Universal Orlando Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

Has any one been on the Incredible Hulk coaster at Universal Orlando? If you have, please tell me what it's like?
themeparkdude

Well I have, it is great. You go up a lift hill, and then suddenly you get blasted 0-40mpph in 2 secs and you go into a barrel roll and down a 80ft drop into a cobra roll. Then you do 4 more loops, 2 vertical loops, and two corkscrews.

Also go on Spiderman, it is like a 4d cinema, but you are in cars which move around a track, and you wear 3D glasses and things on screens jump out.
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

JezziWezzi

Has any one been on the increadable hulk coaster at disneyland florida
No, I havent been on it, but my friend has, its at Islands Of Adventure, Florida. Not Disneyland!! :mrgreen:
davey_will1980

Breathtaking is one way of describing it, that first launch from the tunnel is great, and the music is really atmospheric.
Dagan

The queue line building is superb and would have been perfect for Oblivion.

The ride itself from what I remember (it was back in '99.. though I am going next summer again o/) starts off great, but once you go through the tunnel it does lose a bit since it leaves the themed areas of the park and goes to traditional US stick it on some flat wasteland style.

http://www.jonessoft.pwp.blueyonder.co. ... erview.jpg - Hulk from space
Anonymous

Sooo I'm the only person here who thinks it looks kinda average :P
Anonymous

It looks amazing.. But Disneys for like 3 to 5's so I only go places like MM.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diddi

here are two onride videos of hulk. both are around 30mb:

second row (nearly a front view):
http://ssdelta.serverseed.com/HulkRowTwo.MPG

back row:
http://ssdelta.serverseed.com/HulkBackRow.MPG
Image <---->Image
Steighvo

nouseforaname,

brilliant video's. well done!
Touch my beans... said the man!
Makusu

Has anyone been on this? I'm going America (Florida) next year and I really can't wait to go on this! It looks awesome, have any of you been on it? What's it like if you've been on it. :D
Phil

Look through here and here for a few reviews and comments on the ride.

I went on it when it opened last year - it is such a well themed ride and puts the UK's theming to shame! A few tips:

- Look out for the hidden surprises in the Q line :wink:
- As soon as you enter the park, head straight to Shrek-4D as the Q for this is often 2 hours + all day! Then go to the mummy. From my experience the Mummy Q wasn't too bad until just before lunch!!
- Take advantage of Universal express, it's like a better version of AT's fast-track!!

Have fun! :D
Dagan

Not ridden it myself yet, but I'm in Florida this time next year. Looking forward to this and also Expedition Everest... which looks amazing (its undergoing testing right now)
Phil

It's a very good coaster, but personally i rate Kumba more highly. Hulk has a very exciting start, a boring middle, and then gets better again at the end. The theming on Hulk is extraordinary, as is the theming through-out the rest of the park. Kumba is awesome all the way through - it interacts with the landscape beautifully and never seems to slow down. Kumba is definately the best of Florida's 2 B&M sit-dwons. Alth
draytonmanorplus

Im also going Florida Next Year, looking really forward to this ride as it looks so much different than the norm. Can someone tell me if it is worth buying Universal Express Plus, as i am going in peak season in the English Summer Holidays.

SW-Dave

hulk as others have said starts off great, despite having seen other trains blastin out of the tunnel, nothing quie prepares you for the sudden acceleration. After the Cobra and the Loop though, the sequance of helix's is rather boring, Not a ride that keeps you hanging on from start to finish, unlike a JW ride.

A fairly average ride overall IMO. Kumba is much better.

But ive never been a huge fan of standard B&M sit downs, much prefer Floorless.
plasticboy

Yeah just the same as everyone else really, the start is fantastic but then its pretty average and it loses quiet a lot of speed. Sit at the Back for a better ride. :mrgreen:
Anonymous

The Mummy is excellent!! The queue line theming is one of the best ive seen with interactive elements! The ride system is really good as well and the special effects are out of this world!
jpecool

I might be in Ohio or florida next year. I really hope i go to Ohio though, and then i will get to go to the greatest amusement park in the world Cedar point! With the greatest coasters. I have wanted to go their since i was like 4.

Anyway, i have an onride video taken of the mummy in night vision. I will try find it and link to it. You cant see any of the coaster part, but you can make out the awesome themeing and effects.

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
doom+sons1988

I went on the Florida version in August and it's fairly good but it's not Spiderman. The queue was cool with the interactive elements and there was some good atmosphere but the videos of Brendan Fraiser and Arnold Volsoo really ruined it.
The restraints were also very loose, making it feel like you would fall out when it got really moving. But to be honest the coaster sections were very tame but I did like the opening scene with Imotep, for anyone who's been on it would agree that he is the greatest animintronic ever.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
jpecool

http://www.nogodforme.com/USH2005.htm

the POV is on this page. :)

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!