Ice Age 4D Experience - No Time For Nuts

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Lee

With Alton Towers having updated the attraction yesterday, it seems prudent to create a new topic replacing 'the future of Ice age 4D.'

Personally I think the update is quite good - whilst not quite a mini movie as the previous incarnation was, the new feature manages to keep everyone's attention by swapping the scenes and action in quick enough succession. There's very limited dialogue this time around, which leaves plenty of audience engagement moments which I'm sure for a younger audience is a fantastic replacement. I am a little disappointed that the effects haven't been updated this year, albeit pleased to see them utilised (and working!) more effectively and for much longer periods.

All in all a good screen update, just a shame that they didn't look at switching the 4D element of it slightly.
Stan.H

Did anyone go to the V.I.P preview? If so, was it any good, what happened and was it worth the money?
Adam.W

Are they still using those cheap paper glasses, or are they doing it like Walt Disney world with the plastic ones and bins and stuff for them
Aidan Lowe

Still the cheap paper glasses.

As for the short film, much more entertaining than the last. Fast paced with a lot of scenic changes and good use of effects & lightning as well as being humorous for the kids.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Sentri558

Andy Mc wrote:Still the cheap paper glasses.
Cheap paper still better than massive clunky painful Imax glasses imo. I loved watching Spy Kids 2 with them glasses
gladers2001

The thought the new movie was much better than the previous one, however I found that the 3d side of things were very poor again. If you go to Legoland discovery centre the movies are very good, the characters are always on the tip of your nose and you spend the entire movie grabbing at thin air.