Europa Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
GeorgeT

So...anyone still hoping for Wodan to kick a littlebit more ### ?  :mrgreen:

Last wekend during the EP Fanday the park confirmed, that Wodan is a lot faster now compared to the beginning.

As a round took about 44 seconds in the beginning of the season...Wodan now needs about 39 to 40 seconds for a round...and it`s still getting faster I guess !

Was very curious about the reviews of those who were there when Wodan opened and now rode it again...and no negative reviews at all. Many people who thougt Wodan was kind of lame in the beginning...now enjoy it alot.

Hope you guys won`t expect too much...but for me...on a scale of 10...Wodan climbed from a solid 7 to a 9...beeing on par with my beloved Blue Fire...I just LOVE how "wild" Wodan rides...especially the evening rides are amazing !!!

Greeds...hope this was of interest !

Looking forward to see some of you here in August  :D

Gero
Last edited by GeorgeT on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
If your face is full of wrinkles...you`re riding the wrong coasters !
The Flash

AstroDan wrote: Hotel Bell Rock: Construction Update 16/4/12

Does this remind anyone else of Back To The Future?

Fingers crossed going next summer. Definately not in the hotel but maybe going into the park!
GeorgeT

So...they changed Wodans wheels again !

Wodan is now quieter, there`s less rattle...and it`s MUCH slower again !!!

Greeds...george
Nightfall

shame, and only a few days before my trip. (+ I believe a few of the members you met earlier in the year are there at the moment)
[align=center]Image[/align]
AdrenalineAlex

Wodan looks like such a brilliant addition to the EP ride line-up, I will hopefully going to Switzerland next year to visit relatives and hopefully we will take a trip down to EP again, we went for 2 days last time and the atmosphere and theming completely blew everything out of the water, I guess aside from Disney and Universal, but definitely not far behind!
GeorgeT

Sorry...it was wromg alarm !

A good friend of mine went there a few days ago...telling me that wodan changeds wheels again, and being slow again.

I have NO IDEA what was wrong then...because not only that two days later I was riding it myself and having my best aka fastest ride on Wodan EVER...I was also runnig into the Tower Times Group in the bar of Hotel Bell Rock...havin a huge "Weizenbeer" with fredward  :D

What a day...and so many nice TTF people  :D
Dara

Any idea how busy Europa Park normally gets during the easter period? I'm tempted to book for next year, but am not sure about booking over easter  :?

What sort of queue times would I need to roughly need to expect? If I was to go, this would be my first time on Blue Fire and Wodan!
Zach

So today on Facebook Europa Park posted a video of them testing virtual reality head sets on what appears to be Matterhorn-blitz, with the hashtags #Vrcoaster #augmented #thrill #ride #test the end of video signifies it is made by Mackmedia. I have heard of talks with this tech coming to a UK park in the near future however it seems it's in Germany now!!!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sw7nutter

I am yet to see a point in a VR head set ride. If you want VR have a simulator don't go and ruin a coaster which is meant to be thrilling because its real. It sounds like a merlin gimmick and to be honest I expected more from Europa.
Stan.H

Sound cool!
Aidan Lowe

sw7nutter wrote:I am yet to see a point in a VR head set ride. If you want VR have a simulator don't go and ruin a coaster which is meant to be thrilling because its real.
So you just don't wear the VR headset I guess?

However if a coaster had several VR segments meaning subsequent rides offered a different VR experience in correspondence with the coaster natural movement then It'd be something worth while imo.

Only problem with said VR is they look cheesy.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
lewis97
Admin
Admin

With the release of this short video, Europa Park have announced that from 17th September VR technology will be implemented on Alpenexpress in order to simulate two different experiences.
stealthsmiler

I love the sound of it. IMO Simulators dont give the right feeling. The coasters wil still have the same affect on your body but it will be linked to what they are showing the rides eg a Sci Fi based VR coaster going through a corkscrew could be the spaceship dodging a meteor.
Liam.W

Europa Park have confirmed a new coaster is set for 2017, with construction beginning in 2016. What do you make of the news?

Europa Street posted this on Facebook earlier:
BREAKING NEWS: Roland Mack has just confirmed that a new rollercoaster will open for 2017! Construction will begin in 2016. What do you make of this news?
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Max

With all the new testing and prototypes mack have been trying out, I expect this will be something quite special.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Liam.W

I think it may be a MACK spinning coaster, with an inversion or a launch, because they have recently tested a spinning car on Bluefire and there is great interest in Cobra's Curse coming to Busch Gardens next year, which is also a MACK spinning coaster.

Video of Bluefire with a spinning car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfL4tzTuBzc

JonDoesTT

Whatever it is, I doubt Europa Park will disappoint.

Credit to NemesisRider
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It appears there was some confusion from EuropaStreet due to translation errors, and a specific ride type wasn't mentioned for 2017.
Liam.W

Yes I know, I was just speculating what it could be. (If you're referring to my post about a spinning coaster)

lewis97
Admin
Admin

No, as in it isn't confirmed to be a rollercoaster at all.