Skegness, Island Of Adventure

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Virus

Hey any info in skegness island of adventure and whats the best ride going there soon june 11th by bday thats were i was born anyway is jubilee oddesy any good
Jay12

Yes definetly go on JO its the best higher and faster than neme :D
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
Doopy Dan

Skegness Islands Of Adventure??? WTF, i only know of one Islands Of Adventure and thats in Florida, I think you mean Fantasy Island, Skegness
haydn!

Jubilee Odysee aint that great, infact its pretty pants for how much they expect you to pay. Plus, its really painful in parts, and not been that much of a realiable coaster. After just one year, parts of the track had to be lowered and replaced because on numerous occasions the trains stalled midway.

The only decent ride there, is The Beast (a Mondial Topscan ride) or the Fantasy Mouse spinning coaster....thats pretty kool too.
Doopy Dan

I liked Decent from Dragon Mountain, Flume Dhingy Ride
haydn!

ah, i didnt get to ride that, was it good? one thing about fantasy island is the themeing indoor is exceptional!
Doopy Dan

Yes it is very good theming, Yes Decent from dragon mountain was very good, a nice themed que line to the very top of the pyramid building then a decent in a dhingy, you get quite wet too
bigblade40

how much are the rides there?
bigblade40
Sazzle

You pay by way of tokens, the most expensive being £4 for the Millenium Coaster/ Jubilee Odyssey tokens with cover most of the newer, bigger rides. Other than that, tokens are fifty pence each and rides take up to four/five tokens.
[flicker]

....Skegness......*shudder*.....
Sazzle

I personally don't like Skegness, but Ingoldmells rocks :P
[flicker]

Am originally from somewhere in Lincolnshire that is fairly close to Skegness, Mablethorpe, Ingoldmells, etc and have always hated the general tacky horrible feel of those places. Mind you, have played some good gigs there. But to be fair, i'd rather take out my eyes with a rusty spoon then go to Skegness anytime soon....er..maybe being slightly harsh there....
Sazzle

NO, MABLETHORPE IS MY BABY!! *Covers ears* I refuse to hear a word against it!

Well, I must say, Fantasy Island certainly adds appeal to Ingoldmells, although I can't see where the attraction of Bottons Please Beach - Skegness comes in...

Anyone ever been there? Me has pictures should anyone request them.
[flicker]

NO, MABLETHORPE IS MY BABY!! *Covers ears* I refuse to hear a word against it!
:twisted: hmmmmm.........!
robbob1991
Location: A Computer, A Room, A House, A Road, A Town, A County, A Country, A Planet, A Galexy, A Universe.

The best rides at fantasy island is volcanick eroption (soz abbout rubbish spelling) since thay have don it up and that one that shots u right up in the air on 3 pillars, the rest ar pants . Also that huge big wheel is quite good but thay should hav faced it towards the sea would have been better. if you go on jubilly odesey where head protection it hurts more than corkscrew
Adz
Admin
Admin

The best rides at fantasy island is volcanick eroption (soz abbout rubbish spelling) since thay have don it up and that one that shots u right up in the air on 3 pillars, the rest ar pants . Also that huge big wheel is quite good but thay should hav faced it towards the sea would have been better. if you go on jubilly odesey where head protection it hurts more than corkscrew
what a pile of poo.

they have loads of great rides including a Sky Coaster, Topscan, Volcanic eruption and a Gyroswing type ride that goes all the way over the top.
robbob1991
Location: A Computer, A Room, A House, A Road, A Town, A County, A Country, A Planet, A Galexy, A Universe.

well sorry. i was just putting my opinion forward of what i thorght of the rides there and also when i go there most of the time i get draged around the market for most of day. also i have never seen a Sky Coaster and Topscan (isn't that beast thing it) there in the 7 years i have been going so could you ell me where they are
Sazzle

They have no Skycoaster, they have a skyshot.

Amazing Confusion is the new 'gyroswing type ride' and is called... Something I can't remember right now but will find out and report back ASAP.

Volcanic Eruption has had modifications done to it whereby the seats tilt out by approximately twenty degrees when reaching half way up the tower.

I must admit, the new Giant Wheel looks very, very impressive - especially with all the lights attached etc. Shame about the four quid price tag. It wouldn't have been possible for them to place it near the sea due to high winds.
Adz
Admin
Admin

They have no Skycoaster, they have a skyshot
almost the same thing.. but thanks for pointing that out.
haydn!

[quote=""robbob1991""]well sorry. i was just putting my opinion forward of what i thorght of the rides there and also when i go there most of the time i get draged around the market for most of day. also i have never seen a Sky Coaster and Topscan (isn't that beast thing it) there in the 7 years i have been going so could you ell me where they are[/quote]

Is it me, or does he contradict himself before he's even finished? Never seen a topscan at fantasy island... but thinks the Beast is one