Skegness, Island Of Adventure

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
phillipvass

Yea, thankyou Sarah :wink:
mphillips16

does any body know if they are getting any new rides i went on a fantasy island site and it said that there are not going to be any new rides :?: and it said the beast is staying and not going to brean.

( my first topic )
Last edited by mphillips16 on Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land
stupot

Fantasy Island aint getting any new rides for 2005..all the rides are having maintance done...dunno whats gonna have next year.

Just down the road in Skegness @ Botton's Pleasure Beach they are having a 2nd hand Fabbri Top Spin from Butlins @ Bognor Regis and was delivered mid Jan to botton's and it went under a refurb!

Thats all the news i have...

Stuart
mphillips16

fantasy islands new site is working now but is still in construction and has no news of new rides but on the ride list at the bottom it says that the list may be added to later in the season so maybe a new ride (fingers crossed)
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land
Sazzle

Just to confirm..

I visited the park last Friday and there are no new rides for the start of the season.
jpecool

Yeah theres nothing new. I would know, lol, i am alway looking to see if they are getting anything new. I want them to get an S&S launched coaster but it wll never happen. lol.

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
mphillips16

you never know who would think they would get a massive sling shot like ai plus they have two s&s things volcanic impact and ai so maybe one day.
there was a rumour that were getting a new coaster so maybe that could be coming by the end of the season we will have to look out for footers goin in
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land
jpecool

It would be really great thats why i said it because they have alot of S&S rides, and S&S havent sold one of them coasters for a while so it might be abit cheaper than usual. :lol: And dont anybody slaughter me for saying this, but they are alot more intense than Intamin launche coasters apparently. Which is better???? 0 - 128mph in3.5secs or 106.9mph in 1.8secs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o I think the second cos the acceleration is much faster, and really really sudden. It would be great, but i dont think it will happen. If its another coaster i have a feeling it will be another vekoma or something. Isnt vekoma supposed to be developing a 4d?? And what park has the biggest vekoma coasters???? :wink: :lol: If we're lucky, lol. Its just a prediction of what i would liek to see happen, dont think it will anytime soon though :lol: Would be weird if it did though!

Sazzle

Hmm I went to FI yesterday and Saturday, both days having the area heaving with people.. But none of the rides looking particularly popular, the only exception being Odyssey.

Personally I feel the token system is highly damaging to them - if they introduced wristbands, they'd be a lot more successful, take Bottons Pleasure Beach for example. Their wristbands are £10 for the day, £7 after 2pm.. Worth it if you intend staying in the area for the day - you can nip back to the park after spending some time on the beach. This could definately work for FI, what with people wandering around East Gate market.

Anyway, nothing particularly interesting to report! They've pedestrianised the area where the accident happened; between the two FI car parks, there aren't any new rides (that I could see), The Beast is still there and hasn't been touched (contrary to rumours), and that big stick thing next to Amazing confusion wasn't working.. Sorry I can't remember the name! Not sure whether it was a technical problem, or people just not wanting to ride it.
Sazzle

Okay guys this topic might be a bit confusing as I've just merged three into one...

Hope you can wade through it lol.
mphillips16

the ride is called ai and also fantasyisland.co.uk has launched and its a really good site it has videos ,virtual tours and really good info on the rides well done fantasy island for one of the best offical theme park websites around
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land
themadman26

I went on Saturday the 30th of April no pics ( sorry ) BUT there are no new rides any way I think thast the area is too crowded you can't tell which bits fair and which bits the market also regarding to the post stupot made about the pier that is also bear at one end and not so at the other :wink: :roll:
Good Bye I\'m off elsewhere
jpecool

Sarah, i totally agree with your wristband idea. BTW is there a Fantasy Island forum anywhere, the only other site i know about Fantasy Island is fantasyislandmania and that hasnt been updated in a while. :( Anyay, like mphillips16 said the new fantasy island website ( www.fantasyisland.co.uk ) is a really good site! :D It has just opened, i saw it a couple of days ago.

mphillips16

i clicked on the fanatsyislandmania members centre yesterday and it now has a index on there so maybe they are relaunching it. i would love a good forum about fantasy island.
planned trips this year
Alton Towers
Fantasy Island
Pleasure Island
Bottons Pleasure Beach
Flamingo land
jpecool

Really. I tried to become a member but i never got the confirmation email, and my passowrd and everything doesnt work. :cry:

McFlurry

Well as an owner of Fantasy Island Mania, i can confirm that Fantasy Island Mania (fimania) is undergoing a major new re-lauch, fimania will re-launch when the new ukmania website is finsihed and launched. Currently the Members Centre is offline but will return soon!

The fimania Members Centre will stay, un-like the rumours that it will be merged with the ukmania members centre say! For any of the 2 sites put .co.uk after either fimania or ukmania.

It's a shame not to say any major investment at Fantasy Island this year, but this is due to Blue Anchor Leisure (who own the park) spending more money on the near-by Robin Hood Leisure Park.
spark

[quote=""aly""]Well as an owner of Fantasy Island Mania, i can confirm that Fantasy Island Mania (fimania) is undergoing a major new re-lauch, fimania will re-launch when the new ukmania website is finsihed and launched. Currently the Members Centre is offline but will return soon!

The fimania Members Centre will stay, un-like the rumours that it will be merged with the ukmania members centre say! For any of the 2 sites put .co.uk after either fimania or ukmania.

It's a shame not to say any major investment at Fantasy Island this year, but this is due to Blue Anchor Leisure (who own the park) spending more money on the near-by Robin Hood Leisure Park.[/quote]

Can we expect anything next season?
Sazzle

I was wondering about Blue Anchor Leisure - they have a warehouse/storage centre on the road just up from Fantasy Island (drove past it on Monday), I didn't realise they owned the park to be honest!

I think the Hammerhead Stall coaster was shelved for good, so its safe to say it won't be making an appearance next year?

Oh, and a quick question - why the Coca Cola Bottle on the top of the pyramid? I've always wondered, never asked! I'd guess its something to do with sponsorship?
McFlurry

Well it looks likely that we will see another new ride late this season, but only a small addition. Another large scale ride looks set to be installed for 2006.

As fore the Giant CocaCola bottle, i guess it's jsut sponsor ship. I think the bottle actually disappered for a season, but then returned!, as when the bottle isn't there it was jsut a pole with lights on. Previous the pole and bottle was nothing!
jpecool

Thanks for the info Aly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D I love fantasy island, i have only been once which is bad considering its one of my local parks, and i havent been on any of the newer huge rides like Jubilee and A.I. :cry:

Anyway do you have any idea of what the new ride could be for 2006???? If you get chance you should mention an S&S thrust air 2000 such as Hypersonic XLC :D This way the park could have a launched coaster like some of the huge UK parks, BUT they could totally shatter the acceleration as S&S pneumatic (is that spelt right????) launches can create much higher accelaration than the hydraulic launch from intamin.