Skegness, Island Of Adventure

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Adz
Admin
Admin

yes i thought that to.. but lets not start an argument.

Edit: i wasnt saying that was your intention i was just stopping it from going any further. 8)
Last edited by Adz on Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
haydn!

argument......no.....that wasnt my intention.
Virus

k im back from the trip JO is REALLY painfull my opinion air oblvion and nemmy are better its a good ride but not reliable and it hurts and expensive
Millenium coaster is actually really good
Sazzle

I found MC to be smooth, but it seems to pan out after the last loop IMO, there's nothing but a market and a few twists!

I've never ridden JO to comment, but I've heard it's not the smoothest coaster ever built. I believe it was built to be a smooth ride, as they'd made the gap between the wheels and track smaller, however this caused greater friction and made the car stall.

Were there any places it seemed rougher than others?
spark

Does anyone know what we can expect for 2005? I thought it was a rumoured tilt coaster
Adz
Admin
Admin

Apparantly a double ended Topscan to replace the beast.

The beast has been sold to Brean Leisure park.
spark

Oh right, I wondered where the beast was off too.

Is this it?
Sazzle

A few years ago there were rumours for a HammerHead Stall coaster, not sure if they were scrapped or postpooned. There's usually a guy on Rideas that releases all the info about FI closer to the opening date.
RiK-SRi

Origianally the Hammerhead Stall was put back to 2005 as Vekoma said they needed to do more testing on it, Last I heard they actually had it built on their own test ground. But shortly after it was dismantled and no-one has heard anything since?
Sazzle

Well I've just looked on the offical Vekoma website and they're still advertising the HammerHead Stall coaster. I'll do some snooping ;)
RiK-SRi

Indeed, sorry I didn't make it more clear. What I meant was the reason for the original delay was vekoma said they needed to do more testing. When it was eventually dismantled at their test ground it was supposed to be ready to ship to FI, but nothing has been heard since. Unfortunately I've lost contact with the friend I had who knew a lot of inside info from FI, so I don't know what happened from there.
Wez

The Hammerhead Stall coaster will not be making its way to FI. FI cancelled the order due to planning issues with the ride. I havnt heard of a "double ended topscan" in my life, so not sure where that rumour came from. I think FI are installing some kiddie rides for next season. No idea what they are though!
The best, most informed enthusiast EVER!!111
spark

Oh well.

Would of been nice to get another coaster. Something which is long and smooth lol :P
RiK-SRi

[quote=""Wez""]The Hammerhead Stall coaster will not be making its way to FI. FI cancelled the order due to planning issues with the ride. I havnt heard of a "double ended topscan" in my life, so not sure where that rumour came from. I think FI are installing some kiddie rides for next season. No idea what they are though![/quote]

I have heard of the double ended topscan, apparently it is a mondial prototype which would mean FI would have the worlds first. They put a lot of kiddie rides in at the beginning of this year. With the removal of G-Force (part ex against amazing confusion) and now beast FI needs more thrill rides, not more kiddie rides.
RiK-SRi

I emailed FI about the hammerhead stall and they replied saying the project was cancelled due to technical difficulties and there is currently no plans for another roller coaster at fantasy island. I believe them as they have never been ones to keep their projects quiet like AT do.
spark

There are no plans for another coaster? What ever?
phillipvass

Does anybody know if FI will be getting any new rides :-?
Adz
Admin
Admin

Double ended Topscan to replace the beast.

The beast is off to brean leisure park.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Thanks sarah, thought my above post was a bit de-ja-vu.