SW9

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Stan.H

MerlinFan wrote:What's the definition of a 4D coaster?
They also have restraints (if B&M) like Air, only your seat doesn't tilt you facing down!!
MerlinFan

Thanks guys - that really helps. Maybe someone should create a glossary thread for the jargon that people like me could access? I couldn't find anything like that in the forums.
Adam.W

Emporium wrote:
MerlinFan wrote:What's the definition of a 4D coaster?
They also have restraints (if B&M) like Air, only your seat doesn't tilt you facing down!!
Still possible though, you never know ;)
Stan.H

MerlinFan wrote:Thanks guys - that really helps. Maybe someone should create a glossary thread for the jargon that people like me could access? I couldn't find anything like that in the forums.
I love that idea, PM an Admin member!
Adam.W

I'd love a 4D coaster, I don't think we have one in the UK yet :D
definedancing

I'd love a 4D coaster too, although would it be a European first or just a UK one?
Stan.H

definedancing wrote:I'd love a 4D coaster too, although would it be a European first or just a UK one?
If they did do that though, it would be very gimmicky and it would be needing incredible themeing!
Adam.W

Or a very good coaster :)

Nemesis hasn't got amazing theming, but is still arguably the best ride on park. The terrain is decent and stuff, but the coaster itself is what makes a bulk of it :)

Where would a 4D coaster go though? Either in the valley, gloomy wood (?) could work as something that has been taken over by the haunts of something or another. Or it could be in DF, with a similar sort of idea, and would probably end up replacing rita and filling in the space where corky was and the area behind that. Hopefully some good theming too :)
SPAD

has anyone considered the possibility of switching the ride crafts on air for 4D ones?? is that even possible?!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

SPAD wrote:has anyone considered the possibility of switching the ride crafts on air for 4D ones?? is that even possible?!
To my knowledge, no.
TH14TEEN

Doubt it would work due to the limited space I tunnels either side of the track.
stealthsmiler

Also the track is inverted so it wouldnt be possible due to the supports.
Stan.H

I have just thought up a crazy concept... A wooden suspended launch coaster or a wooden suspended coaster!!! :P
Adam.W

Oh wow :lol If SW8 is a woodie then it won't be that :P

It would be fairly difficult to get it supported, as you would be surrounded by wood :lol
Owen

Surely this topic should be saved until after Secret Weapon 8 has opened? I mean surely the main future topic would be a better place to speculate it considering SW8 hasn't even had its plans come up?

Just my opinion, but I don't know, just think this is a topic that is pretty pointless at this point when such ideas can be discussed elsewhere! Here for example ;)
Stan.H

If SW8 is a woodie, SW9 is more likely to replace The Flume, so I'd like maybe a Water Coaster or a new dark ride. Or maybe somthing to replace Charlie (&TCF).
theparklifekid

after SW9 they should call SW10, SWX! you know as in x = 10 but in roman numerals... ok i will just go...
Liam.W

Towards the beggining of this topic someone mentioned a Mack water coaster. Although this probably wouldn't be a SW, they could have a Mack water coaster that inverts? I don't know if this would be possible or I don't even know if it's already done somewhere but I think it would be good. The only thing is, I wouldn't class a water ride as something on a SW standard but this would have a worlds first which is what most of the SW's are! What do you think?
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

xylyx

I like the idea, even as a none sw it would just be nice to have a more up to date water ride in that space.

You could always market it as the world's first none sw secret weapon :D
Liam.W

smileradvocate1 wrote:Towards the beggining of this topic someone mentioned a Mack water coaster. Although this probably wouldn't be a SW, they could have a Mack water coaster that inverts? I don't know if this would be possible or I don't even know if it's already done somewhere but I think it would be good. The only thing is, I wouldn't class a water ride as something on a SW standard but this would have a worlds first which is what most of the SW's are! What do you think?
With the flume not opening in 2016 and possibly going to be removed there is quite a high chance
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!