Skegness, Island Of Adventure

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
mphillips16

is there any idea what the new ride will be that is coming by the end of the season i noticed on the offical website ride list that it says it may be added to later on in the season
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land
McFlurry

Well if the new ride does go ahead it's looking likey to be some sort of flat ride. As for the 2006 ride, i haven't heard any confirmed information, though there has been a few rumours of an S&S Coaster flying around.
jpecool

WOW. I can predict the future :lol: :lol: :lol: Would be great if we saw a thrust air 2000!!!!! We could be getting acceleration greater than 0 - 107mph in 1.8 seconds!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
mphillips16

maybe the rumours were true that the beast has been sold and they will be replacing a flat ride with a flat ride maybe they will be getting the superbowl back.
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land
jpecool

NO WAY FI!!!!!!!! If you get rid of the beast i will cry!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

Sazzle

Hmm I have my doubts about this - The Beast is one of the most popular attractions at FI and I can't see them removing it without replacing it with something similar. It was rumoured to have been sold to Brean Leisure Park last season, but nothing sufficed from this as its still there now.. I don't think they'd be operating a ride thats been sold? Well that's my thoughts on the matter anyway!

My next point is that of Crazy Island (the Superbowl). The ride was only on park for a season, possibly on loan? I'm not sure, so don't quote me. Anyway, I don't think they'd get it back, as IMO it was there to fill the space now occupied by Amazing Confusing, Absolutely Insane, and Eye on the Coast - all of which are highly unlikely to be moved for Crazy Island to return. Unless FI use the land over the road or remove The Beast, I can't see Crazy Island coming back, simply because they have no more space!

I guess they could squish it in somewhere near Wild Mouse, but there's a McDonalds and a road behind there... Highly unlikely.

I say drop it on top on some of the market stalls ;)
mphillips16

the crazy island used to be in the place of the beast and it was called the superbowl
i remember because i went on it with my mates were talking a few years back though.
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land
McFlurry

Nah, they would never replace The Beast with Crazy Island. Crazy Island wasn't as popular as The Beast was and Superbowls have been creating a bad reputation for themselfs over the past few years.
mphillips16

what i think they should is as you walk under that arch into the market is take all the market stalls from that part and put them the other side of the market and they should put a massive disko (like the one at flamingo land) there or some other ride
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land
jpecool

No they should put G force back!!!!!!!!!! :D And then have an S&S Thrust air 2000 launch coaster at one side of the park. :) :D

mphillips16

they could put the s&s coaster near the brake run of odessey i never got to go and g force as when i went it was closed then the next season i went it had been taken down.
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land
spark

Certainly wont see development on the other side of the park in the near future!

They had planned to build on both sides of the road but for an unknown reason they have since gone back on that and decided to keep it on its current site.
mphillips16

i think i read somewhere that have built a new car park so maybe the carpark behind the market will become full of rides (fingers crossed)

also how can i get a picture at the bottom of my posts i know its something to do with putting img in the post
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land
Roddy

Fantasy Island is one good amusement park!

Except I was a little disappointed when they got rid of G force- the worlds largest fabbri booster. Like spin doctor but miles bigger and faster.

I hope they invest in another coaster as I think they’ve got enough flat rides and lets face it millennium coaster is nothing special.

-Roddy
jpecool

They have jubilee and Millennium which are both good. I havent ridden J.O. but i have heard its pretty cool, although rough. I do agree they need another coaster, bing on the S&S! :D

And mphillips16, if you want a pic in ur post type in Image

If you want it in ur sig, do the same thing, but type it in ur sig. For example when typing in this code this:

Image (But without the spaces between the link and code becomes

:D

Hope that helps :D

mphillips16

thanks for that i think they should get a giant inverted boomerang as they have a two other vekomas or get a water ride like hydro at oakwood
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land
jpecool

Maybe, i like the water ride idea, although i would prefer a smaller shoot the chutes ride, as they are smaller, but still make huge splashes. This would then allow extra room for another coaster :D

Anyway, im hoping to go to F.I in the next few weeks, im catching the bus from lincoln. :lol: Im excited :D

mphillips16

im going soon as well my mates waiting for me to go so we can ride ai he has never been on it hes in for a treat it is such a good ride. jpecool you will love odessey its fantastic the best seat has to be the front its a bit bumpy on the back.
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land
jpecool

I havent ridden any of the big rides at FI apart from Millennium, so i am really looking forward to my next visit. I havent been in years, but i really want to go.

I just made meself a new Fantasy Island sig Its only temporary but i like it.

[Edit - Sarah-TTF
Please don't double post, instead, use the edit function to add to the earlier post :)
Thanks]

McFlurry

The new ride is to be located where Simex, formerly know as Imax - was located. So this new ride will be under the western side of the pyramid. It will be interesting to see what type of ride it turns out to be, but it looks like it will be some sort of simulation ride or a 4D cinema, as there is not much else it can be.