on Air, Blue Fire and this are all fabulous. And they're all a sexy shade of blue!

:D
Michaél

That water splash will great to take pictures of. It will be one of those shots that everybody has. I wonder if they are going to fill the track with sand. I expect they will do, due to the animals.
I have been really impressed with the florida parks this year becasue two of them have got major new rides for this year in the middle of this economic down turn. You would have thought that no huge investments would have been made this year. Yes, they may have sheduled it to be built this year but I am suprised that they did not postpone it and say install them in 2011 or something like that. But on the other hand it may be a good investment for them because they will get a lot of local people visiting it due to a lot of people not traveling abroad.
Go Universal and Sea World.
Matt.C

I think they didn't put it off till 2011 because 1.The technology could be outdated by then and 2.It would be overshadowed by the Harry Potter land at IOA.
Michaél

^I think that is a decent reason for them installing it this year. Because it is almost guaranteed that the Harry Potter Land will suck up all the local customers in 2010. :)
However this does not stop this ride being a show stopper this year, the theming which is yet to come looks outsanding in the concept art.
Mattia

[quote=""Seaworld""]Dear Mattia:

Thank you for contacting SeaWorld Orlando. We always appreciate hearing from our guests.

At this time, we are still scheduled to open Manta on the weekend of 23 May 2009. When you get to the Central Florida area, you may want to call our Guest Services office at 407-363-2400 to see if they have any updated information on Manta. You may also call 1-888-800-5447 to check with our Call Center to see if they have any updates on the ride’s opening.

We look forward to seeing you.

Sincerely,

Lucinda

SeaWorld Orlando[/quote]

How blawdy frustrating! A month after we go :( Let's hope she speeds up a month early ;)
DanB

Don't worry Mattia. I'll let you know what it was like ;)
AstroDan

And me, in 2010.

:wink:
Mattia

[quote=""DanB""]Don't worry Mattia. I'll let you know what it was like ;)[/quote]
You're such a cow :P, i'll just put on my flirting skills and those tears and protest until they have to let me on ;) Why do Flyers have to be my favourite type of coaster? lol

Seaworld, Kraken ain't enough for me, i'm a diva when it comes to coasters ;)
Dylan

There is a new teaser video for Manta on the Seaworld website.

[url=http://www.seaworld.com/sitepage.aspx?PageID=598" target="_blank]http://www.seaworld.com/sitepage.aspx?PageID=598[/url]

Nice.
Stu

Oh My god thats the best Roller Coaster Advert ive seen since Nemises !!! Thats Ace! So Sea World... they really know how to hit your heart that is ace!
Crofty

They get the music spot on everytime. Same with all the shows, I always end up balling my eyes out. :lol:

Credit where it's due.