Skegness, Island Of Adventure

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Spendleb

Agree with most of the posts here the rides are pretty rubbish, both coasters look OK but are very very expensive and not that good, JO is also painful!
Sazzle

Hmm I don't think they're as expensive as they're made out to be.

The majority of the money they put aside for rides are for supporting the structure, I think I read somewhere that seaside parks have to have better (deeper) footers to withstand the winds?

I personally think that the park looks a mess with them throwing MRC and Odyssey together, I have a lot of photos and they're tangled with the tracks and supports mish mashed together! Odyssey has soooo many supports! I thnik they were a bit too inventive with Odyssey, and only realised when it had to be re profiled :roll:
Spendleb

It's a shame as it's not a park I will revisit yet it has a lot of good press beforehand and a promise of great new rides :-(
Anonymous

It's a bit of money for the two roller coasters at fantasy island one called jubille oddysey and millennium coaster. it would be much better if they put down the prices of the tokens :(

Edit - Sarah-TTF
Please read through your posts for spelling mistakes and other errors, it makes posts hard to read otherwise. Thank you

Oh, and try to make yourself a little less inconspicuous next time alton towers park...
mphillips16

i'm going to fantasy island next sunday and just want to know is it very busy at the moment cause every time i go it is always walk on and also if anybody wants some photos i am taking my camera so i can take photos if you want a certain one just ask me and i will try and get them for you
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land
McFlurry

Since it's heading in too July, and you going at the weekend, there will proberly be some minimal que's involved. However they will most likely be about 5 minutes and maximum, if that!
mphillips16

Has anybody been to fantasy island today if you have was it busy also as im going tomorrow does anybody want any specific photos as i am taking my camera
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land
mphillips16

i was at fantasy island today it was pretty busy jubilee was riding with a full train the other rides were doing pretty good aswell and also had my second go on a i and wot a ride it was i had it on the surprise setting so it shot up and i was facing the ground it was very good.
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land
Mitchell

Woohoo I went to Fantasy Island a few weeks ago and apart from the chavvy visitors and staff it rocked!
I went on all the big rides (it's great you can just hop on cos there's never any queues) though the downside is it costs £4 to go on three of the rides.

Website here

The Scallywags showbar is good though the show are repetative but at least you get no chavs in there because trakkies and hats are banned. There rides are good, I got triple the amount of ride I was supposed to on 'The Beast' (Samurai ride). I stayed in a caravan park with my mate's family. It was great!

Anyone else been there? Post your reviews here. :D
Sazzle

Topics merged, please look before you post.

Sarah
davidredge

Having spent far too long on Fantasy Islands' website trying to find the opening times for October, i've given up.

Does any have these to hand?
Sazzle

Topics merged :)

Please look through the forum before posting a new topic - it clutters the forum and is unneccessary to post a repeat topic.

Guideline Point 7

Before you start a New Topic, please check to see if there is already a topic of a similar nature on TTF.

Thanks, Sarah
haydn!

Adding to your earlier comment Sarah, i feel by adding Millenium and Odysee Fantasy Island have actually ruined the park. Well, not the coasters, but there immense lack of theming. When the park opened, and majority of it still is, one of the best themed amusement parks ive seen. Then with the first few new additions, this theme continued.....but now its just tacky midway rides, tacky in theme not thrill factor.....although there are some good rides. They've let themselves down big time with lack of consistant theme.